Hello from newbies and some advice please! ;0)

eastbournelads

Eastbournelads
Hi all! well it was 2003 when we first went to florida had a villa in spring hills just before our 30ths! shared with my parents (saga louts)and my brother and his wife!! thought it would be a disaster but we loved it!!

Anyway weve had a break from holidays for 18 months, last one was seoul, japan and dubai this year we're heading back stateside!!

Just wanted some advice really!! Were spending 3 days in washington dc then 10 in orlando (Grand Hyatt Cypress)then onto new york for 4 nights in the crowne plaza times square.

I'm a huge coaster buff, my long suffering partner spent most of the japan and seoul trip 'holding coats etc' whilst i hurled myself down 300ft 90mph monsters in tokyo! Anyway! Weve tentatively booked the grand cypress hyatt as we didnt want to be too near the parks but near enough to spend 3/4 days at universal (never been to islands of adventure!) and a couple od days at Hollywood (used to be Mgm?) studios and probably a day at the animal kingdon.

Are we staying too out of the way to make it workable? And we're not sure whether to hire a car or get cabs / shuttles from hotel! Would rather get fastpassess for universal (universal in japan BTW has queue times of up to 5 hours per attraction!!) and probably just late entry tickets to disney etc

Sorry am waffling!

We're both dead excited!! We may change the hotel to a universal one for the first four days but the cost is huge!!

If anyones got any experience or can help would be really chuffed! Also if any of you are staying at the grand cypress from 26/8 till 4/9 and fancy a bevvy give us a shout!! We're both quire normal.......er....love a bevvy and laugh!!

Happy travels peeps

Chris & Ian!
:happytv:

Sorry-no advice-I'm sure there will be someone on here to help you.
Just wanted to say :wave2: and Welcome to the DIS.

Lisa

I would definitely rent a car for the 10 days you're in FL. It will make life easier and faster than waiting for shuttle buses.

I can't even imagine waiting 5 hours for a ride. You'll enjoy Fast Pass!

You might also want to post your Universal questions over on the Universal boards here. They're also friendly there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter