HELP! POFQ or POP?

beachgrl001

DIS Veteran
I have been weighing the pros and cons. I really had my heart set on POFQ(8 nights aug 27 sept. 4) but I can stay at the POP and save $550.
I would be saving $$ anyway because my stay would be during free dining. so should I save the 550 and stay at pop? It would be myself, dh, ds3, ds12 and my parents in their room. This would be our first time staying onsite and I really want it to be special. 550 would buy alot of souviners;)

I haven't stayed at POP, but my family and I love POFQ. If it's your first time staying onsite, I would assume that the hotel could also make the visit special. POFQ is pretty compact, in my opinion. Walking to the wonderful food court or the pool (with a dragon waterslide) is never a pain. The rooms are also a fairly nice size, and fitting four people into one room would be no problem.

They are both nice resorts. I mostly stay at Pop (used to stay more often at the Poly). POFQ is my favorite moderate, for the grounds. There are things that do differentiate a moderate from a value resort - like a nicer pool area (mods have jacuzzi tubs, more fancy pool, values do have nice but more basic pools). Generally, the mods have a sit-down restaurant, though POFQ doesn't actually have a sit-down, it's at Riverside. You can get a boat to Downtown Disney. There are more recreation options at a moderate resort.

It just depends on what you are looking for. :)

I've stayed at both and prefer POFQ for numerous reasons.

1. 2 sinks in the bathroom
2. Fridge in room
3. Hot tub
4. Smaller resort
5. Own bus stop at MK in the evening
6. Food court doesn't seem that crowded, and it has beignets. Yum.
7. Covered bus stop. While it does share with POR, your are first on and off going to and from the parks.
8. Boat ride to DTD
9. Pool slide

I've stayed at both & my pick is POP all the way! I love the theming & I think more of your family will appreciate the theming at POP than POFQ. It's kid & adult friendly. POFQ is a more romantic feel which would be nice for the adults, BUT everyone will enjoy reminiscing at POP.

POP all the way!!!! (plus the transportation is great & the food court is wonderful!):thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!