HARD ROCK HOTEL INFO, FAQ and more........

Hi - we are staying at Portofino and have reservations for dinner at The Kitchen. I'm drawing a blank on how to walk from Portofino to Hard Rock and be at front entrance. There are 8 of us and 2 in ECVs. Thanks!
I don’t think the PB boat stops at HHR. You would have to go to Citywalk and switch to the HRH boat unless it has changed.
There is walking path. I don’t know how far it is. It looks like 20 minutes max.

Touringplan has mapped out the average walking times for all the hotels for us: Walking Times. My understanding though is that you might be able to shorten the walking time to Citywalk (and possibly to HRH) by walking through HRH's parking lot rather than taking the walking path. But I've not done that and so maybe someone else can chime in if they've done that and know if it really shortens the walk or not.

Touringplan has mapped out the average walking times for all the hotels for us: Walking Times. My understanding though is that you might be able to shorten the walking time to Citywalk (and possibly to HRH) by walking through HRH's parking lot rather than taking the walking path. But I've not done that and so maybe someone else can chime in if they've done that and know if it really shortens the walk or not.
Thank you!!!

We will be at the HRH mid July and have a breakfast reservation at the Kitchen on a Friday. Does anyone know if the buffet is currently available on Fridays? TIA!
I'd love to know this too (also going mid-July). I thought I'd read somewhere that the breakfast buffet is only on weekends, but the Universal website doesn't say what days or hours for that. Is it even a thing right now? Was wondering if they serve behind plexiglass and all that too.

I'd love to know this too (also going mid-July). I thought I'd read somewhere that the breakfast buffet is only on weekends, but the Universal website doesn't say what days or hours for that. Is it even a thing right now? Was wondering if they serve behind plexiglass and all that too.

Looks like it is not back yet:
Screenshot_20210627-184805_Chrome.jpg

You know what - I wonder if the buffet IS open. The website does list a buffet, just not the special Sunday buffet. The special Sunday buffet is what I looked for originally. When I did my Google search, it took me to a Universal/Hard Rock/The Kitchen site but maybe they don't have it linked on purpose because they updated the info?

Maybe calling would be the best way to make sure?

You know what - I wonder if the buffet IS open. The website does list a buffet, just not the special Sunday buffet. The special Sunday buffet is what I looked for originally. When I did my Google search, it took me to a Universal/Hard Rock/The Kitchen site but maybe they don't have it linked on purpose because they updated the info?

Maybe calling would be the best way to make sure?
Thank you so much for the link! I see what you mean. I’ll try to find the number and give them a call. I’ll post if I find out anything new. Thanks so much for the additional info!

We will be at the HRH mid July and have a breakfast reservation at the Kitchen on a Friday. Does anyone know if the buffet is currently available on Fridays? TIA!

Not sure if the buffet is only offered on certain days, but we stayed at HRH for a few nights Memorial Day week and the buffet was available when we were there for breakfast on Wednesday 6/2. No self service as they had servers to fill your plate with what you wanted, but the buffet was available.

Not sure if the buffet is only offered on certain days, but we stayed at HRH for a few nights Memorial Day week and the buffet was available when we were there for breakfast on Wednesday 6/2. No self service as they had servers to fill your plate with what you wanted, but the buffet was available.
Thank you mickeynut1!!

Has anyone had breakfast at the kitchen lately? I see on the app the have the buffet listed for breakfast. This wasn’t available last time we were there. Has it started back up or is the app just out of date? I don’t remember seeing it on there last time I looked.

Thank you mickeynut1!!

You're welcome :goodvibes

Has anyone had breakfast at the kitchen lately? I see on the app the have the buffet listed for breakfast. This wasn’t available last time we were there. Has it started back up or is the app just out of date? I don’t remember seeing it on there last time I looked.

We had breakfast there the beginning of June, on Wed 6/2. We ordered off the menu, but the buffet was available. It wasn't self serve as someone had to fill your plate with what you wanted, but it was set up in normal buffet style.

Does anyone know if movies are currently being shown on the pool deck? TIA!
ETA: Also, is there musical entertainment on the pool deck? We just loved lit last time we stayed.

Five minute walk and security is fast and on the walking path. Boats aren’t as fast but if you get there right when one is arriving it’s a pleasant ride.

So I don't have to go through Citywalk security to get into the parks? I see advice for other resorts to walk or take a boat in order to avoid security at Citywalk, but I guess that doesn't apply to HRH? What about going out through the pool exit? Or was that only for when they were doing the temperature checks? We can just walk out, walk over to either park along a path of some sort, and then go through a quick regular security check during our walk there? If we wanted to take a boat, would we see it as we're getting ready to walk over, or would we have to go a different way to catch the boat? Thanks!

For HRH, you'll either go thru a small security check at the boat dock itself before boarding the boat OR a small security check point at the end of the walking path literally just outside the entrance to USO - that's it, no walking thru Citywalk :).

Sorry I haven’t been able to read through the thread. Last minute trip and 1st stay. We are wondering about grocery delivery. How does it work at this hotel? This would be our 1st time doing this also. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter