Grrr @ DCL breaking news

rere101399

DISmom
Just saw the news headline about the CM on the Magic accused of molesting a boy during a game in the Oceaneers Lab. So sad and disappointed👎🏻 I can’t understand how a CM could be alone with kids in the lab for this to happen. I get that the kids were blindfolded (a game which I’m assuming will never be played again), but where were the other CMs? Anxiously awaiting DCL’s response on preventing this tragedy from ever happening again...

Never knew that. It SHOULD be shared.

You're waiting for Disney's response? They're about FIVE MONTHS too late with that!

Maybe I’m wrong on the rule about no outside links...you have me second guessing, maybe I’m confusing it with my Disney FB groups🤔

Agreed that their attempt to hide this is atrocious...now that it’s out I want to know what they have to say.

Last edited:
They might have been legally bound to not disclose until trial. I don't want to jump to conclusions until I read up on this.

Regardless, this is terrible and disgusting.

For Europeans and those not in USA the article @KashasMom linked to is blocked.
Looking at the Disney Cruise Line blog, the incident happened on the 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami Sunday April 28, 2019

Here is a link which is not blocked in Europe https://www.wptv.com/news/state/police-disney-cruise-line-worker-molested-10-year-old-child-on-ship

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. — A former Disney Cruise Line employee is accused of molesting a 10-year-old boy in the children's center on board a cruise ship that sets sail from Port Miami.

According to his arrest report, 24-year-old Oliver Lovatt is a youth entertainment host on the Disney Magic.

The alleged victim said he was playing inside the Oceaneer Kids Lab on the ship on April 28 around 10:30 p.m.

During a game that involved the 10-year-old getting blindfolded and spun around several times, Lovatt "fondled the victim's [private parts] outside of the clothing," the arrest report stated.

Later, during another game, authorities said Lovatt was sitting next to the alleged victim and moved his hand toward him.

"The victim, in fear the defendant would fondle his [private parts] again, proceeded to cover his genital area," according to the arrest report. Lovatt "proceeded to place his hand over the victim's hand, attempting to fondle his [private parts] again."

Authorities said surveillance video inside the children's center captured both incidents.

According to his arrest report, Lovatt confessed and was booked into the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center in Miami-Dade County on charges of lewd and lascivious molestation.

A spokesperson for Disney released this statement about the arrest:

"We have zero tolerance for this type of unacceptable behavior. When we became aware of the allegation, it was reported to law enforcement and the crew member was removed from duty permanently."

I'm glad the young boy told what happened. He saved other kids from having it happen to them. I don't know how security videos work. But if they still have video of every time this cm was working they need to see if he did it to other kids. He could have done it to a 3 yr old, a child that young may not know what is happening. If they see he did it to others, they should charge him with more assaults. And make sure he stays in prison for as long as possible.

I'm glad the young boy told what happened. He saved other kids from having it happen to them. I don't know how security videos work. But if they still have video of every time this cm was working they need to see if he did it to other kids. He could have done it to a 3 yr old, a child that young may not know what is happening. If they see he did it to others, they should charge him with more assaults. And make sure he stays in prison for as long as possible.
Good point. This might have just been the first kid who spoke up, not the first to be abused. ☹

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter