Guess what I just did

GailT

<font color=blue>I'm ba-ack!!!!<br><font color=mag
Cancelled my trip to DL and Vegas....I just wasn't into it anymore because of the flying part....so call me a baby, call me chicken ****, well that I am and I allowed the bad people to do that to me. :scared: thank you all that help me plan the trip that I am now not going on, I'll remember all that incase I choose to fly again

You know what, if you aren't going to have fun it isn't worth it. The entire point of Disneyland is to have a great time and not worry about if world events are going to hit really close to home the entire time. The terrorists don't care where you spend your money; they are trying to affect votes not dollars. So I personally don't see this as the terrorists "winning". Terrorists win when they swing an election like they did after the Spain subway bombing. It's not like they'd know you cancelled your trip anyways :confused3 .

Don't feel bad, I don't fly either. Not just because of the world events, but because I've always been scared to fly. The one time that I did we hit a ton of turbulence, felt like a roller coaster, and I've refused to do it ever since. Everything else that's going on just kinda adds to it.

So we always drive to DL, which is why we haven't gone to WDW yet! Too far to drive, and no one is getting me on a plane!

I would love to drive to Disneyland but it would take me at least a week to get there. And Almost that to get home so not much time in Disneyland. I need my Disney time.

I don't blame you...I was scheduled to take dh to Disneyland for his birthday, just the two of us, on September 21, 2001.

I was way too stressed to even think about going. not just the fear of flying, but I wanted to be near my family.

julia

Well, it just did not feel right to you to go now. I see, though, you will be going in December!!!! Or is THAT when you are cancelling and just have not removed your signature.......

GailT said:
Cancelled my trip to DL and Vegas....I just wasn't into it anymore because of the flying part....so call me a baby, call me chicken ****, well that I am and I allowed the bad people to do that to me. :scared: thank you all that help me plan the trip that I am now not going on, I'll remember all that incase I choose to fly again

Ahhh, that's too bad....but if it's the Christmas DL trip that you're cancelling, you still have time to change your mind. Things change over time and you may start to feel more comfortable later.

I tell you....I've stopped watching the news lately. I'm not a nervous flyer, never was but watching the news these past few days was making me into one. So...off went the television unless they were talking about what I could bring onto a plane.

Now I just get scared watching the lunatics passing me on the road on their way to work....now THAT's petrifying! :drive: :scared1:

Don't feel bad. We are now driving to Disneyland in Nov and to LA in Dec for another trip we were taking. I have no intentions of even flying to LA (which is only an hour flight for us) until at minimum February and maybe even not then. I am just glad our next Disneyworld trip isn't till Nov of 08 cuz I would be a little nervous to fly right now too.

Dh and I had a trip to New York planned for the end of Sept but I had cancelled it already due to finances but now I am glad I am not going cuz I admit I would not have felt comfortable going to New York flight or not. Too much going on.

I WILL fly another day but for now I am glad I have no trips planned that I can't drive to.

It is all about you being on vacation and having fun, so if the flying part affects you that much then you've made the right decision. I totally understand not wanting to fly right now. My tickets are non-refundable or I'd probably do the same thing as you. It's not that I'm afraid that something will happen, it's more that I HATE flying and the thought of having to spend even more hours at the airport and on the plane takes a lot of fun out of the trip for me. I called to try to change the airport from LAX to SNL, but the airlines wouldn't do it without penalty. Oh well, hopefully everything will settle down in the next few weeks.
I hope that you do make it to Disneyland soon.

I can't say that I blame you right now. I'm so sorry you're going to be missing your vacation, though. Hopefully, you will feel more comfortable about flying in the near future. Not sure I would have been able to fly there, either. We drive to Disneyland because we're driving to Northern CA to visit our families anyway. We drive twelve hours to N.CA in one day, then another eight hours when we go down to Disneyland. Right now, due to fear and cost, I'd rather drive that far than fly!

I am a nervous flyer and I'm glad we flew back to London from LA when we did (19th July), but these people will not stop me enjoying the sunshine and visiting other countries, so as you can see from my countdown, we are off to Sharm El Sheik in November.
I always say,when you're numbers up, it's up, no matter where you are!!!
Love Ella

As much as we dislike the recent events, I believe they will affect the travel plans of many.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter