Have US$ in Paypal, need to pay DVC dues. How do I do it?

Tony

Mouseketeer
Hi

So given the current travel situation, I have rented my DVC points out. The first tranche of money is now in my paypal account and I obviously have my annual dues to settle in the next few weeks.

Question is, how do I do this without accruing big FX charges? It seems as if I can buy disney gift cards online with my paypal account, but when trying this - even for electronic certs - it's asking for a US delivery address. I also assume to do this I need to set the US$ balance in my paypal account to the primary one (then swap it back).

Am I missing something obvious here? I assume I'm not the first person to be in this position.

Many thanks
Tony

many thanks. Currently getting an error when I try to swap to the us$ account being the primary one but will try again tomorrow!
Any luck? If you have a US bank account its pretty easy to transfer cash to from PayPal.

I got there. PayPal told me to set up another account but I’m not sure that was correct. Anyway managed to buy a 25$ gift card and after about 30hrs - presumably for fraud checks - the card arrived. I’ve now paid that off the dues but need to start working in bigger lots!

many thanks

Any luck? If you have a US bank account its pretty easy to transfer cash to from PayPal.
Problem is that starting January 4th 2021 PayPal now charges a 3% fee if you transfer $ funds from your non US PayPal account to a US bank :oops:

Do you know if you can have a U.K. and US paypal account?

you can easily create a US account however you can’t confirm the identity as they require a US citizen info.
So you can say you aren’t allowed but if it is as clear cut as that I don’t know.

you can easily create a US account however you can’t confirm the identity as they require a US citizen info.
So you can say you aren’t allowed but if it is as clear cut as that I don’t know.
If you have a social number and a US bank account is that enough?

If you have a social number and a US bank account is that enough?
If you have a US SSN then you are good(I guess) then you can also get a us bank account.

However if you don’t live in the US how would you get a US SSN?

regards

Sorry - should have come back to this. What I had to do was set up a second paypal account. As I'm in the UK, it defaulted to GBP but I was able to add a US$ section then request the US$ from my first paypal account. I then used the second one to complete the transaction with Shop Disney. Regardless of what I tried, I couldn't get the paypal interface on Shop Disney to pull the funds from my US$ balance on the first account, but am willing to admit that could be user error.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I was able to complete the process but it was cumbersome in the extreme. I only saved $40 but it seemed silly to just give that away.

Thanks all.

Sorry - should have come back to this. What I had to do was set up a second paypal account. As I'm in the UK, it defaulted to GBP but I was able to add a US$ section then request the US$ from my first paypal account. I then used the second one to complete the transaction with Shop Disney. Regardless of what I tried, I couldn't get the paypal interface on Shop Disney to pull the funds from my US$ balance on the first account, but am willing to admit that could be user error.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I was able to complete the process but it was cumbersome in the extreme. I only saved $40 but it seemed silly to just give that away.

Thanks all.
I only hold USD in my non US account, so buying anything in USD is not a problem as long as the shop accepts paypal. However I would like to be able to withdraw funds in USD and that's only fee free is you have a US paypal account.

Thanks all.
Not silly at all. Sure it's only $40, but I'm sure you need that money far more than PayPal does.

I had USD in my non-US PayPal account and just managed to purchase a Disney gift card on Shop Disney. I used only the USD balance. It stayed as a 'pending' order for 2 days then I received an email saying I had to contact them because it might take up to 72hrs (???). I replied saying I still wanted to use PayPal for a gift card and the order changed from 'pending' to 'processing'.
Another 24 hours later, I got another email saying I had to call using the phone number on file. Initially I kept getting 'leave a message, we'll call you back', on the fifth try I got through to someone, and within an hour the gift card email turned up.
All up it was 75 hours from order to delivery.

I had USD in my non-US PayPal account and just managed to purchase a Disney gift card on Shop Disney. I used only the USD balance. It stayed as a 'pending' order for 2 days then I received an email saying I had to contact them because it might take up to 72hrs (???). I replied saying I still wanted to use PayPal for a gift card and the order changed from 'pending' to 'processing'.
Another 24 hours later, I got another email saying I had to call using the phone number on file. Initially I kept getting 'leave a message, we'll call you back', on the fifth try I got through to someone, and within an hour the gift card email turned up.
All up it was 75 hours from order to delivery.
So you ordered from the US part of shop Disney?

reason for asking is that when I visit the US page I get a notification that due to tax laws they are unable to ship to UK and EU address.

a months or so back I tried to order a Disney gift card using my USD on PayPal but the order never processed and after 4 weeks the order was cancelled.

So you ordered from the US part of shop Disney?

reason for asking is that when I visit the US page I get a notification that due to tax laws they are unable to ship to UK and EU address.

a months or so back I tried to order a Disney gift card using my USD on PayPal but the order never processed and after 4 weeks the order was cancelled.

Whenever I order Disney gift cards in US$ from my PayPal account, which I pay towards my DVC dues I just use the the postal address for SSR, my home resort, as my US address.
It doesn't matter as they don't ship the e-gift card they email you the e-gift card anyway.

Whenever I order Disney gift cards in US$ from my PayPal account, which I pay towards my DVC dues I just use the the postal address for SSR, my home resort, as my US address.
It doesn't matter as they don't ship the e-gift card they email you the e-gift card anyway.
Thanks.
Have you ordered any recently? Just wondering if you are still able to?

Yes, I ordered a few a couple of months ago after I rented out some points.
I just use my UK phone number details and it accepts that okay.

If you're unsure, you can order a $25 e-gift card first to make sure it all goes okay, then you can order more if you need to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter