HARD ROCK HOTEL INFO, FAQ and more........

Would you mind sharing how food service is being handled (as in, is it back to self-serve or are the attendants still in charge of handing out the food) and how is the distancing in the lounge?

Was it buffet style?

I'm not the OP, but we just returned last week from a quick 2 night stay. The buffet-style area that guests would normally walk through to serve themselves was blocked off with CMs serving guests from behind plexiglass. Pop/water/juice was stocked in the fridge and was available self serve all day/evening. The afternoon snacks consisted of small bags of chips, pretzels, etc that were just sitting out for guests to take. There were quite a few tables in the lounge that seemed to be spaced somewhat apart, but this was our first time staying at HRH so I don't know what the usual set up was prior to changes from last year.

I'm not the OP, but we just returned last week from a quick 2 night stay. The buffet-style area that guests would normally walk through to serve themselves was blocked off with CMs serving guests from behind plexiglass. Pop/water/juice was stocked in the fridge and was available self serve all day/evening. The afternoon snacks consisted of small bags of chips, pretzels, etc that were just sitting out for guests to take. There were quite a few tables in the lounge that seemed to be spaced somewhat apart, but this was our first time staying at HRH so I don't know what the usual set up was prior to changes from last year.
Thanks

Just wanted to stop in and post a review for our recent 4 night stay at HRH. It was our first stay, so we really didn't know what to expect, but we had an amazing time! We did a split stay so we checked in fairly early about 10 am in hopes we might get a room, but if not we were going to eat lunch and just chill around the hotel. After the late night at the meetup, we were really hoping for the room- we lucked up, the room was ready and we had lunch by 11 and naps soon after! The beds were cushy and soft without being too soft. We liked that there were 4 chairs to sit in if needed, plus a nice size desk/table area to sit and work or eat at and another small table between the other 2 chairs. We had a water/garden view, so that was neat, we could see the water taxis going by. All the TM's were amazing and friendly. We had no issues with texting for info or housekeeping needs. They were very responsive no matter the issue (not that we had any) just generally speaking. Our downside was the size/angle of the bathroom. Why they needed to produce this odd shape is beyond me lol but you have to step into the bathroom a certain way in order to close the door. Like the toilet is REALLY.CLOSE to the door lol. Other than that no issues - tastefully decorated and we really enjoyed it.
We walked several times either to or from the parks - very short and mostly shady so not even really that hot. We took the water taxi both ways -we had some great captains that made it fun. The express passes were great the second part of our trip, made many rides nearly walk on, even when the wait was 45 plus mins. If we waited 10 mins or more for anything (other than big coasters) I would be surprised. All in all we would def stay here again. We have an upcoming stay at Royal Pacific in November, so I am curious to see the difference in the two!

Oh and we at several times at the Emack and Bolios and enjoyed all the food items we had, from wraps to sandwiches to pizza and snacks! We are glad they were open so early and so late!

Any questions let me know!

Just wanted to stop in and post a review for our recent 4 night stay at HRH. It was our first stay, so we really didn't know what to expect, but we had an amazing time! We did a split stay so we checked in fairly early about 10 am in hopes we might get a room, but if not we were going to eat lunch and just chill around the hotel. After the late night at the meetup, we were really hoping for the room- we lucked up, the room was ready and we had lunch by 11 and naps soon after! The beds were cushy and soft without being too soft. We liked that there were 4 chairs to sit in if needed, plus a nice size desk/table area to sit and work or eat at and another small table between the other 2 chairs. We had a water/garden view, so that was neat, we could see the water taxis going by. All the TM's were amazing and friendly. We had no issues with texting for info or housekeeping needs. They were very responsive no matter the issue (not that we had any) just generally speaking. Our downside was the size/angle of the bathroom. Why they needed to produce this odd shape is beyond me lol but you have to step into the bathroom a certain way in order to close the door. Like the toilet is REALLY.CLOSE to the door lol. Other than that no issues - tastefully decorated and we really enjoyed it.
We walked several times either to or from the parks - very short and mostly shady so not even really that hot. We took the water taxi both ways -we had some great captains that made it fun. The express passes were great the second part of our trip, made many rides nearly walk on, even when the wait was 45 plus mins. If we waited 10 mins or more for anything (other than big coasters) I would be surprised. All in all we would def stay here again. We have an upcoming stay at Royal Pacific in November, so I am curious to see the difference in the two!

Oh and we at several times at the Emack and Bolios and enjoyed all the food items we had, from wraps to sandwiches to pizza and snacks! We are glad they were open so early and so late!

Thanks for such a good review.

Glad you had such a lovely trip, it did sound a lot of fun, and we always love folks coming back to tell us how good the hotel was and how much fun you had at the parks.

I think many have the same comment about the bathroom too.

Thanks again....... :thumbsup2

Thanks for your review. We had our first stay at HRH over Memorial Day. We had a great time as well and will definitely be back. Totally agree about the bathroom door/toilet. Other than that, we found everything else to be great. The vanity outside the bathroom was nice as the vanity top had plenty of space. Usually 1 sink vanities aren't all that big, but this one had plenty of space around the sink to put toiletries. Glad you had a nice time. Hope you enjoy your stay at RP in November.

Does HRH offer late checkout and has anyone been able to use this recently? I have seen other hotels have not offered it during the pandemic.

Here now. Check-in was a breeze. Picked up our passes across from check in.

Club level hopping (nearly all tables full at 5:15pm) but awesome. They were fantastic with gluten free at dinner. Regular dinner offerings/trays tonight was giant meatballs, pasta salad, meat and cheese and fruit, and hummus with celery and carrots. We tried all but the pasta, was great.

Last edited:
We will be at the HRH mid July and have a breakfast reservation at the Kitchen on a Friday. Does anyone know if the buffet is currently available on Fridays? TIA!

Does HRH offer late checkout and has anyone been able to use this recently? I have seen other hotels have not offered it during the pandemic.

I am checking out today. I called this morning and was offered one hour additional hour (so noon).

I’d asked yesterday and was told it was on a case by case basis depending on check-ins that day, and to call at 7am the day of check out to see if it would be possible.

Just want to say that room service, the pool bar (beach club), velvet bar, and club level were excellent about gluten-free offerings, if that helps anyone. For club level, they had an offering for my kid ready each day for breakfast, evening appetizers, and dessert. The pool bar made their nachos in a separate fryer, and the velvet bar made a pizza on GF dough.

We did not eat at the Kitchen or the quick service place so I can’t comment on that.

I'd love to hear an update about security checks and walking vs boats. I'm a complete newby to Universal, so would appreciate any advice about getting to the parks from HRH.

Five minute walk and security is fast and on the walking path. Boats aren’t as fast but if you get there right when one is arriving it’s a pleasant ride.

Hi - we are staying at Portofino and have reservations for dinner at The Kitchen. I'm drawing a blank on how to walk from Portofino to Hard Rock and be at front entrance. There are 8 of us and 2 in ECVs. Thanks!

Skip the front entrance unless you drive. Take the water taxi from PBH to HRH, walk along the side of the Woodstock lawn, enter the hotel through the back entrance and you're on the same level as the Kitchen. Go out through the door to the left of Emack & Bolio's and the Kitchen is right there. The walking path will also lead you this way, but it's longer.

Skip the front entrance unless you drive. Take the water taxi from PBH to HRH, walk along the side of the Woodstock lawn, enter the hotel through the back entrance and you're on the same level as the Kitchen. Go out through the door to the left of Emack & Bolio's and the Kitchen is right there. The walking path will also lead you this way, but it's longer.
Thank you - do we need a valid hotel key for Hard Rock to get in?

Ooh, I forgot about that, but honestly there should be plenty of people going in through that entrance, especially with the water taxis so near, plus the smoking section is there. Someone would most likely get the door for you while your big party goes in. There isn't anyone monitoring the door for security at dinner time.

Ooh, I forgot about that, but honestly there should be plenty of people going in through that entrance, especially with the water taxis so near, plus the smoking section is there. Someone would most likely get the door for you while your big party goes in. There isn't anyone monitoring the door for security at dinner time.
I'm worried about getting 8 of us over there and not being able to get in. Hoping someone will post the walking path for me to the front entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!