HARD ROCK HOTEL INFO, FAQ and more........

If you are a Hard Rick rewards member, pay attention to the sign that says rewards check in. Long line to check in or out in main line, but only had to wait for one party before me at the rewards checkin. Score.
Thanks - looks like I may be staying for a night or two at HRH unless unless something else opens at RPR.
Do they do anything else for you - I see they mention an amenity - I really miss Lowes First with he Welcome amenity and room upgrades

Nope you only get points, as far as I know Tony. Though last year I got a free night as was given an email about it, and had to show that email and reward number to get it. But they did honor it. Saw nothing about such a deal this year, so far. But hey, was not complaining about the AP rate I booked at.

I don’t see why not, Dory. I booked the room on Universal, getting that AP rate. I just showed her my rewards number. And she said I should see my points in a week or so after I checkout.
Thanks! Depending on what the lines are at at check in for our Christmas stay, I may use the Rewards line :)

newbie questions..........I've booked, of course paid the deposit..........but, I don't see a deadline to pay the balance. I'm assuming you don't pay until you get there. Is this correct??? TIA!!

Also...if I purchase Annual Passes before going.......can I pick up my card at HRH? or do that ar the parks?

newbie questions..........I've booked, of course paid the deposit..........but, I don't see a deadline to pay the balance. I'm assuming you don't pay until you get there. Is this correct??? TIA!!

Also...if I purchase Annual Passes before going.......can I pick up my card at HRH? or do that ar the parks?
Yeah you pay at the end of stay
You can get the AP at the hotel typically

I just booked a standard pool cabana for one day of our stay next month. Has anyone rented one this summer that could tell me a little on what to expect? Are the beach ones a lot better or is it just a location thing? We are booked in cabana #2 which is close to the bar and restrooms. The only thing I know is that they provide 12 soft drinks and 4 waters. I would love any info you would be willing to share. Thanks!

A few questions that I hope weren’t already answered. I did try to look through the thread but there is a lot! We are booked in a standard garden view
- I assume there are blow dryers? Are they fairly decent ones?
- are there magnifying mirrors in all rooms? I saw some in pics but wasn’t sure if they are in all.
- check in procedure if driving. Is there a parking lot for check in or just the driveway until you’re check in?
- is there a freezer compartment in the fridge? My daughter will need to ice her knees and I don’t know if we should bring her ice pack or just use the ice from the machines.
Thank you for any help. We leave in 9 days!

A few questions that I hope weren’t already answered. I did try to look through the thread but there is a lot! We are booked in a standard garden view
- I assume there are blow dryers? Are they fairly decent ones?
- are there magnifying mirrors in all rooms? I saw some in pics but wasn’t sure if they are in all.
- check in procedure if driving. Is there a parking lot for check in or just the driveway until you’re check in?
- is there a freezer compartment in the fridge? My daughter will need to ice her knees and I don’t know if we should bring her ice pack or just use the ice from the machines.
Thank you for any help. We leave in 9 days!

No freezer compartment in fridge unless you have one of the larger suites.

Blow dryers are decent.

All rooms have magnifying mirrors.

You can pull up to check in, they may ask for the keys in case they need to move your car as you check in.

Hope you have a lovely stay at UOR.

Blow dryers are decent.

You can pull up to check in, they may ask for the keys in case they need to move your car as you check in.

Thank you!

We like to think we caused them to take your keys ;)

We stayed at Portofino a few yeas ago for the first time, we got there early in the morning and left the car in the porte cochere, checked in, dropped our bags, got our park passes, took the pictures for the EP (it was the older system with the paper EPs with photos) and we saw the sign for the water taxi. We were so excited to get to the park, we totally forgot about our car.

We made it to US for early entry. A few hours later, I think it was around 10:30, we stopped to take a break and my phone rang. I figured it was the hotel saying our room was ready... instead, they said, "Do you own a Toyota Highlander?" Ha!

We hurried back to the hotel and the attendants out front laughed as I apologized and moved the car. We went to check in and the desk agents were all like, "Ahhh, there you are!" lol

They said they had to watch the security tapes back to see what time the car was left, then checked the records to see who checked in at that time to figure out it was us. We were so thankful they didn't tow us; which we wouldn't have blamed them if they did.

Every trip since then, at the 3 premier hotels, they've taken our keys. lol

You can pick up your AP at the hotel IF you are paid in full. If you are on monthly payments, you have to pick it up at guest services at the parks

We like to think we caused them to take your keys ;)

We stayed at Portofino a few yeas ago for the first time, we got there early in the morning and left the car in the porte cochere, checked in, dropped our bags, got our park passes, took the pictures for the EP (it was the older system with the paper EPs with photos) and we saw the sign for the water taxi. We were so excited to get to the park, we totally forgot about our car.

We made it to US for early entry. A few hours later, I think it was around 10:30, we stopped to take a break and my phone rang. I figured it was the hotel saying our room was ready... instead, they said, "Do you own a Toyota Highlander?" Ha!

We hurried back to the hotel and the attendants out front laughed as I apologized and moved the car. We went to check in and the desk agents were all like, "Ahhh, there you are!" lol

They said they had to watch the security tapes back to see what time the car was left, then checked the records to see who checked in at that time to figure out it was us. We were so thankful they didn't tow us; which we wouldn't have blamed them if they did.

Every trip since then, at the 3 premier hotels, they've taken our keys. lol

lol....that is brilliant!!

Yes, I`m glad they never towed you......but that is so funny you just forgot the car was there.......:rotfl:

Jolene, I did not rent a cabana, but I’ve have been in one before, as a friend rented one. They all seem nice, and being near bar can be noisy, as the music and games are at the bar. But being convenient to the rest rooms would be good.

You have it for the whole day the pool is open, and can order food they will bring to your cabana.

Having a shaded place to enjoy, chairs and table and a small refrigerator, as well as a tv. Seems like a great place to enjoy if you are having a pool day.

Jolene, I did not rent a cabana, but I’ve have been in one before, as a friend rented one. They all seem nice, and being near bar can be noisy, as the music and games are at the bar. But being convenient to the rest rooms would be good.

You have it for the whole day the pool is open, and can order food they will bring to your cabana.

Having a shaded place to enjoy, chairs and table and a small refrigerator, as well as a tv. Seems like a great place to enjoy if you are having a pool day.
Thanks for sharing this info. We don't mind the noise. We rented the cabana for the day we arrive so we will have a place to go if our room isn't ready. We'll be getting there around noon. We are huge college football fans so we wanted to also have access to a TV to watch some of the games that day. We have already been to Universal twice this summer so we thought skipping a day in the parks to hang at the pool for the day would be fun.

Does anyone know if they are still doing the loaner guitar program?
I am responding to my own question because it was hard to find any info on the guitar loaner program before we arrived.

HR guests can choose from about 20 different Fender guitars. They give you a very small amp that only works with headphones and they have to be the traditional plug style headphones. They have ones you can use but they aren’t great quality (think airplane headphones). You can swap it out and try different ones. It is free, but they put a $1,000 hold on your credit card in case of damage.

My brother has used the guitar loaner program twice and really enjoyed it as he plays daily. The first time, he had an issue with the guitar being in poor tune, probably needing new strings and there was an issue with the bridge I think and he brought it back to the front desk and they exchanged it for a different guitar. The second time, no issues.

Blow dryers are decent.

Freezer suggestion: bring a small cooler with your packs and fill it with ice in am and pm. Should stay pretty cold...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter