Grumpy Challenge 2017.... A Marathon Weekend TR (Updated 3/19 Final Thoughts)

Ok...so I may seem like a stalker but I'm not....I promise! I've enjoyed reading your reports so I must say this is funny.

My husband is Ryan
Our last name is Teet-er as you may see from my screen name
He's a civil engineer and we are disney-addicts! Lol! Ironic huh! Lol

Great report so far! I'm interested to hear how you liked Saratoga Springs as I'll be staying here for the first time for PHM. Specifically location to the bus in the wee hours of the morning!

Always love Wolfgang Puck! LOVE the look of Saratoga Springs! What size Villa did you get? We're getting a Studio Villa next trip at a different resort and were wondering how the sizes run. Looks like so much fun!

What he said ^^^

:worship:

I was not able to keep up with your pre-trip report, but can't wait to read all about your trip. The good, the bad as well as the happy, the Grumpy, the Goofy and the Dopey and any other dwarves (hopefully no Doc).

:cheer2:

Well thanks for joining in!

I totally agree!

This is adorable! I love all of the smiles.

Your lunch looks good. I want to try one of the Wolfgang Puck places, but we don't make it to Disney Springs often and when we do, our destination to eat is usually T-Rex.

I am looking forward to reading about SSR. I don't know much about the resort.

:goodvibes

My 2016 trip was the first time I ate at Wolfgang puck express. It's tucked away on the marketplace side next to the Christmas store. It's one of the best quick services on property in terms of food and value.

I didn't know much about SSR before I stayed there either.

Great start at EPCOT!

Yay! The ending of Spaceship Earth is working again. Do you know how long it was broken? During my October trip, our pictures were not used in "The Future" video and I had read the feature of the ride was not active prior to that.

I love your picture from Test Track.

Looking forward to hearing what you thought of Frozen.

:thumbsup2

I had read people's saying it was back in December so it couldn't have been down for too long.

Woot! Off to a great start.

Thanks for joining in!

Ok...so I may seem like a stalker but I'm not....I promise! I've enjoyed reading your reports so I must say this is funny.

My husband is Ryan
Our last name is Teet-er as you may see from my screen name
He's a civil engineer and we are disney-addicts! Lol! Ironic huh! Lol

Great report so far! I'm interested to hear how you liked Saratoga Springs as I'll be staying here for the first time for PHM. Specifically location to the bus in the wee hours of the morning!

Wow that is something!

I'll be sure to talk about buses for marathon weekend. Thanks for joining in!

Great start on your adventure!

Welcome!

Always love Wolfgang Puck! LOVE the look of Saratoga Springs! What size Villa did you get? We're getting a Studio Villa next trip at a different resort and were wondering how the sizes run. Looks like so much fun!

We stayed in a studio. However ours was classified as a deluxe studio due to location. We stayed in the springs area which it closest to the lobby and main pool.

Here! I'm going to try my best to keep up this time but no guarantees. LOL.

I'm excited to read all about the race stuff since I will be signing up for the 5K next year.

Here! I'm going to try my best to keep up this time but no guarantees. LOL.

I'm excited to read all about the race stuff since I will be signing up for the 5K next year.
That's okay, I'm glad you're here!

What a great year to sign up! 25th anniversary of the 5K!

Great start to the trip, Ryan. SSR looks really nice. Hope your stay there was good. I didn't make it to Disney Springs this trip so looking forward to catching it next time.

Joining in!

Did you like SSR? I know a lot of people seem to not care for it but it looks beautiful and the proximity to the Springs is nice too.

Following along Ryan. Hated that the 1/2 got cancelled but like most people who were signed up I joined in a "fun run" to make up for it. Looking forward to reading about your runs and your trip.

Great start to the trip, Ryan. SSR looks really nice. Hope your stay there was good. I didn't make it to Disney Springs this trip so looking forward to catching it next time.

It was really nice. I loved Disney Springs. We made it over there 3-4 times this trip. It was easy being so close.

Joining in!

Did you like SSR? I know a lot of people seem to not care for it but it looks beautiful and the proximity to the Springs is nice too.

Thanks for joining in! I liked SSR but it wasn't my favorite resort I've stayed at.

Following along Ryan. Hated that the 1/2 got cancelled but like most people who were signed up I joined in a "fun run" to make up for it. Looking forward to reading about your runs and your trip.

Thanks for following along! I was disappointed but it was a great weekend overall.

I finally ride Frozen Ever After...

So when I left you last we were off to meet up with the rest of our group. They were having a snack at the Mexico Pavilion so that is where we met up.

Lovely view of World Showcase with the Swan and Dolphin intruding.

As you can see here they are working on the new Margarita Stand location.

Norway was next of course. This was my first time seeing this area without any walls in it.

We stopped for some treats, troll horns and other bakery items.

Soon enough we headed into Frozen for our FP. It was weird walking in and seeing the open area that is now the queue. It was around 4:30PM at this point.

Soon enough we were on the ride. One side note before I talk about the ride. We had a group of twelve. They would not put all of us together in one boat. The CM working said the boats were not big enough. Each row holds 3 people, there are 4 rows. 3x4=12... The CM kept insisting that one boat would not hold us all. We were all looking at each other like what?

Anyways onto the ride!

As you can see I was documenting much of the ride...

My thoughts on the Frozen Ever After attraction remain how I thought they would be. The ride overall is great. I enjoy the animatronics and the overall feel. However the ride show not be there in Epcot. This ride belongs in a fleshed out Frozen area in Fantasyland or Hollywood Studios.

Moving along, we made our way through World Showcase.

I just love the trains in Germany. Unfortunately this is really the only time I stopped to see them.

Continued in next post...

I finally ride Frozen Ever After... Part 2

We made our way to France were my mom and friends stopped to get a drink. I went and got some sorbet because why not?

I love these ornaments in France.

Sorry I took a bite before taking a photo. Bad trip report writer....

We also all stopped in Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie. I don't remember what we all got but I got a loaf of bread. $3! A full loaf for $3! Where else can you get something that cheap in Disney?

And no trip to World Showcase could be complete without some Fish and Chips in the UK!

I will be honest. This was my first time actually having fish and chips here. Friday fish fries are huge here in Wisconsin so when on vacation they aren't on my radar. I will say they were pretty good but not as good as some of the fish fries we have back here.

My sister went to meet Alice while we were eating.

Well then we headed through International Gateway to Hollywood Studios. We all loaded onto the Friendship boats and sailed away.

I will leave you here for now.

Up Next: The incorrect wait time....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter