Hayley's Make A Wish Trip MAW/GKTW (Nov/Dec 2010)

The kids love giving each other bunny ears!:rotfl2: I can remember doing that as a kid and thinking it was the funniest thing in the world:goodvibes

Hayley is in love with her Minnie Cinderella Dress and wants to wear it to school! I told her after the Make A Wish Trip she can wear it whenever she wants!

I had posted a question on the Wish Tripper thread about airlines waiving fees and got the answer from Air Tran.

I e-mailed them and they sent me back a very nice and quick reply. They said that baggage fees are waived for Wish families (so that will save us some money that can go towards souvenirs!:cool1:)

I had also inquired about whether they could move us to business class (their first class which two by two more comfy, larger seats). I check the online system and no one has purchased the business class seats yet and there are 10. They said to inquire when we check in at the airport and that if they were still available that we could have them:goodvibes

I also asked about Hayley and Nathan meeting the captain and seeing the cockpit. Figured while I was at it, might as well as for everything, right? She said that would depend on the captain and the crew, but again, to ask them when we are at our boarding gate!

So hopefully we will get some extra pixiedust:

Just wanted to share this so that those of you following my PTR and going on future wish trips would know that you might want to e-mail your airline ahead of time and see if you can get any of these things done for your wish child!!:goodvibes

That is awesome news. We spent $200 the last time on baggage fees:scared1:. I will be calling this time.
Here's some pixiedust: for the other 2.

That is awesome that Airtran will wave the fees! We are flying on Southwest so our bags fly free! ;)

I think since you were on a roll and you had them on the phone you should of asked if the kids could actually fly the plane.:lmao::lmao:

I'm just subbing on and really enjoying your ptr! You have two gorgeous children and I just love the photos of them opening their Big Give gifts - so many beautiful creative items! I think you are totally right in taking Hayley now while she is doing well and happy, make the most of today and enjoy the magic as a family. Having had four years of ups and downs with my transplant baby I know that I look at life so differently and believe in taking the magic today as who know what tomorrow brings. :love:

:goodvibes
I'm just subbing on and really enjoying your ptr! You have two gorgeous children and I just love the photos of them opening their Big Give gifts - so many beautiful creative items! I think you are totally right in taking Hayley now while she is doing well and happy, make the most of today and enjoy the magic as a family. Having had four years of ups and downs with my transplant baby I know that I look at life so differently and believe in taking the magic today as who know what tomorrow brings. :love:

THanks for subbing and for your kind words!!:goodvibes

That is awesome that Airtran will wave the fees! We are flying on Southwest so our bags fly free! ;)

I think since you were on a roll and you had them on the phone you should of asked if the kids could actually fly the plane.:lmao::lmao:

Hey I never thought of that:rotfl2:

I actually e-mailed them and that way I have it in writing. Printed it off and will take it with us along with all of my other information I have accumulated.

Hi. We just found out we will be there Nov. 15-21st. Our son Michael has Bronchiolitis Obliterans, a form of interstitial lung disease. I saw Hayley's Vest and nebulizer and started reading your thread since Michael's disease is similar to CF. Hope to see you there!

Mindy

Hi. We just found out we will be there Nov. 15-21st. Our son Michael has Bronchiolitis Obliterans, a form of interstitial lung disease. I saw Hayley's Vest and nebulizer and started reading your thread since Michael's disease is similar to CF. Hope to see you there!

Mindy

Maybe we will see you there! I just subscribed to your PTR!:goodvibes

Hi Becky,

I know you are going on Airtran(is that correct airline) and I was reading someone post on this site about them and thought I would let you know. I guess if you want to sit by your family you have to pay for it. If not they will sit you separately. This one lady said they separated her and her 3 year old child.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2564903

I'm sure because you are a MAW trip they will keep you all together, but maybe give them a call.

What amazing Big Gives! It never ceases to amaze me the generosity found here on this board.

Sounds like the flight should start the trip off nicely. Good thing you asked!

Hi Becky,

I know you are going on Airtran(is that correct airline) and I was reading someone post on this site about them and thought I would let you know. I guess if you want to sit by your family you have to pay for it. If not they will sit you separately. This one lady said they separated her and her 3 year old child.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2564903

I'm sure because you are a MAW trip they will keep you all together, but maybe give them a call.

I did see that thread yesterday. I am trying not to stress out about it. I am sure they will at least be able to seat us 2 and 2 together and that will be fine as long as one adult is with each child! I am hoping for the business class seats!!

What amazing Big Gives! It never ceases to amaze me the generosity found here on this board.

Sounds like the flight should start the trip off nicely. Good thing you asked!

Yes the Big Givers are Amazing :worship: We feel so lucky to have been chosen to receive gifts from them!!:goodvibes

Only 38 days until our trip!! We are all so excited!

I got an e-mail from our MAW coordinator today that said someone called their office and wanted to make a small donation to a wish child from our city. She said they pulled all their pennies together and it will be enough to pay for our breakfast with the Princesses at CRT. They sent in a gift card that will cover it and we will get it with our packet from our volunteers before we leave:cool1:

So some extra pixie dust pixiedust:

We also make a Mickey Head countdown calendar to start on day 30, so just a few more days before we can start using that. I will post pictures later, it actually turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself! And I am not at all crafty, but Hayley helped!!

Now I am trying to make a list of things to check over after the suitcases are packed and things that I might need to buy still before the trip.

Any suggestions from those of you who have already been that I should not forget??:confused3

Here are some pictures of our countdown calendar!!!

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5436.jpg

IMG_5437.jpg

I love the calendar! How exciting! Do you have anything under the numbers?

We have to get working on ours. We will be down to 30 days before we know it!

Thank you!!

Nope nothing under the Mickey Heads. I am not very crafty and this calendar is as good as it gets!:goodvibes

I have looked at others on the Dis boards that were amazing, with little pictures underneath, but I don't have the talent or the patienced to do all that!

Thank you!!

Nope nothing under the Mickey Heads. I am not very crafty and this calendar is as good as it gets!:goodvibes

I have looked at others on the Dis boards that were amazing, with little pictures underneath, but I don't have the talent or the patienced to do all that!

For someone not crafty...I think this turned out great. I would of never thought of doinf something like this. My idea of a count down is those circles-rings that hooked to each other...lol. How did you get the mickey head shape? Did you velcro to hold it down or tape?

For someone not crafty...I think this turned out great. I would of never thought of doinf something like this. My idea of a count down is those circles-rings that hooked to each other...lol. How did you get the mickey head shape? Did you velcro to hold it down or tape?

The Mickey Heads are paint sample cards from Home Depot. We used the scapbooking sticky dots on the back of them to get them to stick! It was really VERY simple! If I can do it, anyone can!

Guess what came in the mail today?:confused3

Another BIG GIVE!!! WOO HOO!!!:cool1:

The kids were so excited to see what was inside!:banana:

Thank you so much Glenda (DIS ID gcast1)! The kids absolultely loved all of their gifts! The crayon rollups are fantastic! And they love the twistable crayons! Those are so cool! :cloud9:

IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_5454.jpg

IMG_5455.jpg

IMG_5456.jpg

IMG_5457.jpg

IMG_5460.jpg

Nathan LOVED all the Start Wars books and especially the Storm Trooper Pen! He really liked the Phineus and Ferb journal!! You did a wonderful job picking out just the things he loves!:goodvibes

IMG_5461.jpg

Hayley LOVED all of her princess items!:cloud9: She loves to color and draw, so the journal, coloring book and crayon rollup are awesome!!

All of these items should keep them occupied on the 2 hour limo ride to the airport and on the plane!

Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts!!!
I am going to have to join the Big Give Group when we return! I can't sew, but I would love to do pixie dust!!pixiedust:

Wow, what awesome gifts!

Love all the Star Wars coloring books... (I am a Star Wars lover!!)

Great pixie dust for the kids!!!!!!!!!!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter