Got myself in trouble on the DIS Facebook page

I’m a bad speller. Always have been. I don’t need someone to point out my misspelling on a pubic forum. It’s just plain rude. You most often know what the person is saying. Ignore and move on.

I get doing it when people are being jerks as kind of a rebuttal or dig, but not just to correct some random person on the internet. It doesn’t make you seem superior, just petty.
This isn't spelling. It's using the entire wrong word.

Am I the only one that finds auto-correct doing weird "correcting"? Unfortunately I can't think of an example but I have typed something one way and when I hit enter to send it, it changes a word to a wrong word or even to what looks like gibberish to me. Because of this, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt....plus I'm a terrible speller anyway. :rolleyes2

I’m a bad speller. Always have been. I don’t need someone to point out my misspelling on a pubic forum. It’s just plain rude. You most often know what the person is saying. Ignore and move on.

I judge effort. I'm horrible at typing. My right hand is faster than my left. I check my spelling before I hit "Post Reply". In this day and age, with computers and spellcheck, it's just plain lazy not to proofread. I guess I don't hold a lazy person as a credible source of information?

(BTW, this sisi how my tyaing looks twithwhen I don't go ack an check it.)

Busses vs buses, also

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/plural-of-bus

Both are appropriate, but buses is more modern.

Am I the only one that finds auto-correct doing weird "correcting"? Unfortunately I can't think of an example
I have a great one. When we were selling off merchandise from my old employer I had someone text me “I want to come and check out your melons” instead of neons. That could of been very awkward if we hadn’t been on friendly terms.

Don't you know that is the "European" spelling. :rolleyes1

They probably learned that the difference between desert & dessert (a food) is a second "S". So they think dining (for food) is with a second "N". ;)

Or maybe it's the Amish spelling.

dinning-jpg.396536

What's worse is that they are actually a candle store. :eek: :sad2: ;)

By “European” spelling I’m assuming you’re referring to the English spelling, as other countries have their own words for dining. I can assure you that in English, it is always spelt “dining”, and the people who spell it otherwise are spelling it wrong. “Dinning” is to make a din, AKA be very loud. Two completely different words.

By “European” spelling I’m assuming you’re referring to the English spelling, as other countries have their own words for dining. I can assure you that in English, it is always spelt “dining”, and the people who spell it otherwise are spelling it wrong. “Dinning” is to make a din, AKA be very loud. Two completely different words.
It's a reference to the Facebook post.

It's a reference to the Facebook post.

Some people don't get humor on the Internet.

It's another thing that can be added to the list that can go wrong on the Internet:

spelling
grammar
humor/sarcasm
misinterpretation of smileys

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter