HARD ROCK HOTEL INFO, FAQ and more........

Thinking of booking standard room for two nights in August. Is there a specific area I should request? Are these rooms decent or will I be facing the dumpsters?

Thinking of booking standard room for two nights in August. Is there a specific area I should request? Are these rooms decent or will I be facing the dumpsters?
I would ask for higher floors and that's it. There are no balconies, just a glass window that may or may not open.

We had a standard room, and I thought our view was nice. We looked out the back of the hotel and could see the lawn and the river. Maybe we were unknowingly upgraded or something, but it definitely wasn't a dumpster.

Anyone been recently and stayed club level? Going mid-may and am hoping that the club moves back to the 7th floor. Hot tubs being open would be a nice perk as well.

Bumping your post as we just booked a few nights CL for the end of May. Along with wanting to know the location of the lounge, I'm curious as to what the offerings are throughout the day as well. This will be our first time staying at HRH (or any Universal resort, for that matter), so if anyone has any opinions, tips, etc they want to share, that would be great as well. TIA :flower3:

I have a question about the Deluxe 2-Queen rooms. The description states that they have two queens and a sofa-sleeper but then it states, "sleeps 5 with a rollaway." If the room already has two queens and a sofa sleeper then wouldn't it already sleep five without a rollaway? Or am I missing something?

Right I understand that, it's just to me the verbiage seemed to imply that in order to sleep five the rollaway was required. For our situation (mostly kids and have two rooms booked anyway), the 2 queens and sofa-bed will be just fine. Thanks for clarifying.

I’ve slept on the sofa bed at HR before but had to get extra bedding to make it more comfortable for me

Thanks for the tip! Although I think we won't need the rollaway and will just use the sofa-bed. I can imagine what to expect with those.

Anyone been recently and stayed club level? Going mid-may and am hoping that the club moves back to the 7th floor. Hot tubs being open would be a nice perk as well.
I've been wondering the same thing. Check out recent reviews on TripAdvisor-- I've seen there that it's back on the 7th floor, and people have written about what food is being offered. I have HRH and PB club level reserved and I'm trying to decide which reservation to keep and which to cancel!

Just got back Saturday after staying a week club level at Hard Rock. Yes, the lounge is back on the 7th floor. Food offerings were as follows: Chicken Wings, Mac N Cheese, Turkey Tea Sandwiches and Veggies w/ hummus....next day was Spring Rolls, Chicken Skewers, California Rolls and Veggies w/ hummus....next day was Empanadas, Chips n Salsa, Veggie/Cheese rollups and Veggies w/ hummus. These were the rotations in the evening. Mornings were assorted pastries, donuts, bagels, cereals, yogurt parfaits, fruit etc. Midday was uncrustables, chips, granola bars, bags of famous Amos choc chip cookies. Of course the nighttime snacks were a variety of mini dessert. We had a great time as always! The RR team is so attentive.

Just got back Saturday after staying a week club level at Hard Rock. Yes, the lounge is back on the 7th floor. Food offerings were as follows: Chicken Wings, Mac N Cheese, Turkey Tea Sandwiches and Veggies w/ hummus....next day was Spring Rolls, Chicken Skewers, California Rolls and Veggies w/ hummus....next day was Empanadas, Chips n Salsa, Veggie/Cheese rollups and Veggies w/ hummus. These were the rotations in the evening. Mornings were assorted pastries, donuts, bagels, cereals, yogurt parfaits, fruit etc. Midday was uncrustables, chips, granola bars, bags of famous Amos choc chip cookies. Of course the nighttime snacks were a variety of mini dessert. We had a great time as always! The RR team is so attentive.

Thanks for this! Glad you had a great time. We are looking forward to our first Universal/HRH CL stay coming up in a few weeks :).

Just booked a 7 night stay at the Hard Rock in the Future Rock Star Suite! Our girls (10, 12) have never been to Universal but have been to WDW many times and we are hoping to keep this a surprise. First choice was Royal Pacific in the Jurassic World rooms, but that is not available. We know it will be hot and muggy in August, but we live just north of Houston so we are used to hot muggy weather in the summer and hurricane threat…

Thank you so much for the update! We are staying Club Level at HRH in June, checking in 3 weeks from today!! So glad to hear about all of the CL offerings, it will be our first time on the 7th floor, splurging for the triplets' high school graduation trip! Glad you had a great time.

Do you happen to have the club concierge email? I need to reach out for a food allergy. I sent an email to the main hotel account a week ago and haven’t heard back. I can’t seem to figure out how to contact the club concierge. Just thought I’d check. :)

We just upgraded our upcoming stay partially for June. We are staying at Dockside at the beginning of our stay and then switching over to Hard Rock the last part. We are so excited and thought since the velocicoaster would be opening soon after we leave the parks are getting busier and the express passes will come in handy. I can't wait to stay SO close to the parks!

Thanks for posting! We are going for a brief visit and thinking the adults will spend most of the time at the resort while the teens go to the parks. Never done club level at Universal before, but that is what was available this time, and I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you for the update! We check in on the 15th and can’t wait to get back to the 7th floor. We were last there in December when they still had the ballrooms and the fully pre-packaged foods for each meal.

Would you mind sharing how food service is being handled (as in, is it back to self-serve or are the attendants still in charge of handing out the food) and how is the distancing in the lounge? Thank you, and I’m glad you had a great trip!

Was it buffet style?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter