Have US$ in Paypal, need to pay DVC dues. How do I do it?

Just adding to this as I started the circuitous process again a couple of weeks ago. To clarify, am in the UK. I ordered a US$500 gift card from the US shop disney site. When it asked me to go to the UK page I just clicked the little grey X in the top corner of the pop up.

You need to make up a US address - I used our home resort - but the card is virtual and will be e-mailed.

However at some point there's a fraud prevention limit for paypal transactions. $500 was enough to trigger this. Anyway, after a week of hearing nothing, I went into the chat box, put in my order number & e-mail and it told me to call a 1-800 number in the US (use skype -it's free) This is the anti-fraud team who check you are who you claim and will process the order if they're happy. e-mail arrived a few hours later.

I was doing this last week and did not receive the e-gifcard after ordering. I just tried with a 50$ giftcard as I have never done this before so just wanted to know that it would go smoothly. It didn´t and the chat person was not helpfull and just asked me to call the guest services. They never mentioned about the fraud prevention thing. I didn´t fancy calling so just cancelled the order. I don´t understand why they make it so difficult for foreigners to buy the US giftcards. Why they need an address even buying an e-giftcard that doesn´t need to get posted ??

It's presumably because it's too easy to hack a paypal account. Then if the account holder disputes it, the paypal balance has become "like cash" in a disney card, which can be easily spent without trace. Disney is then deemed not to have acted responsibly so Paypal claw back the $500. My second order went through without the need for me to call but it would be far easier if DVC just accepted paypal payments. The fraud concerns would be removed as there's a complete audit trail for the money and could be clawed back if you'd done anything illegal as the DVC deeds sit there as a securing asset.

It's presumably because it's too easy to hack a paypal account. Then if the account holder disputes it, the paypal balance has become "like cash" in a disney card, which can be easily spent without trace. Disney is then deemed not to have acted responsibly so Paypal claw back the $500. My second order went through without the need for me to call but it would be far easier if DVC just accepted paypal payments. The fraud concerns would be removed as there's a complete audit trail for the money and could be clawed back if you'd done anything illegal as the DVC deeds sit there as a securing asset.
I tried last week and $50 and $250 went smoothly. Then I tried friday for a $500 giftcard and after a few hours I received an email stating that I needed to call. I tried calling multiple times but got a VM each time. I finally did a chat and was told that paypal could not verify my information and Disney had to cancel it. I was told by Disney to ensure that all the information I have in my billing section needs to match the information that Paypal have. So I re-ordred and ensured that my information matched and late last night I received my GC.

I tried last week and $50 and $250 went smoothly. Then I tried friday for a $500 giftcard and after a few hours I received an email stating that I needed to call. I tried calling multiple times but got a VM each time. I finally did a chat and was told that paypal could not verify my information and Disney had to cancel it. I was told by Disney to ensure that all the information I have in my billing section needs to match the information that Paypal have. So I re-ordred and ensured that my information matched and late last night I received my GC.
Pleased it worked out. Note the number I was e-mailed asking me to call was different from the one that popped up when I queried the order on the online chat tool. It was the latter one that I was able to get through on, the other just kept asking me to leave a voicemail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter