• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP!! My dog just ate 4 crayons!!!!!!

PrincessJasmine08

<font color=magenta>That is insane! I had no idea
I am freaking out!!! I just got home and I found about 4 crayons on the floor mostly eaten. My dog ate them! The vet is closed and I don't know what to do. She only weighs about 10 pounds, so 4 crayons is a lot. Can this hurt her? Is she going to be okay? I am going to call the vet first thing in the morning, but for now I am just so worried. She has never done this before, I have no idea where this came from!

She'll be fine. Crayons are non-toxic.

19992032_150x150_F.jpg

She may leave some very festive surprises for you in the yard for a few days, though. :sunny:

I doubt they'll do her any harm. Crayons are non-toxic, no? Look at the box, I'm pretty sure they are. Especially since we leave kids with them unattended. Most likely she'll get a slight upset tummy and she'll either pass them or you'll get to have some fun cleaning up rainbow barf.

Kimya

I ate crayons as a kid. Mom said she called the doctor and he told her I'd have very colorful poop, but that was it. :)

She'll be fine! Every dog does this at least once if there are kids in the house (thus crayons not put away). Your backyard will have decorative piles in it for awhile.

Relax! As previously stated, crayons are non toxic.

My German Shepherd loves to eat crayons. Yes...she's about 55 lbs heavier than your dog...but they never hurt her...and it adds a bit of a punch to her poopy :teeth:

Looks like we were all on the same page with rainbow poop! :lmao:

Kimya

Don't worry, take a deep breath. my dog likes to chew crayons if he finds them. He never gets sick but gets some colorfull presents. LOL

She'll have some colorful poop ;) :rotfl: but otherwise s/b fine assuming they were toxic free ones. It's possible they might constipate her so if you have something that might relieve her I'd suggest giving it to her. Also encourage water.

Mabel sometimes has "confetti poops" as we call it. She used to eat crayons anytime she could. We try to keep them out of her reach now!!

Don't worry, she will be fine!

We used to have Beagle when I was little that ate my crayons all the time. She would poop candles. :rotfl:

a list of things my mom's dog has eaten in the last year (the dog is only about 10 lbs):

-(at least) 3 zippers off of sweatshirts/jackets...2 were within the last week
-the corner of a rug
-the laces to my keen shoes along with the toggle clasp
-2 straps off of pocketbooks
-dried leaves
-a small foam shape from a kid's art project

that's all i can think of right now. I'm positive there's plenty more but I just wanted to put your mind at ease. my mom's dog is fine (physically) and has never had any problems after eating any of these things. She actually found out that the dog ate them when she saw them after they came through her.

good luck with your dog :sunny:

LadyyRedd said:
Looks like we were all on the same page with rainbow poop! :lmao:

Kimya
We have a choclate lab that used to eat crayons. I didn't even realize it until he started dropping confetti in the back yard :lmao:

I'm sure your little guy will be ok. Keep an eye on him.

Something else just came to mind too.....I was cleaning Madisons room (total mess) and she had all these beads all on the floor. Mabel was in there...and I was so amazed she wasn't eating them....well....I WAS WRONG!!!.....The next day when I went to clean up the yard.....her poop was full of different colored beads!!

The whole time I was cleaning, I just thought she was sniffing them!!!

I could also make a list of the things of found in her poop!!!

Rainbow poop, you guys are cracking me up!!! :rotfl2:

Anyway, thanks for the reassurance. I am glad to hear she should be fine. I will now always remember to put the crayons away. She used to be a chapstick eater, I didn't know crayons were next on her list! It's not like we don't feed her....she's a little on the...um...round side :rolleyes1

EVERY dog I have ever had has eaten crayons....I don't even turn my head about their health....I just get really tired of picking them up (and, having dd leave them on the floor all the time).

Your puppy will be fine....but, I hope he/she is potty trained!!! :eek:

:wave:

Beca

LOL My Lab has eaten crayons, pens, pencils, even a bottle cap. I didn't know he ate the bottle cap until later.
I was pretty darn upset last summer when he thought it was a great idea to eat a bee! The bee stung him all the way down his throat! It was pretty unnerving to watch him trying to get it up and out of his throat. We did call the animal hospital and they said should be fine, which he was, and to watch for respiratory distress etc.

To this day he still chases the darn bees.

2 brief stories....about my sister's dog Mandy....

My parents' old refrigerator was getting to the point where that cushiony seal that keeps the door closed was getting old and didn't hold very well. It held, but would open easily. The dog discovered this. We did not discover this until the 3rd or 4th time that one of us came home to an empty house and would find the fridge door open and things strewn about, such as an empty package of hotdogs, empty packages of deli meat, the empty papers from our subway subs. My mom was getting PO'd because she thought my stepdad was just not closing the fridge door properly! :lmao: She finally caught the dog in action one day and they had to baby proof it until they bought a new fridge.

One other time my mom came home to an emtpy house and found little red mushy things all over the floor. She couldn't for the life of her, figure out what they were.....until she found the empty box of chocolate covered cherries and figured that the dog ate the chocolate and spit out the cherries!!!! :rotfl2:

Kimya

If she were a true DIS dog, she would have only gone for the lime green crayon! :teeth: Or patriotic, she would have gone for red, white, and blue... Or maybe your favorite sports team colors. :rotfl:

Our dogs have eaten crayons, but they prefer the cat's pretend furry mice (their favorite), pencils, and blocks. My son doesn't play with blocks much anymore, but since our cats knock pencils off the table, that's a normal thing for them to chew up.

I can't wait to hear the details tomorrow. :lmao:

When our dogs eat Booda Velvets we sure see those the next day or two. :rolleyes:

OMG, I can't believe no one has said it....

Don't worry, this too shall pass!" :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter