Grumpy Challenge 2017.... A Marathon Weekend TR (Updated 3/19 Final Thoughts)

Very nice WS pictures! I see a grey goose slush in the France group shot-my fave :goodvibes
I wasn't a fan of FEA but I definitely agree with you that it would be better situated in a "Frozen" area of Fantasyland or HS.

Enjoying the TR so far Ryan, can't wait to hear about the races! We also stayed at SSR, it is our home resort and we have only stayed there for Marathon Weekends...hard to get a trip at that time without booking your home resort. I share your opinion...it is nice enough, but there are certainly other resorts I prefer. The Disney Springs location is a big plus now though!

Very nice WS pictures! I see a grey goose slush in the France group shot-my fave :goodvibes
I wasn't a fan of FEA but I definitely agree with you that it would be better situated in a "Frozen" area of Fantasyland or HS.

Yep, it's a good ride but just in the wrong place.

Enjoying the TR so far Ryan, can't wait to hear about the races! We also stayed at SSR, it is our home resort and we have only stayed there for Marathon Weekends...hard to get a trip at that time without booking your home resort. I share your opinion...it is nice enough, but there are certainly other resorts I prefer. The Disney Springs location is a big plus now though!

Thanks for joining in Mike! It was great meeting you before the 10K too. This was my first time at SSR and I think the biggest thing I liked was the proximity to Disney Springs.

Gotta say, I don't think I ever realized how noticeable the Swolphin is from inside EPCOT there - but that is pretty bad form Disney

I am of the same mind as you regarding FAE - separating the decision to have it where it is and be an overlay of Maestrom, it is a pretty great dark ride. Also a bit annoying that we just get an overlay while Japan gets a full land and makes me think how neat a land as part of Fantasyland could be

Love the picture of your group with all their treats in France

Gotta say, I don't think I ever realized how noticeable the Swolphin is from inside EPCOT there - but that is pretty bad form Disney

I am of the same mind as you regarding FAE - separating the decision to have it where it is and be an overlay of Maestrom, it is a pretty great dark ride. Also a bit annoying that we just get an overlay while Japan gets a full land and makes me think how neat a land as part of Fantasyland could be

Love the picture of your group with all their treats in France
Yep, that would be Eisner who allowed that to happen.

I agree. Frozen deserved a full land because of the kind of movie it was.

We had plans and a FP to ride FEA but it was down during our window so we missed it this go round. Traded them in for Soarin which I think was probably a better choice anyway. That sorbet looks delicious!!!

Yep, that would be Eisner who allowed that to happen.

I agree. Frozen deserved a full land because of the kind of movie it was.

Not sure if you play that Magic Kingdoms mobile game but they just had a Frozen event for it featuring 4 different attractions you could get for it ... it's like throwing salt in the wound!

We had plans and a FP to ride FEA but it was down during our window so we missed it this go round. Traded them in for Soarin which I think was probably a better choice anyway. That sorbet looks delicious!!!

Yeah frozen was good but maybe not a ride that I need to do every trip. It was deleicious! I have to get it every trip!

Not sure if you play that Magic Kingdoms mobile game but they just had a Frozen event for it featuring 4 different attractions you could get for it ... it's like throwing salt in the wound!

I do play that! Disney could've done so much with frozen...

We have had FP to ride FEA 4 times now, and twice the ride was down. Not the greatest success rate :(

I finally got a chance to read through the first part of the report.

It's definitely weird that they said the 12 of you wouldn't fit in one boat. Maybe the CM was just having a bad math day?

Sounds like a great start to the trip!

I finally got a chance to read through the first part of the report.

It's definitely weird that they said the 12 of you wouldn't fit in one boat. Maybe the CM was just having a bad math day?

Sounds like a great start to the trip!
Yeah we all were so confused as to why she didn't think 12 would work. Whatever, we moved on with our day.

Yeah frozen was good but maybe not a ride that I need to do every trip. It was deleicious! I have to get it every trip!

I do play that! Disney could've done so much with frozen...

They'll get another chance after Frozen 2 comes out...

Joining in! Growing up I wanted to be a civil engineer. My city had made some horrible decisions and I wanted to fix them lol. I'm also a Badgers fan by extension. I had a friend who played hockey there in college. My true love is The Ohio State University. Go Big 10!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!