Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

I was so disappointed to hear that Red Rose stopped serving breakfast. I was looking forward to having their vegetable hash and planned on mobile ordering there our first park morning. This really cuts down on breakfast options in the park--Galactic Grill, Starbucks, Jolly Holiday, and Carnation Cafe are the only options (in Disneyland) I think?

Ronto Roasters in SWGE also has breakfast, though only two menu items and they may not appeal to everyone. Technically there is one more breakfast option as well- the character breakfast at Plaza Inn but reservations required and hard to come by. I do miss the better breakfast options they used have in both parks...

It's still worth it to check day of. For example, I am going today and tomorrow and just looked and could have booked Magic Key Terrace, Wine Country Trattiora on both days and could have booked a Princess Breakfast, Storyteller's and GCH Crafstman on one of the 2 days. I actually booked Magic Key for a minute and then after thinking about the food and drinks, said yuck and cancelled right away. Same with Wine Country - booked it for tomorrow, checked menu, decided I didn't want any of the food there and cancelled.

For future trips, does anyone know if they make good regular non-menu cocktails at Magic Key Terrace?

For my January trip I checked every night at 3am and all of the reservations were available. Blue Bayou goes FAST. If I signed on at 3:06 they were gone. Second hardest to get was Plaza Inn. Cafe Orleans and Riverbelle terrace were usually still there when I looked later in the day. But to be safe I'd be ready to get everything you want at 3am, and grab Blue Bayou first. Most things I wanted started at the 60 day mark, but when I was booking for our December trip some restaurants would come out closer to 45 days.

When do Oga's reservations show up? They had everything BUT that available this am at 3.

They have been showing up at 3 in the last couple of weeks, hmmm. Try again later or tomorrow 3 am?

Trader Sam’s released through January 15th, grabbed a late arrival time on the 14th and now we are waiting for the 16th. It may be another week before it opens. I’ll keep looking/watching.
Mike

There are alot of Oga's for the 24th and 25th, did you get any? I see afternoon and evening reservations available. 8am PST.

I logged in at 3am PST yesterday and today and have checked frequently both yesterday and today and nothing.

Plenty of times appear available for Oga's Cantina in Disneyland for January 24th and 25th. Party size doesn't seem to be a hindrance, either. I did have the glitch where if I selected "Lunch" nothing showed, but if I selected "11:30" then some availability popped up.

Just a heads up for anyone with allergy/vegetarian/any dietary restrictions: Blue Bayou is not accommodating anything right now. We ate there for our Thanksgiving meal in the parks and it was probably the worst Disney dining experience we've ever had. No vegetarian options at all and they wouldn't allow us to order sides of veggies/potatoes/etc. Server and the lead were really hateful about it... first time I've ever experienced that at Disneyland. Lead told me they don't have staff or enough food so they're not allowed to modify anything even for allergies or vegetarians.

We ended up just ordering a few kids meals to try and get some food without meat. They wouldn't even agree to leave the meat off any of the dinners either so it wouldn't be touching the other food which makes me think everything may have been pre-plated for Thanksgiving. Such a disappointing experience. Still no bread either and no refills on mint juleps.

Just a heads up- I'm usually super easy going about things but this was a bit much even for me. Every other dining experience was great though- Cafe Orleans was the best out of everywhere we ate so I recommend doing that instead!

Just a heads up for anyone with allergy/vegetarian/any dietary restrictions: Blue Bayou is not accommodating anything right now. We ate there for our Thanksgiving meal in the parks and it was probably the worst Disney dining experience we've ever had. No vegetarian options at all and they wouldn't allow us to order sides of veggies/potatoes/etc. Server and the lead were really hateful about it... first time I've ever experienced that at Disneyland. Lead told me they don't have staff or enough food so they're not allowed to modify anything even for allergies or vegetarians.

We ended up just ordering a few kids meals to try and get some food without meat. They wouldn't even agree to leave the meat off any of the dinners either so it wouldn't be touching the other food which makes me think everything may have been pre-plated for Thanksgiving. Such a disappointing experience. Still no bread either and no refills on mint juleps.

Just a heads up- I'm usually super easy going about things but this was a bit much even for me. Every other dining experience was great though- Cafe Orleans was the best out of everywhere we ate so I recommend doing that instead!
Gosh that is horrible. I’m so sorry to hear it. It’s really not acceptable honestly!

Just a heads up for anyone with allergy/vegetarian/any dietary restrictions: Blue Bayou is not accommodating anything right now. We ate there for our Thanksgiving meal in the parks and it was probably the worst Disney dining experience we've ever had. No vegetarian options at all and they wouldn't allow us to order sides of veggies/potatoes/etc. Server and the lead were really hateful about it... first time I've ever experienced that at Disneyland. Lead told me they don't have staff or enough food so they're not allowed to modify anything even for allergies or vegetarians...
Sorry that you had a negative experience. We were able to modify my meal on our last visit two weeks ago. Our server checked with the kitchen about my allergies, and my meal was adjusted accordingly. I knew the kitchen and waitstaff were limited, so I didn't ask for any major changes -- only that certain things be left out. CMs didn't appear to mind the request.
CCR has been good about accommodating my allergies recently. Trader Sam's, too.

Thank you for the heads up about Blue Bayou. I'll keep that in mind for the dietary restrictions in our party. We'll plan to order entrees where we can swap sides if we run into the same problem. Thankfully the allergies in our group shouldn't be a problem there.

Sorry about your terrible experience at Blue Bayou. Was this a special holiday menu? I thought they had a fully plant-based option on their menu now (Cauliflower dish).

Maybe I won't feel bad about not being able to get a ressie there for our trip in 60 days.

Just a heads up for anyone with allergy/vegetarian/any dietary restrictions: Blue Bayou is not accommodating anything right now. We ate there for our Thanksgiving meal in the parks and it was probably the worst Disney dining experience we've ever had.
It was likely due to the preplated Thanksgiving menu, but I wanted to ask if you put your special requests on the reservation when you made the reservation. Sometimes that works well for us. Other times, our server has no idea. We actually avoid any of the special holiday meals that look like they need to be altered. I just don't think that they can do it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter