Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Our server refused to ask the kitchen to do any modifications for us and I did it have it listed on our reservation. That was why I asked for the lead and he also refused to ask the kitchen. We were fine with anything meat free- not just what was on the Thanksgiving menu and were told no modifications allowed or side dishes ordered separately. So we bought four kids meals of mac and cheese and made do but wow- they were super rude about it. And I was extremely nice when I asked too, it was shocking. It was pretty upsetting honestly, the parks were so packed and we looked forward to having somewhere to sit down and eat. Oh well.

At Cafe Orleans we had no issues the previous day, they offered to do an adult sized mac and cheese for my son without us even asking. 🤷‍♀️

I got a survey about our dining experience on Thanksgiving and voiced my concerns. Blue Bayou always used to be so wonderful for vegetarians but not anymore.

I got a survey about our dining experience on Thanksgiving and voiced my concerns. Blue Bayou always used to be so wonderful for vegetarians but not anymore.
That's really frustrating. It seems like many of the servers are new and that is making service decline. The long time CMs really stand out because they instantly know to suggest and how to handle things. I got a survey about the park visit, but not about any dining for that day. Maybe because I didn't have a dining reservation on that day? At any rate, it's becoming less and less desirable to visit. In fact, this last time (we were there Thanksgiving and the next day), my adult daughter said that we don't even need to go to the parks anymore. She said all the fun and good times are staying at the hotel and doing hotel and downtown Disney stuff. We're seriously considering a non park overnight stay.

Our server refused to ask the kitchen to do any modifications for us and I did it have it listed on our reservation. That was why I asked for the lead and he also refused to ask the kitchen. We were fine with anything meat free- not just what was on the Thanksgiving menu and were told no modifications allowed or side dishes ordered separately. So we bought four kids meals of mac and cheese and made do but wow- they were super rude about it. And I was extremely nice when I asked too, it was shocking. It was pretty upsetting honestly, the parks were so packed and we looked forward to having somewhere to sit down and eat. Oh well.

At Cafe Orleans we had no issues the previous day, they offered to do an adult sized mac and cheese for my son without us even asking. 🤷‍♀️

That’s really disappointing. Especially on the allergy front. How they couldn’t take the time to make sure somebody was safe is beyond me.

We ate Thanksgiving at Wine Country Trattoria and had a completely different experience. They went above & beyond to make modifications, etc. So it sounds like it was a Blue Bayou staff problem and not a park policy.

So it sounds like it was a Blue Bayou staff problem and not a park policy.

I think you're right! We didn't have issues anywhere else. That was our only instance of rude CMs at restaurants- the others seemed normal as I remember pre-pandemic. Blue Bayou needs to get it together, especially with those prices. We'll wait awhile before we eat there again but thought I'd warn folks.

That is interesting about Blue Bayou! We've been there twice since the parks reopened and they've accommodated allergies both times (shellfish and tree nuts). They'll bring over an allergy menu, but that might be because I add it on the reservation and then notify again at check-in. We've never had a bad experience there (knock on wood), so it must be hit and miss.

How many people are you trying for? Are you searching by meal or time?

1 person. I've searched at 3am on the 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th and nothing. I search by time and have searched on the app and on the website. I've also searched various other times during the day.

1 person. I've searched at 3am on the 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th and nothing. I search by time and have searched on the app and on the website. I've also searched various other times during the day.
Have you tried searching for 2? Disney is weird about odd number groups sometimes. They also don't care if you show up with fewer than reserved as long as you check in. I just did a search. Definitely none for 1, but lots for 2. Looking every day that you mentioned at 6:30 For 2 has available times.

Have you tried searching for 2? Disney is weird about odd number groups sometimes. They also don't care if you show up with fewer than reserved as long as you check in. I just did a search. Definitely none for 1, but lots for 2. Looking every day that you mentioned at 6:30 For 2 has available times.

Thank you!!! I was able to get reservations. I was able to book a 1 person at GCH Bar and Plaza Inn, but I guess Oga's frowns upon drinking alone :rotfl2:

Thank you!!! I was able to get reservations. I was able to book a 1 person at GCH Bar and Plaza Inn, but I guess Oga's frowns upon drinking alone :rotfl2:
Haha, glad there's lots of times available for you to choose from after figuring out the issue. Looks like you might be going at a slow time, should be able to enjoy the park!

Not sure which restaurants hate the 1 person party, but if you don't find what you're looking for, just add a second person and that should get you what you need.

Enjoy your trip!

I’ve been able to get some of mine: Oga’s for two out of four of us (the biggest SW fans, so other two aren’t that bothered, tho they would like to try it), Jungle Cruise skipper canteen, Sanaa, Tusker House, Trail’s End. Still can’t get Sci fi drive in and Space 220.

I’ve been able to get some of mine: Oga’s for two out of four of us (the biggest SW fans, so other two aren’t that bothered, tho they would like to try it), Jungle Cruise skipper canteen, Sanaa, Tusker House, Trail’s End. Still can’t get Sci fi drive in and Space 220.

this is a thread for dining reservations for Disneyland California :)

I just canceled a parade viewing reservation for 12/23 for a party of 11 if anyone wants it. About to also cancel some 12/23 Riverbelle Terrace around 2:30 and 12/24 Carnation Cafe around 1:30. They are multiple groups to get our full 17 seated, so you should see some availability pop up shortly if it actually works that way. Good luck!

Just a heads up for anyone with allergy/vegetarian/any dietary restrictions: Blue Bayou is not accommodating anything right now. We ate there for our Thanksgiving meal in the parks and it was probably the worst Disney dining experience we've ever had. No vegetarian options at all and they wouldn't allow us to order sides of veggies/potatoes/etc. Server and the lead were really hateful about it... first time I've ever experienced that at Disneyland. Lead told me they don't have staff or enough food so they're not allowed to modify anything even for allergies or vegetarians.

We ended up just ordering a few kids meals to try and get some food without meat. They wouldn't even agree to leave the meat off any of the dinners either so it wouldn't be touching the other food which makes me think everything may have been pre-plated for Thanksgiving. Such a disappointing experience. Still no bread either and no refills on mint juleps.

Just a heads up- I'm usually super easy going about things but this was a bit much even for me. Every other dining experience was great though- Cafe Orleans was the best out of everywhere we ate so I recommend doing that instead!

Thank you for the heads up and for sharing your experience. I am vegetarian too and have a reservation there next week. I am really looking forward to trying their cauliflower entree--I take it because it was Thanksgiving that it wasn't an option on that day? This definitely makes me hesitant to want to book any specialty menu meals with them, I sure hope it will be fine with their regular menu...

Did you try that mushroom risotto at Cafe Orleans? I have a reservation there too and plan on trying it.

Thank you for the heads up and for sharing your experience. I am vegetarian too and have a reservation there next week. I am really looking forward to trying their cauliflower entree--I take it because it was Thanksgiving that it wasn't an option on that day? This definitely makes me hesitant to want to book any specialty menu meals with them, I sure hope it will be fine with their regular menu...

Did you try that mushroom risotto at Cafe Orleans? I have a reservation there too and plan on trying it.

It was not listed on the menu nor offered when I asked about options. I'm guessing it was because of Thanksgiving!

I love Cafe Orleans! I'm not a big mushroom fan (which usually eliminates half your options if you're a vegetarian eating out!) but I usually get the three cheese monte cristo there.

I'm so sorry to read about your experience. I recently came back (a couple of weeks ago), and also had the WORST experience ever on our trips. Also at Blue Bayou. And centered around allergies, which I listed on my reservation, and discussed with my server. It was HORRIBLE. What was supposed to be a special 20th anniversary dinner for us, resulted in my eating at McDonald's after we left the park.

I sure hope they improve. The word of mouth reviews are going to hurt them, imo.

It was not listed on the menu nor offered when I asked about options. I'm guessing it was because of Thanksgiving!

I love Cafe Orleans! I'm not a big mushroom fan (which usually eliminates half your options if you're a vegetarian eating out!) but I usually get the three cheese monte cristo there.
Haha I hear you--I hate olives and I've found that olives are in a lot of vegetarian foods (probably since they're so flavorful). Oh yum that's right, they have a just cheese version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter