Help! Where to stay for the least $

mouseketeer_mom

DIS Veteran
So, here it is. My aunt and uncle, their son (17) and his friend (17) in WDW for a week next March 2010. She is not the planner :sad2: I am the planner in the bunch :thumbsup2

She was thinking two rooms at a value. I'm seeing about 135.00 per room per night. The Family suites are over 300.00 per night :scared1: A standard room at the Poly is over $400.00.

Really? I mean come on! REALLY?!?!

What am I missing? This is a room at a value, no kitchen, no place to relax, no blender to make your evening "unwind" beverage, for 135.00 A NIGHT!

Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me the secret! Please!

Your best bet would be to get 2 standard rooms or get a FW cabin if you want 2 rooms. The cabins do only have 1 bathroom though if that matters to you. If you want more amenities (including a full kitchen), go with the cabin. :wizard:

I think most people will tell you on here that you aren't paying for amenities and a luxurious room, you are paying for location. You are paying for the "disney experience", early or late entry into the park, transportation to and from the park and well most of all because they just can, because people pay it! There are specials that they run for 4 nights 3 for free, or free dining, or also they will email you special pin codes if disney has your email and you are lucky enough to get one. As for the first two specials it just depends when you are going and when they are running the specials. People also do AAA discounts.
It looks like you have been on these boards quite a bit, so I am sure you have probably heard about everything I just posted

If you are wanting a place to relax in a living room setting and need a place to blend drinks, for a premium price during peak season, you probably need to look at an offiste house rental. Because as another poster mentioned, a Disney room is about the whole package of staying onsite, not just the room.

You could also look into renting DVC points for a villa. But that requires planning, sometimes 11 months out. But its the cheapest way to stay onsite and have a kitchen and living room area.

Sounds like she is going during spring break season which next to Christmas week is the most expensive time of the year to travel to WDW.

What about renting points from a dvc? I know that this is my plan for our next trip. If I looked at it right a family of 4 at OKW for a week in a studio was 109 points. I have seen points go anywhere from 10-12 dollars a point. That would be 1090-1308 for a week. That is 156-187 a night. I know we last stayed in a 2 br at OKW and LOVED it. Just an idea. Hope this helps. I am always looking for a cheaper way. GOOD LUCK!! Please let me know if this is not correct! TIA

If I were traveling with two 17-year-olds - I wouldn't give them their own room! :lmao: Four people will fit in a value resort, although it will be a tight fit. If they need more space, then they will either pay through the nose at WDW during spring break, or get more for their money in a suite off-site.

Well, once again the Dissers are all-knowing! :thumbsup2

Because the cost is of importance, DAunt is staying off-site at the Double Tree resorts. OFF-SITE?? :confused3 Well, for her situation it may be the only resonable option.

To the poster who suggested that two 17 yr olds shouldn't have their own room.... consider the alternative.... sharing one very small value resort room with two 17 yr old boys Yikes! Dear God! It would have to be the castle suite for me to even consider it!!!!

Thanks again Dissers! You are one wise bunch!!! :cool1:

Yep---if you can't swing a single Value or perhaps Moderate room, then offsite is going to work out to be a lot less money for a lot more space, even considering having to pay for parking, a rental car, etc.

Yep---if you can't swing a single Value or perhaps Moderate room, then offsite is going to work out to be a lot less money for a lot more space, even considering having to pay for parking, a rental car, etc.

I totally agree with this advice. So easy to find a nice TS room off-site, and they are more than reasonable.

And...no way I would consider sharing a room with my son's 17 y.o. friend!

I love ASMusic (for about a week) but I don't think it's worth it to rent 2 rooms there when you can rent one with several bedrooms, or a house, for the same price off-site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter