help choosing resort

CariLL

Disney mommie
Hi all, new to these boards. First disney trip planned for 9/28/10-10/9/10 staying at BLT with family of 6. really want to go back in May, probably 5/7/11-5/15/11, but will be on a budget. Considering POR, cabins family suites at ASM or BC deluxe(priciest). My kids will be 7,5,3,almost 2. What are your thoughts, we will be depending on Disney transportation. Is POR really large enough for us? Thanks.

I wouldn't try to do POR in one room with four small children. Not enough real estate for luggage, kid stuff, stroller... you'll go mad.

Have you considered two adjoining rooms at any of the values? Much less expensive than a cabin or a suite (I am not fond of those ASMu suites, I won't stay in them again) or a deluxe. You can bring dollar-store rubber door stoppers which will keep the doors between rooms open, and you'll have two bathrooms. We did this once with small kids (4 and 1 1/2) and 5 other people, some adults and some older kids, and it worked well. Just made sure to throw the upper latch (above little hands' reach) so that they could not open the outside door, and one adult slept in that room with the two little ones on the king bed (the other room had two doubles).

We do really like the cabins, but with small children the transportation at Ft. Wilderness could be quite overwhelming for y'all - there is a reason why it is nearly impossible to reserve a golf cart over there lol The cabin layout does work well with a group which includes a very young child (goes to bed early) and older children (who don't) because you can put littler ones down in the bedroom and the living area will be on the opposite end of the house. The full kitchens in them are great too if you are able to arrange for or stop to pick up groceries - it can save you money on restaurant food.

Like I said, I don't particularly care for the Family Suites as ASMu - there is only one real bed in them. The rest of the sleeping arrangements are fold-out couches and chairs. While it is nice to have the extra bathroom space and the extended 'kitchen' area (cabinets at least) with a fridge, we just weren't really happy with the suite experience in general and won't do it again.

HTH! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter