Grumpy Challenge 2017.... A Marathon Weekend TR (Updated 3/19 Final Thoughts)

Didn't know you were majoring in civil engineering- I have an engineering degree as does my wife (we met in college) so I know how challenging that is - so to do that, and the races, and moderate the rumors board, and write DIS articles is very impressive

Also love how you mention your younger sister loves being a kid

Didn't know you were majoring in civil engineering- I have an engineering degree as does my wife (we met in college) so I know how challenging that is - so to do that, and the races, and moderate the rumors board, and write DIS articles is very impressive

I didn't know you were engineer! That's awesome. I don't like to sit still. That's why I could never just go to the beach for a vacation. I need activities to do.

I didn't know you were engineer! That's awesome. I don't like to sit still. That's why I could never just go to the beach for a vacation. I need activities to do.

Yup - my degree is in computer engineering and my wife's is in chemical engineering - though I have friends from college who did civil ... not easy!

I am following along. Can't wait to read about your Disney races and WDW adventures.

Arrival Day! My first time at Saratoga Springs...

We departed from Milwaukee at 6:00AM which meant we had to get up around 3-3:30AM. This would not be the last time we or at least I get up that early on this trip. We were at the airport by 4:30AM. I prefer an early flight because it means you can have the whole day in front of you.

Our flight was uneventful except for the fact that we were on an old plane with no wifi... We fly Southwest, and while their wifi doesn't give you a lot they usually have a flight tracker and TV stations you can watch. None of that since there was no wifi. I did have a back up though! I downloaded two movies on my phone, Monsters Inc. and Wreck it Ralph. I decided on Monsters Inc. on the way down.

There was a total of 12 in the group I was traveling with. 4 from my family and then 8 friends of ours.

After some De-icing we were in the air and watching this awesome sunrise.

Soon enough we were landed in Orlando!

MCO Christmas tree was still up when we arrived.

My Mom, and a few of our friends went to get a rental car for the week. Four of the friends in our group would be going on a cruise starting Friday. The rest of us went to the Magical Express.

When we arrived our room was not ready since it was around 9:30AM. We checked our bags for now until our room was ready. My mom and DVC owner friend Wendy went to the grocery store and Disney outlet to pick up a couple things for the week. The rest of us ventured to Disney Springs!

We would be visiting the Boathouse later in the week...

Paddlefish construction

This is my first time seeing Disney Springs mostly finished. The Springs looked awesome!

Continued in the next post...

Nice photos Rteetz. It will be nice to get your first hand perspective on some of the recently discussed issues and developments.

Arrival Day! My first time at Saratoga Springs... Part 2

It was nearing Lunch time so we headed over to something that is always good. Wolfgang Puck Express!

I was unadventurous this time and just got some Chicken Tenders. My sister got the Mac and Cheese.

Our rooms were ready so we headed back after that.

Saratoga Springs is based on the city Saratoga Springs in Upstate New York and on Horse racing.

We just hung out in our rooms for a little bit. We unpacked a little and then our bags were delivered. The Wisconsin Badgers were playing in Goodyear Cotton Bowl on this day so we also had to watch that game. They took on undefeated Western Michigan. The Badgers won! On Wisconsin!

We had plans for Epcot in the afternoon. So we all headed there to meet up with our group.

Spaceship Earth was our first FP so we went there first.

I rode this with our friend Jennifer. My head cut out was a really weird shape.

Test Track single rider was next. We didn't want to wait in the long standby line so we opted for the single rider line which is something I have never actually done.

The rest of our group was finally there so we met up with them after Test track.

Up next: I finally ride Frozen Ever After...

I would also be interested in your thoughts on staying at SS as you go on. I have always hesitated given its size and location.

I would also be interested in your thoughts on staying at SS as you go on. I have always hesitated given its size and location.
I will be giving those thoughts as I go on. There are many things I liked about the resort and some things I didn't. Unfortunately I did not take many pictures of the room...

Joining! My youngest DS is the same age as your little sister :)
We stayed at SSR back in 2011 and while we didn't love it we thought it was fine; interested to hear what you thought.

That's ok. Words are worth a thousand pictures in this case.

Well that's good. I should have some more photos of the grounds and the building we stayed in though.

Joining! My youngest DS is the same age as your little sister :)
We stayed at SSR back in 2011 and while we didn't love it we thought it was fine; interested to hear what you thought.

Thats cool! I will say that SSR isn't my favorite resort but also isn't my least favorite. Thanks for joining in!

What he said ^^^

:worship:

I was not able to keep up with your pre-trip report, but can't wait to read all about your trip. The good, the bad as well as the happy, the Grumpy, the Goofy and the Dopey and any other dwarves (hopefully no Doc).

:cheer2:

We departed from Milwaukee at 6:00AM which meant we had to get up around 3-3:30AM. This would not be the last time we or at least I get up that early on this trip. We were at the airport by 4:30AM. I prefer an early flight because it means you can have the whole day in front of you.

I totally agree!

The rest of us went to the Magical Express.

This is adorable! I love all of the smiles.

Your lunch looks good. I want to try one of the Wolfgang Puck places, but we don't make it to Disney Springs often and when we do, our destination to eat is usually T-Rex.

I am looking forward to reading about SSR. I don't know much about the resort.

:goodvibes

Great start at EPCOT!

Yay! The ending of Spaceship Earth is working again. Do you know how long it was broken? During my October trip, our pictures were not used in "The Future" video and I had read the feature of the ride was not active prior to that.

I love your picture from Test Track.

Looking forward to hearing what you thought of Frozen.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!