Grocery Service?

jdsergent

Earning My Ears
We are a party of 6 staying in a villa and really would like to have food in our room for breakfast and snacks for the kids. Any recommendations for a grocery service?

We used Garden Grocer last time and were happy with them. This time I am comparing prices for Garden Grocer, Publix (Instacart) and Amazon Prime Now. For us, it looks like Publix will be the winner this time (options and price).

Another vote for Garden Grocer. I haven't compared their prices with the other services yet, but I found it to be fairly reasonably, plus I get a coupon code for a free case of water from my stroller rental company. If you are water drinkers, make sure you get some cases of water. It's much cheaper than paying the $3/bottle at the parks.

We used Garden Grocer and it was fine. Expensive compared to some of the services delivering now. We learned that Safeway had started delivering after we'd already put in our GG order. But GG was still much cheaper than buying water and fresh fruit on property.
We usually have a car and make a run to the Super Target off Osceola for groceries on our arrival day.

I used garden grocer 3 years ago and will use again in October. We ordered weeks in advance. Flew in from England and as soon as was on the DME received a text to say delivered to AoA and goods were waiting for us at bell services
:flower1:

We used Dizzy Dolphin in March and it was great. I liked being able to give them a very specific list of groceries vs having to pick from what was offered. Service and communication were great. I'd use them again!

used Garden Grocer and now wonder why I waited so long. We also ordered breakfast foods, snacks and water. Was very happy with the results, and will definitely use them in the future

We have used Wegoshop three times and will again in October. Like someone mentioned above I like that I can give them a specific list of things I want rather than having to choose from whatever options the service offers. I also like that Wegoshop will shop at a store of our choosing. We found them to be much cheaper than Garden Grocer but I know a lot of people really like GG.

Garden Grocer all the way!!! Well...at least that's the only way we usually go, but I think they are bit on the high side as far as prices go. Plus if your into organic food, there isn't a huge selection. However, they send you both emails and text messages when your groceries have been delivered. Don't worry about the the items that need to be refrigerated, the hotel will store them for you until your room is ready. Hope you have a magical vacation! :)

We have used both Garden Grocer and Orlando Grocery Express. Service and fees were pretty much identical. I usually just go with whoever has the items I'm looking for as their brands vary a little.

Just wondering why Garden Grocer is so popular when it appears to me that Publix Instacart is so much cheaper with possibly more options. Never used either but want to this coming trip. Anyone who has used both care to comment?

We have only used GG so I can only comment on our experiences... I think having something that is a 'known quantity' puts an element of assurance into the minds of the customer. I'm not saying that other companies cannot and do not do that, but since GG has been historically popular it could be that it is more of a known brand. We have been very happy with our customer service and experiences with GG and have just placed our new order with them. However, when we go again I may have to try Publix and compare the experiences......

Just wondering why Garden Grocer is so popular when it appears to me that Publix Instacart is so much cheaper with possibly more options. Never used either but want to this coming trip. Anyone who has used both care to comment?
I haven't used instacart yet, but have used GG for like 6 years. It's my understanding that instacart is pretty new to the area, so it doesn't have the following yet. Also I don't think they deliver alcohol, while GG does (not positive - I could be wrong in remembering that). And, in my researching, the GG deliveries use paper bags, labeled for cold storage if needed, and the instacart seemed to just have plastic bag delivery and wasn't marked the same? I stuck with GG on my last trip, but will look at my options again before my upcoming trip. (Also looked at wegoshop, Dizzy Dolphin, and safeway delivery [the safeway was pretty darn far away from the resort, so i didn't go with that]). Instacart is starting up in my area this month, so I might be more familiar with the company and more willing to try it. Paying $7 for a container of strawberries hurt but they are my kid's favorite, and I won't bring myself to pay $3.29 for an avocado - both on garden grocer.

Vacation is the only time of our year where my husband and I enjoy a beer/adult beverage while the kids sleep or play in a pool. Since we hate paying $8-15/drink at the pool, we will be using GG this trip. It's super expensive, but has a great reputation and delivers alcohol. For now, it has a monopoly on the alcohol-delivery market.

We usually use GG, but are trying Instacart this year. The selection and prices are so much better.

We used GG for our stay at Pop this past March and have used them for prior trips. Yes they are pricey, but they are reliable and have an outstanding reputation for customer service.

You didn't say if you had access to a vehicle to hit a local supermarket. Albertsons is closest, but publix and Walmart are also close by and cheaper. We have shopped at all of these, but our last trip we used DME and had to use garden grocer. Slightly pricier, but got exactly what we wanted, delivered right to bell services at our hotel

We have used GG for our past 3 trips, but are planning to try Safeway Delivery for this trip. They are much cheaper and will also deliver alcohol. The only negative is that you have to be present for delivery if you order alcohol. We'll see how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter