Guardians Will Open with VQ and ILL

For at least the morning VQ drop (assuming that there will be two drops), yes. Possibly also for the afternoon drop, if applicable, depending on what time that is. For ILL$, no. You should be able to purchase ILL$ for after 2pm if you have Hoppers.
Very good
I was likely confusing it with VQ and park ressies. I think you had to have a park ressie to sign up for a VQ, at least that's what I think I remember. The memory has gotten quite foggy

I know this is a total guess, but does anyone think you'll need to have a park reservation for Epcot to be eligible for buying a ILL$? Our arrival day we have DHS booked and plan on going that evening, but I'm wondering if I should switch to Epcot just in case so that we can try for GotG. We have park hoppers/AP so that shouldn't be an issue. Right now we only have a park ressie for Epcot one day, but are staying at BCV so will probably hop to Epcot in the evenings several times.
You just need to have a ticket with hopper access and make the ILL for park # 2 after 2pm
A bit confused. I know there's no stand by line. Staying at the Dolphin.

If I don't paid for Lightening Lane, can I try for the Virtual Queue?
Is the only option, Paid?
How do I do the Virtual Queue?
As long as you have a park pass for Epcot you are good to go… if it’s like in the past drops will be at 7am & 1pm and they will go in seconds

Only thing that freaks me out is if one person is trying for ILL and other for VQ, you don't have time to communicate, so basically you could end up with both, and who wants to pay if you can get the VQ? lol. And can you have both? Should I only try for VQ first day at Epcot and try for ILL the second day.
So many questions, luckily (well not so luckily) we have 100 days to go so I will get to read over 2 months of listening to what others are doing :)

I would have been surprised if it hadn't opened with ILL$ and a VQ.
Yeah, I'm not sure that it was ever any question whatsoever. Maybe a slight question about VQ but not really. VQ was practically a given. ILL was never any question at all.

Only thing that freaks me out is if one person is trying for ILL and other for VQ, you don't have time to communicate, so basically you could end up with both, and who wants to pay if you can get the VQ? lol. And can you have both? Should I only try for VQ first day at Epcot and try for ILL the second day.
So many questions, luckily (well not so luckily) we have 100 days to go so I will get to read over 2 months of listening to what others are doing :)
Eh, worse case, you get to ride twice, provided it lets you get both. And if it does, then yeah, you'll get to use both. Sure it may be nice to not have to pay but it is a new ride. Paying to ride it isn't the worse thing ever. I guess if it was something you truly didn't want to pay for then don't try for ILL?

The one difference I'll note is Guardians will be about 100x more popular than Remy, give or take 100
And as another tourist blog related to Disney said, going with VQ probably has to do with safety and the crowd congestion in that part of the park with EPCOT's refurbishment. I imagine VQ will definitely last longer than the couple of months Remy had it.

Our family was well trained in Rise and Remy virtual queue. These are going to be hard to get for a bit. Let’s hope they don’t change to setup too much since we’ll be there Day 2 and DIS won’t have The Method perfected by then…….:disrocks:
We also have EPCOT park reservations for day 2. What’s the strategy? Try for both? We are staying at qualifying hotel for onsite ILL$.

I have a park reservation for the 27th so I’ll be there… whether I get a VQ or ILL$ time will tell. I got shut out of AP/ DVC preview so Im hoping I have a little better luck!

I haven't been to DisWorld in 10 years and yet I somehow had a park res for Epcot for the 27th...

I'll be trying for either I can get. :D I'll be online anyway for regular G+ so let's add on another race!

I know this is a total guess, but does anyone think you'll need to have a park reservation for Epcot to be eligible for buying a ILL$? Our arrival day we have DHS booked and plan on going that evening, but I'm wondering if I should switch to Epcot just in case so that we can try for GotG. We have park hoppers/AP so that shouldn't be an issue. Right now we only have a park ressie for Epcot one day, but are staying at BCV so will probably hop to Epcot in the evenings several times.
If you have ap or park hopper, you don’t need an epcot reservation … when you go to buy the ILL, you’ll be given spots after 3 pm - if any are available

Anyone know if Remy's had a standby queue during Extended Evening Hours when it first opened? I'm trying to gauge whether or not GotG might have a standby queue during that time. The ride isn't currently listed on the site as an Extended hours ride, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't add it by May 27th.

Anyone know if Remy's had a standby queue during Extended Evening Hours when it first opened? I'm trying to gauge whether or not GotG might have a standby queue during that time. The ride isn't currently listed on the site as an Extended hours ride, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't add it by May 27th.
I don’t think ratatouille was added to EEH till after January when it went to standby/ILL … than again it WAS a ride open during the wine and dine hard ticket event in November

So, you can only get a VQ if you have a Epcot park reservation? And if you have PH you can do ILL ? We will be there June 5th to the 10th and my reservations are for other parks because we were gonna hop over to Epcot at night should I change 1 to a reservation?

So, you can only get a VQ if you have a Epcot park reservation? And if you have PH you can do ILL ? We will be there June 5th to the 10th and my reservations are for other parks because we were gonna hop over to Epcot at night should I change 1 to a reservation?
If you don’t want to pay and wish to ride yes if Epcot is still open to park passes definitely swap

VQ drops 7am (from anywhere I’ve personally pulled from 30 miles away at home for rise and ratatouille) and possibly 1pm (you have to be physically inside Epcot or of tapped in earlier in the day so park pass is a must)

ILL drops at 7 if on site or park open if off site hoppers May book one so long as it’s after 2

What do you do if you have one phone/account? Prioritize VQ or ILL?
Nobody else has a phone or tablet? If not, you'll have to decide which to try first on the one device. But multiple people can be logged in to one account on different devices if you have access to another device (and another user).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter