Grand Californian Super Thread

Something isn't right about that discrepancy. Are you comparing the same room type? Sometimes, certain room types aren't available on the Disneyland site and if all they have is a suite, for instance, it's going to come up as a very expensive room price, whereas other sites may still have some of the cheaper room on those dates.

Also, are you sure you're looking at the same hotel on Hotels.com (like the Grand Legacy compared to the Grand Californian)?

ETA: Are you talking about total cost or per night? I was thinking per night. I've gotten pretty good deals sometimes through other booking sites and saving $300-500 on a couple of nights would be a nice savings for sure! If it's refundable, I'd book it!

It was for GCH but changed quickly after I asked in this forum. I was seeing $500/night on hotels.com, and when I refreshed it changed to $800/night to match the Disney site not 30 minutes later. It was refundable and I personally don't care about the type of room or view, so I'll probably just book it if I see that price again.

It was for GCH but changed quickly after I asked in this forum. I was seeing $500/night on hotels.com, and when I refreshed it changed to $800/night to match the Disney site not 30 minutes later. It was refundable and I personally don't care about the type of room or view, so I'll probably just book it if I see that price again.
Wow, that's a great deal! I got one like that some years back at DLH (different booking site). It was pretty awesome. I hope you see it again and can grab it!!

Question for those who have stayed at both…is GCH CL *that* much better than DLH CL? Or is it like WDW where the differences between CLs are functionally minimal and really a matter of personal preference? And are there any major differences with the club level rooms themselves between the two hotels?

The week we are going, GCH is $500 a night more than DLH between comparable CL rooms at the two hotels, and considering CL is already $500 a night more than a regular non-CL room, that’s a large dollar sign for me to run past the hubby. We’ve stayed at both hotels before, and they each have pros and cons, but CL is really about the lounge and the food, and we haven’t done club at either.

Thanks!

I'm assuming the club level rooms are all in a similar location, but is it all like top floor, or just a certain part of the hotel? We are staying in a standard room and always request top floor when we stay in hotels (avoids the noise of people above us) but I wasn't sure if that was even an option if there is a club level... but it's such a big hotel, it would also make sense if the club level was all in one area and not just all of the top floor everywhere.

HI.

I currently have booked a Woods Courtyard view at GCH (first time at GCH always stay DLH) for my vacation in August.
Does anyone have any information on the Theme Park view rooms...on the website it is a partial view or theme park.
I know people have views of Goofy's Sky school....what other attractions can you see in these rooms ' Grizzly Peak? Grizzly River Run? Pixar Pier? I am possibly thinking of changing but I am very unsure since I want to see the monorail.

Thanks.

I haven’t stayed in many years but that is a hot tub jacuzzi style.

I seem to recall the kiddie pool was square shaped and was not close to the hot tub . Do you see anything else?
. This pool was good for a small child to play in with supervision, and not deep at all.

Last edited:
Question for those who have stayed at both…is GCH CL *that* much better than DLH CL? Or is it like WDW where the differences between CLs are functionally minimal and really a matter of personal preference? And are there any major differences with the club level rooms themselves between the two hotels?

The week we are going, GCH is $500 a night more than DLH between comparable CL rooms at the two hotels, and considering CL is already $500 a night more than a regular non-CL room, that’s a large dollar sign for me to run past the hubby. We’ve stayed at both hotels before, and they each have pros and cons, but CL is really about the lounge and the food, and we haven’t done club at either.

Thanks!

I've done both. GCH Club is better, IMO, but I don't know about $500 per night better. It's more sophisticated. The food and drink offerings are more elevated. DLH has more what I would call "kid friendly" food offerings at the CL. Both lounges are equally good. Both have views of fireworks. The staff at both are excellent.

Overall, though, the GCH is a much NICER resort, and more convenient. Whether that is worth the additional money for your family is up to you. I will say, if you are paying rack rate, neither CL is really "worth it." There is so much good food at the resort that you kind of miss out on it when you feel obligated to eating in the lounge to "get your money's worth." We stayed CL for a couple nights last July (before I came down with covid) for around $900/night (deep discount). I recall rack rate being around $1500/night, and if that is the rate you are talking about, I'd save the money and just book a standard room at GCH. You can buy a LOT of good food for the difference.

Also....can anyone tell me how deep each of the pools are? Thanks!

The Redwood pool (the one with the slide) goes from 3ft near the edges to 5'5" in the dead center.

The other pools are a maximum of 4 feet deep, as I recall, and around 3 feet near the steps.

I just googled and it does mention the Grand Californian Resort has A Mickey Shaped Pool in the Redwood Pool area .
And expanded with the DVC to include the Mariposa Pool but does not mention a childrens pool.
I have not been there in a long time .I think they did have a concrete turtle statue spouting water so maybe I am crazy and they removed this area . Sorry

HI.

I currently have booked a Woods Courtyard view at GCH (first time at GCH always stay DLH) for my vacation in August.
Does anyone have any information on the Theme Park view rooms...on the website it is a partial view or theme park.
I know people have views of Goofy's Sky school....what other attractions can you see in these rooms ' Grizzly Peak? Grizzly River Run? Pixar Pier? I am possibly thinking of changing but I am very unsure since I want to see the monorail.

Thanks.

I just googled and it does mention the Grand Californian Resort has A Mickey Shaped Pool in the Redwood Pool area .
And expanded with the DVC to include the Mariposa Pool but does not mention a childrens pool.
I have not been there in a long time .I think they did have a concrete turtle statue spouting water so maybe I am crazy and they removed this area . Sorry

Definitely no Mickey Shaped pool.

Pretty sure the turtle is gone now too.

HI.

Thanks.

Keep the room you have. The Theme Park view rooms can have any of the stuff you mentioned. They are also located in the most inconvenient part of the hotel. The woods courtyard is the perfect room type.

Keep the room you have. The Theme Park view rooms can have any of the stuff you mentioned. They are also located in the most inconvenient part of the hotel. The woods courtyard is the perfect room type.
Thank you. I will keep the reservation for the Woods Courtyard monorail view.
I was hoping you would answer! Thanks!

I haven’t stayed in many years but that is a hot tub jacuzzi style.

I seem to recall the kiddie pool was square shaped and was not close to the hot tub . Do you see anything else?
. This pool was good for a small child to play in with supervision, and not deep at all.

https://dvcnews.com/other-resorts/villas-at-grand-californian/vgc-maps-photos

I was looking at these photos.

It really doesn't look like a hot tub because I don't see jets and it's also under 2 feet deep. I just can't picture an adult sitting in 1.25 feet of water.

Okay...I didn't even think to go to youtube until now. I saw this walkthrough of the pool area. This was taken during the height of Covid, it seems. And it looks like the kiddie pool is between the "Fountain Pool" and "Redwood Pool."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter