Help in choosing a resort

LovetheMouse12302

Mouseketeer
I need some help!!!! We haven't booked our vacation yet but for months we have had plans wrote down to stay a week at Grand Floridian next year. We love staying there but today my DS (5 almost 6) asked if we could stay at the All Star Movies resort. We have visited the values and he loved the big icons! I don't mind staying at a value and would love to save the money but my main concern is the beds. I have some back/neck issues and need a comfortable mattress. I can't sleep on a super firm matress. Will I have any issues? We will be driving to the parks so I don't have concerns with busses. Also, has ASMO been refurbed recently? If not, which values have? I would love to try AoA, but our son won't set foot in a Little Mermaid room and we don't need a suite. There will be 4 of us traveling. Me, DH, DS (will be 6) and DD (she will be 1). Thanks in advance.

Movies was just completed a renovation in November of last year. I found the mattress to be fine. One thing I have noticed in my many stays at WDW resorts is that mattresses can be inconsistent. I have had some mattresses feel like a slab of concrete and others that were quite comfortable at the same resorts. I have also found no differences between resort levels. I have had the concrete slab mattresses at the deluxe resorts.

If you absolutely must have a comfortable mattress the swan and dolphin have the heavenly mattresses which are truly heavenly, but they don't have the big icons your son wants.

If you absolutely must have a comfortable mattress the swan and dolphin have the heavenly mattresses which are truly heavenly.

Oh, those heavenly beds! We love the Swan/Dolphin, especially when staying on points!

I need some help!!!! We haven't booked our vacation yet but for months we have had plans wrote down to stay a week at Grand Floridian next year. We love staying there but today my DS (5 almost 6) asked if we could stay at the All Star Movies resort. We have visited the values and he loved the big icons! I don't mind staying at a value and would love to save the money but my main concern is the beds. I have some back/neck issues and need a comfortable mattress. I can't sleep on a super firm matress. Will I have any issues? We will be driving to the parks so I don't have concerns with busses. Also, has ASMO been refurbed recently? If not, which values have? I would love to try AoA, but our son won't set foot in a Little Mermaid room and we don't need a suite. There will be 4 of us traveling. Me, DH, DS (will be 6) and DD (she will be 1). Thanks in advance.

We just stayed at the POP and found the beds to be quite comfortable. Even though the POP still had the big icons, I found it to be better done than the All Stars. I agree with a pp that the beds can be inconsistent. We found the AoA beds in a little mermaid room to be terrible for us. I'd be with your son after staying in a Little Mermaid room. It was a bit tacky for me, but I knew that going in. We just wanted to stay there for a night since it had just opened.

I second the comfy beds at Pop (at least in our room). Plenty of big icons for your young man there too :)

Not sure how tall your DHS is, but the values only have double beds, vs queen at mod and deluxe.

If you are wanting the experience for your son IMO I would let him pick one of the AoA suites. There will be more room and a bigger bed for you and DH (especially if you have been staying at the larger deluxes) and I have heard the theme there is the BEST of the values.
We only do the values now when there is only the 2 of us because of the full-sized beds. Our last value stay was at the ASMovies and the beds were kinda hard there IMO. The room was in great shape though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter