Happiest Pin Celebration on Earth

saddison

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone going to the Happiest Pin Celebration on Earth would be able to pick up a few pins for me. I was planning on going but decided to change plas to take my SO to WDW for her birthday (she has been hinting around so I thought it would be a nice surprise). If anyone could help me out please PM or e-mail me so we can work out the details. Thanks in advance.

Sean

I'm afraid that nobody could just "be able to pick up a few pins for me" at the event. I currently have my first 16 choices on my RSP. If I were to offer to get pins for you the best I could offer would be a 17th round pick, which means that more than likely any pin with an edition size less than 1,000 would probably be unavailable. Also any pin I already have listed on my first RSP would have to go on the second. I would suggest you read the FAQ on the event as well as the FAQ on the working of the RSP, both can be accessed at the event site.

An option to consider would be to sponser somebody. For this you would pay the registration fee and control the submission of the RSP. You would also receive any gifts (other than food) given out at the event, as well as anything won in games. The person you sponser will get the food and, if they want, the opportunity to do their own pin trading. Often you might be able to find a couple or family where only one of the group is into pin collecting and they would still like for another person to bbe able o come with them but not want to pay their entry fee.

Chesire

Thank you for the information that you posted above. I guess I should have "looked before I leaped". I'm new to pin trading and I guess I didn't realize all that went into one of these events.

I do have one question though. I don't really understand the RSP / Multiple RSP deal. Let's say I want only 5 pins, I fill out my RSP and magically get all 5 of the ones I want. If I submit further RSPs to guarantee I get my choices am I stuck buying what is on my additional RSPs?

Thanks in advance. You have alerady been a great help.

Sean

If you get all 5 of the pins that you want on your first RSP you can "return" the ones on your 2nd and 3rd RSP before final purchase (that is if you don't want the duplicate pins for traders.)

Suzi

A pin is "selected" on the 2nd RSP only after everyone who has asked for a pin on the 1st RSP has received on and there are still pins left over. You would fill in the 2nd RSP only if you want more than one of a particular pin.

I hope this makes sense.

I see thank you again for your help. One more question though. Will you find out in advance what pins on your RSP you will be recieving or do you have to wait until the event? Sorry for asking so many questions. Thanks in advance.

Sean

They will let you know, usually within two weeks, of what you will be buying. You can make downward adjustments at that time. This is normally done by families with multiple registrants.

For example, if you wanted Item 63, the Jumbo Framed Pin Set which is an edition size of 12 and sells for $500, you might have everyone in your group list it. Let's say two people in your family won it but you really wanted only one. You could call (or fax or e-mail) Event Services to cancel one of the sets. The cancelled set would then be available for the 3rd RSP, which is turned in during the event.

As far as "asking so many questions" you are learning. I used to have a slide that I would use at the beginning of classes that I taught:

DEFINITIONS:

Ignorance - Lack of knowledge. (This is cureable)
Stupidity - Ignorance coupled with an unwillingness to learn. (Many people consider this to be a capital crime.)
Stupid Question - A question which you do not ask because you are afraid it will show ignorance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!