Hayley's Make A Wish Trip MAW/GKTW (Nov/Dec 2010)

Woo Hoo! We still have 2 months and 1 day to go until our trip and we have already received another Big Give present!!:goodvibes:cool1:

Thank you so much to the LAXTON FAMILY!!!

IMG_5384.jpg

IMG_5383.jpg

(Hayley is doing one of her many breathing treatments and Nathan is getting ready to leave for Boy Scouts)

The gift card was SO generous and appreciated VERY MUCH!!! The kids are already discussing what they are going to spend it on and I am sure that will change many times before we actually get to Disney and they get a chance to use it! Thank you so much for making sure they will have some extra spending money to make this trip even more special!!:cool1:

I love the smiles with the neb in her mouth, Katlyn still uses a mask so it is hard to see smiles when she is doing her neb, it looks more like a fish on her face ;). How fun that the kids are getting to start have fun with the Big Give.

You are very welcome. My DH has CF (Delta V mutation) and your story obviously piqued my interest. We were given our own miracle thanks to GOD and IVF in 2006 (at the age of 40) :eek:!! I am glad I found the Big give and you!!

You are very welcome. My DH has CF (Delta V mutation) and your story obviously piqued my interest. We were given our own miracle thanks to GOD and IVF in 2006 (at the age of 40) :eek:!! I am glad I found the Big give and you!!

What a small world! I am so glad that you were able to have your own miracle!! I hope and pray that someday soon they will find a cure for CF, so Hayley will be able to have a child of her own someday too!

Again, thank you so much for the gift card!! I will make sure to post in our trip report how they spent it and show pictures of what they bought with it!!:goodvibes

Just found your PTR. How exciting! We are going on our MAW trip October 5 to 12. Congrats on the BIG WISH! That's awesome! I will be following!

Have you guys tried Cayston yet? We just did the first round. Its not sticky like Tobi and my husband is definitely breathing better. Our Mary does not have the Delta 508 mutation like her Daddy she has a mutation that starts with a Y (my husband has it too) that they don't know much about but no symptoms yet (knock on wood). I was tested in 2003 but they did not test for mutations back then just CF. My husband actually passes the "sweat test" but the Pseudomonas, FEV of around 38% and absence of the vas deferens prompted us to figure out he likely had a mutation. Then after Mary was born she got sick at 6 months and had to start inhaled meds he got tested and so did she so we could see what we were dealing with.

So a little boy rang the doorbell selling boy scout popcorn and what did we find when we opened the door? OUR FIRST BIG GIVE PACKAGE!!! The mail mail had put it between the storm door and the front door!

It is from Melissa B. THANK YOU SO MUCH MELISSA!!!!!!:goodvibes

IMG_5352.jpg

Very excited and wanting to open it now! But I had to take the picture!

IMG_5355.jpg

What's inside?

IMG_5356.jpg

A perfect bag just for "Princess Hayley" Complete with Cinderella's Carriage!!! WOW, can you tell she loved it?:confused3

IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5358.jpg

She wanted to sleep with her new bag, but I convinced her that she needed to keep it nice for the trip! It will be a great carryon bag for her to carry herself on the plane!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH MELISSA!!! IT REALLY MADE OUR DAY TO GET OUR FIRST BIG GIVE PACKAGE!!!

Sorry that I just now saw this!!! I am so glad she enjoyed the bag!!! I can't wait to hear about your special trip!!! :) (And I am excited that the bag was her first gift!)

Your kids are beautiful!! Those smiles are amazing!!! :)

Thanks for all of the compliments on the bag, ladies! The design is from HeatherSue -- she does a fabulous job on them!!!

Woo Hoo! We still have 2 months and 1 day to go until our trip and we have already received another Big Give present!!:goodvibes:cool1:

Thank you so much to the LAXTON FAMILY!!!

IMG_5384.jpg

IMG_5383.jpg

(Hayley is doing one of her many breathing treatments and Nathan is getting ready to leave for Boy Scouts)

The gift card was SO generous and appreciated VERY MUCH!!! The kids are already discussing what they are going to spend it on and I am sure that will change many times before we actually get to Disney and they get a chance to use it! Thank you so much for making sure they will have some extra spending money to make this trip even more special!!:cool1:

How cool. Nothing is better than a little extra spending cash at DW. ;)

Have you guys tried Cayston yet? We just did the first round. Its not sticky like Tobi and my husband is definitely breathing better. Our Mary does not have the Delta 508 mutation like her Daddy she has a mutation that starts with a Y (my husband has it too) that they don't know much about but no symptoms yet (knock on wood). I was tested in 2003 but they did not test for mutations back then just CF. My husband actually passes the "sweat test" but the Pseudomonas, FEV of around 38% and absence of the vas deferens prompted us to figure out he likely had a mutation. Then after Mary was born she got sick at 6 months and had to start inhaled meds he got tested and so did she so we could see what we were dealing with.

We have not tried Cayston yet. She does pretty well with Tobi for now, so we will probably stick with it. I am so glad that Cayson works for your DH!! Also glad that Mary is just a CF carrier. Hayley is a double Delta F508 and her brother Nathan is a carrier.

We are FINALLY under the two month mark!! Woo Hoo!!!:cool1:

And we got another BIG GIVE today!!!!! The kids were so excited!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH ELLEN!!!! (Dis ID: ellenbenny)

IMG_5385.jpg

They were so excited to open it!!!

IMG_5386.jpg

IMG_5387.jpg

Hayley LOVED her dress!!:love::cloud9: Can you tell?:confused3

IMG_5389.jpg

I must have measured correctly because it fits perfectly and she looks absolutley adorable in it!!!:thumbsup2

IMG_5388.jpg

Nathan got these Star Wars shorts!! And he loves his Star Wars and his new shorts!!

IMG_5390.jpg

And he had a goofy face to go with his new goofy shirt!!!

The kids REALLY LOVED their clothes made especially for them out of the kindness of Ellen's heart!! Thank you so much for taking the time to make our wish trip so special Ellen! We appreciate it more than words can say!

I just know we are going to get so many compliments on these outfits!! Thank you again!!!!

Those are 2 of the cutest kids!!!! They look so HAPPY with their new clothes! Those outfits are AWESOME!

I'm so glad the kids like their clothes, I had fun making them, and their smiles make it so worthwhile!!! I hope you all have a great trip. Your kids are adorable!

We are FINALLY under the two month mark!! Woo Hoo!!!:cool1:

And we got another BIG GIVE today!!!!! The kids were so excited!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH ELLEN!!!! (Dis ID: ellenbenny)

IMG_5385.jpg

They were so excited to open it!!!

IMG_5386.jpg

IMG_5387.jpg

Hayley LOVED her dress!!:love::cloud9: Can you tell?:confused3

IMG_5389.jpg

I must have measured correctly because it fits perfectly and she looks absolutley adorable in it!!!:thumbsup2

IMG_5388.jpg

Nathan got these Star Wars shorts!! And he loves his Star Wars and his new shorts!!

IMG_5390.jpg

And he had a goofy face to go with his new goofy shirt!!!

The kids REALLY LOVED their clothes made especially for them out of the kindness of Ellen's heart!! Thank you so much for taking the time to make our wish trip so special Ellen! We appreciate it more than words can say!

I just know we are going to get so many compliments on these outfits!! Thank you again!!!!

I just loves these outfits. The dress is gorgeous. Ellen..you did an awesome job on both outfits.

Love the big Gives so far and can't wait to see more! Kids look sooo happy! Thanks for making me smile today! :goodvibes

Is that a Minnie Cinderella dress? Cute! princess:

Hayley didn't miss the opportunity to bust out the bunny ears over Nathan's head, did she? :lmao:

The kids love giving each other bunny ears!:rotfl2: I can remember doing that as a kid and thinking it was the funniest thing in the world:goodvibes

Hayley is in love with her Minnie Cinderella Dress and wants to wear it to school! I told her after the Make A Wish Trip she can wear it whenever she wants!

I had posted a question on the Wish Tripper thread about airlines waiving fees and got the answer from Air Tran.

I e-mailed them and they sent me back a very nice and quick reply. They said that baggage fees are waived for Wish families (so that will save us some money that can go towards souvenirs!:cool1:)

I had also inquired about whether they could move us to business class (their first class which two by two more comfy, larger seats). I check the online system and no one has purchased the business class seats yet and there are 10. They said to inquire when we check in at the airport and that if they were still available that we could have them:goodvibes

I also asked about Hayley and Nathan meeting the captain and seeing the cockpit. Figured while I was at it, might as well as for everything, right? She said that would depend on the captain and the crew, but again, to ask them when we are at our boarding gate!

So hopefully we will get some extra pixiedust:

Just wanted to share this so that those of you following my PTR and going on future wish trips would know that you might want to e-mail your airline ahead of time and see if you can get any of these things done for your wish child!!:goodvibes

The kids love giving each other bunny ears!:rotfl2: I can remember doing that as a kid and thinking it was the funniest thing in the world:goodvibes

Hayley is in love with her Minnie Cinderella Dress and wants to wear it to school! I told her after the Make A Wish Trip she can wear it whenever she wants!

I had posted a question on the Wish Tripper thread about airlines waiving fees and got the answer from Air Tran.

I e-mailed them and they sent me back a very nice and quick reply. They said that baggage fees are waived for Wish families (so that will save us some money that can go towards souvenirs!:cool1:)

I had also inquired about whether they could move us to business class (their first class which two by two more comfy, larger seats). I check the online system and no one has purchased the business class seats yet and there are 10. They said to inquire when we check in at the airport and that if they were still available that we could have them:goodvibes

I also asked about Hayley and Nathan meeting the captain and seeing the cockpit. Figured while I was at it, might as well as for everything, right? She said that would depend on the captain and the crew, but again, to ask them when we are at our boarding gate!

So hopefully we will get some extra pixiedust:

Just wanted to share this so that those of you following my PTR and going on future wish trips would know that you might want to e-mail your airline ahead of time and see if you can get any of these things done for your wish child!!:goodvibes

Oh I am sooo happy that they will waive the baggage fee's !! Love those big give pictures and awwWWWwwWWwww @ cinderella dress and love your kiddo's smiles :) Heres hoping for that extra pixie dust for the upgrade to seating and to see the cockpit !!!! how cool would that be !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter