Grand Californian Super Thread

I don't recall seeing that kiddie pool last July. I'm not 100% sure it's still there. There is now a low stone wall and just a bunch of chairs in that area as I recall. If you look on Google Maps Satellite View, the photo shows construction walls up around that kiddie pool. Almost positive it was removed during the last pool deck refurbishment.

Last edited:
Ah! Well...that would explain why I didn't notice it in February! (Though, to be fair, I also didn't notice the 2nd hot tub. Unless that's gone now too!)

Our group of 7 (3 year old kidoo, kidoo's parents, and both sets of grandparents) will be staying in a 3 bedroom suite for 4 days/3 nights at the GC in late July. Should I have any special requests in terms of configuration or location? Thanks!

Our group of 7 (3 year old kidoo, kidoo's parents, and both sets of grandparents) will be staying in a 3 bedroom suite for 4 days/3 nights at the GC in late July. Should I have any special requests in terms of configuration or location? Thanks!
A 3 bedroom suite will be a pretty penny, so a few suggestions to put you in for a pound :idea:
Suites can generally not be booked as Club Level, but definitely try to add when checking in.
Signature Suites include Club Level and night show seating.

No official floor plan giving exact details of suite locations and layouts has been published, but this should be reasonably accurate information. 1 bedroom suites located on a corner can add adjacent rooms on both sides to form a 3 bedroom suite (green, blue, yellow), some other locations are possible (orange). Signature suites are on the top floor (green, orange, blue).

My comments:
Green: Closest to Club Level Lounge and pool view. 5014 would be my first choice
Yellow: Long walk from elevators, mixture of views. 5451 will have the best fireworks view anywhere outside the parks. 5452 will have a great park view.
Blue: Faces Redwood Creek, floors 2 and 3 only.

map_gch_3br.jpg

Where are the 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom suites located at Grand Californian?
Do they have more than 1 bathroom?
Are they far from the entrance to DCA?

A 3 bedroom suite will be a pretty penny, so a few suggestions to put you in for a pound :idea:
Suites can generally not be booked as Club Level, but definitely try to add when checking in.
Signature Suites include Club Level and night show seating.

No official floor plan giving exact details of suite locations and layouts has been published, but this should be reasonably accurate information. 1 bedroom suites located on a corner can add adjacent rooms on both sides to form a 3 bedroom suite (green, blue, yellow), some other locations are possible (orange). Signature suites are on the top floor (green, orange, blue).

My comments:
Green: Closest to Club Level Lounge and pool view. 5014 would be my first choice
Yellow: Long walk from elevators, mixture of views. 5451 will have the best fireworks view anywhere outside the parks. 5452 will have a great park view.
Blue: Faces Redwood Creek, floors 2 and 3 only.

View attachment 751861
Thank you so much Nonsuch. That is very helpful--exactly what I was looking for. Any idea how much club access (if available) is going for these days?

On my last trip, I stayed in 3014 and 3013 as a 2 bedroom suite. It had 2 bathrooms (one for each room). There was a plumbing issues so we had to switch rooms for our last night. There were no 2 bedroom suites available, so we got room 4116 and 4120 which are above the monorail. Each of these suites are two connecting rooms set up with one as a bedroom and one as a living room, so they each had two bathrooms. Neither of these suites are far from the main elevators.

I requested and received club access for the suites and I definitely recommend it. It's a bargain for club access. $300/night (for my trip in February 2023) which is less than the difference of a standard club level room and a regular room. I put random date in July and a regular room is $860 while a club room is $1491.

This site has the floor plans and some good info.

https://*******.com/dvc-information/resort-information/dvc-resorts/the-villas-at-disneys-grand-californian-hotel-spa/

Darn, blocked.
But the 1 bedrooms have 2 bathrooms. And the 2 bedrooms have 3 bathrooms.

Does anyone know how late you can go to the Veranda on check-out day? I think at DLH we couldn't go once we checked out at 11:00, but I thought I heard you can use the club at GCH for longer.

Thanks! That's great news, because we'll be switching hotels after we check out and will be in limbo until we check in to the new hotel at 4pm. We don't have park tickets that day because we're going to Star Wars nite. I'm sure I won't mind having more time at the club :)

I know I've read this, but now I can't find it...what time does GCH security start letting people into DtD? We will be there later this week and I'm trying to make sure we don't miss out on any valuable early entry time.

I know I've read this, but now I can't find it...what time does GCH security start letting people into DtD? We will be there later this week and I'm trying to make sure we don't miss out on any valuable early entry time.
7am, and people line up early so the line can get pretty long. We would get up around 5am and then be in line no later than around 6:15am to be in the first half of the line to security.

7am, and people line up early so the line can get pretty long. We would get up around 5am and then be in line no later than around 6:15am to be in the first half of the line to security.
We got here on Wednesday and quickly realized we had gotten to security wayyyyy too late (6:45am). The line was massive, but it moved fairly quickly and we managed to just make it for the magic morning rope drop. So for others who are staying soon, get there early like @RoseColored97 suggested! Our second day was much less stressful when we got there about 6:25am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter