Grumpy Challenge 2017.... A Marathon Weekend TR (Updated 3/19 Final Thoughts)

Joining in! Growing up I wanted to be a civil engineer. My city had made some horrible decisions and I wanted to fix them lol. I'm also a Badgers fan by extension. I had a friend who played hockey there in college. My true love is The Ohio State University. Go Big 10!
Thanks for joining in! Thats cool! Wisconsin has always been pretty good in Hockey.

following along... i stalk the rumors and news thread hoping for ROL by Feb when we will be there for Princess Half. (not holding my breath for that one!) excited to read about your trip.

just got a chance to read your TR. Great start. I'm excited to see some review of the your food you're eating, You're eating at some places I have not tried. Although your first posting from Wolfgang Pucks....C'mon chicken fingers?!?!? I guess the palate of a teenager, what can I expect.

just got a chance to read your TR. Great start. I'm excited to see some review of the your food you're eating, You're eating at some places I have not tried. Although your first posting from Wolfgang Pucks....C'mon chicken fingers?!?!? I guess the palate of a teenager, what can I expect.
Thanks for joining in! Well I wanted something quick and easy and chicken fingers were that. I do get some more interesting stuff later though!

The incorrect wait time....

Okay, so originally we were never supposed to go to a park on arrival day. It was supposed to be a resort and Disney Springs day. That changed because part of our group was leaving Friday to go on a 4 Day Disney cruise. So Wendy (the DVC owner) wanted to ride Frozen and see the Star Wars fireworks. We had crossed one of those off our list. Star Wars fireworks were next. We had some time before the fireworks though and people in our group wanted to ride RnRc since we didn't have a FP for it later in the week. The wait time was 70 minutes... Normally I don't wait that long for anything if I don't have to. Well being in a large group I didn't have a lot of say. We got in line.

Jenna and Kailey were members of our group so it was cool seeing these magicband affects working.

Well remember that posted 70 minute wait? Yeah... It ended up being 90+ minutes and we missed the fireworks.

My sister (blonde, front row of this picture) had a hilarious ride photo though!

And that was that. DHS closed at 8PM so we headed out. Three of us though decided to head to Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours though. I believe the park was open until 12PM that night. I had only been awake since 3:30AM so why not right?

Notice the patch of lights out on the tree.

I just love the castle lights...

The Castle projection show started in 5 minutes so we waited to watch that since it was the new Once Upon a Time show that I have not seen.

Continued in next post...

The incorrect wait time... Part 2

I know many liked Celebrate the Magic but I really liked Once Upon a Time. It was a great upgrade to the previous show. They can only get better when it comes to these projection shows.

We headed to Pirates after this.

Okay, I don't know if you can tell but the boat in front of us was having serious issues. First it was leaning way right. The weight distribution was clearly off and if you have heard about the boat issues this can lead to water in the boats. Obviously the CMs let this one slide by...

We also heard CMs come on the speaker several times to tell people to stop trying to pet the dog... Come on people, seriously?!

Oh hey Walt!

Buzz was next. I rode solo, my friends Kailey and Sarah rode together.

We were hungry so a stop at Casey's for some corn dogs was in order!

And that is where we ended our night. It was about 11:30 so we headed back to SSR for some shut eye as we had another fun filled day tomorrow.

Up Next: Why did I wear these shoes?

Great update. It sucks that your RnR wait was longer than posted. I don't know if I would wait that long for a pounding headache lol

Great update. It sucks that your RnR wait was longer than posted. I don't know if I would wait that long for a pounding headache lol
Yeah I wasn't thrilled with the wait but there wasn't much I could do. That's a downside to being in a big group.

The wait time was 70 minutes... Normally I don't wait that long for anything if I don't have to. Well being in a large group I didn't have a lot of say. We got in line.
That wait time is hard to swallow, but it's understandable in your situation. If you're in a big group, sometimes you just have to go with the flow or risk ruining the trip completely.

My sister (blonde, front row of this picture) had a hilarious ride photo though!
That is one of the best ride pictures I've seen. It almost makes the wait time worth it! Just curious, was that her first time on RnRC?

I know many liked Celebrate the Magic but I really liked Once Upon a Time. It was a great upgrade to the previous show. They can only get better when it comes to these projection shows.
I haven't seen the new show yet but it's good to know you enjoyed it. I've seen video and it seems good.

That wait time is hard to swallow, but it's understandable in your situation. If you're in a big group, sometimes you just have to go with the flow or risk ruining the trip completely.

That is one of the best ride pictures I've seen. It almost makes the wait time worth it! Just curious, was that her first time on RnRC?

I haven't seen the new show yet but it's good to know you enjoyed it. I've seen video and it seems good.
Yep.

No this was not her first time she just freaks out at the launch.

Yes I really liked the new show and recommend everyone to check it out.

That's a bummer about the fireworks. I caught part of the show as we left AK on Saturday and from Epcot on Sunday. Still waiting to see the whole thing in person, though.

Finally reading your report. I bet we were at Epcot at the same time. We didn't leave until about 4pm to catch DME. We were in a tour until about 1pm though and then eating at Via Napoli about 2pm. I don't think we rode anything after lunch, since it took longer than I thought it would.

Yup - my degree is in computer engineering and my wife's is in chemical engineering - though I have friends from college who did civil ... not easy!

DH and I are both Electrical Engineers (with a comp specialty, no special degree then)! We actually were lab partners in college.

Finally reading your report. I bet we were at Epcot at the same time. We didn't leave until about 4pm to catch DME. We were in a tour until about 1pm though and then eating at Via Napoli about 2pm. I don't think we rode anything after lunch, since it took longer than I thought it would.

DH and I are both Electrical Engineers (with a comp specialty, no special degree then)! We actually were lab partners in college.
Thanks for joining in! Wish we could've met!

So many engineers here! Who knew engineers were Disney nerds?

that picture of your sister is priceless! i am planning to ride this when we go in Feb. It will be the first time for all of us, i am worried if it may be too much for my DD who is 6. I have it FP for now but am still on the fence about it. She loves BTMRR and Splash... Used to love ToT but somehow got scared and did not want to ride it the last time.

that picture of your sister is priceless! i am planning to ride this when we go in Feb. It will be the first time for all of us, i am worried if it may be too much for my DD who is 6. I have it FP for now but am still on the fence about it. She loves BTMRR and Splash... Used to love ToT but somehow got scared and did not want to ride it the last time.
My sister was 7-8 when she first rode it. If your DD is good with rides she should be fine.

Your sisters picture is fantastic! I feel for you in that wait though :faint: We normally do 20-25 minute waits tops. In Nov. DS11 and I went down a few days ahead of DH and DS14; at HS the posted wait for TSMM was 70 and DS really wanted to do it, commenting that maybe it would be shorter.......I felt bad so I Reluctantly went in. The wait was about 50 minutes, still long, not as bad as 70, but it was a whole lotta "I Spy" getting there!
We also didn't even try catching UOAT in Nov. since none of us were big fans of CtM but it looks so pretty. Might try to watch it in May :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter