"Good" vs "Bad" Menu nights?

abbyar

Mouseketeer
I've read some Trip Reports... it seems there is a consistency as to which menus people prefer over others.... so, lemme have it - what nights did you love and which did you hate! I think I've seen several people say that Pirate's night is pretty blah.
Here's what I *think* may appear on our December cruise:

Let the Magic Begin
Taste of California
Taste of the Carribbean
Prince & Princess
A/P Show Dinner
Parrot Cay Island Dinner
Lumiere's French Dinner
West Meets East
Villains Tonight (if I recall also gets poor review)
Around the World
Pirates in the Carribbean
Master Chef
Captains Gala
Til we Meet Again

Is there still a "Golden Mickey" night/dinner? Or has that been retired?

I've read some Trip Reports... it seems there is a consistency as to which menus people prefer over others.... so, lemme have it - what nights did you love and which did you hate! I think I've seen several people say that Pirate's night is pretty blah.

Let the Magic Begin
Taste of California
Taste of the Carribbean
Prince & Princess
A/P Show Dinner
Parrot Cay Island Dinner
Lumiere's French Dinner
West Meets East
Around the World
Master Chef
Captains Gala
Til we Meet Again

We had the Golden Mickeys on both our MR cruises (Oct & Dec 2011).

Food is such a subjective matter, it's not really going to be easy to say XXX menu is the worst/best. We've always been able to find something to eat on on all the menus, except the Til We Meet Again menu. We usually just have one of the lighter fare options off that one. Someone else probably really likes something on that same menu.

:cutie:

Yeah, food is very subjective. For example, my opinion is that the food stinks in general on the cruise; all of it is too bland and not very exciting. So it's hard to get a good consensus on what's bad or good.

I don't recall a "Golden Mickeys" menu. On the night of the GM show, they served the Captain's Gala menu, I believe. It could have been the Prince and Princess menu.

As above, food is very subjective. If you are into "Plain," you can always get a steak, chicken breast, or grilled fish.

And there is no way to guess whether the menus will be the same in December as they are now. There are minor changes that occur often. Major overhauls are more rare.

I've never liked the menu the first night in AP (on the Magic.) That's the night we usually do an early Palo (we always do late dining in the MDR) and still go to AP to dine with DD and her BFF. We STILL love to see the 'light' show!

I don't recall a "Golden Mickeys" menu. On the night of the GM show, they served the Captain's Gala menu, I believe. It could have been the Prince and Princess menu.

As above, food is very subjective. If you are into "Plain," you can always get a steak, chicken breast, or grilled fish.

And there is no way to guess whether the menus will be the same in December as they are now. There are minor changes that occur often. Major overhauls are more rare.

27zycmo.jpg

1y917a.jpg

Let the Magic Begin
Taste of California
Taste of the Carribbean
Prince & Princess
A/P Show Dinner
Parrot Cay Island Dinner
Lumiere's French Dinner
West Meets East
Around the World
Master Chef
Captains Gala
Til we Meet Again

On the April 8th Wonder, the Golden Mickeys menu was replaced with the Let the Magic Begin Menu. I was very disappointed. I loved the Crispy Raviolli from the GM menu :(

My wife and I don't care for the pirate night menu. I only eat one meal so I can get a turkey leg on deck :goodvibes

On the April 8th Wonder, the Golden Mickeys menu was replaced with the Let the Magic Begin Menu. I was very disappointed. I loved the Crispy Raviolli from the GM menu :(

Did you ask if this was a permanent replacement? It seems odd that Let the Magic Begin would be on the second night of the cruise.

I think Pirate Night was my favorite dinner of the whole cruise (BBQ short ribs). But I'm a more plain, meat & potatoes kind of guy.

The Golden Mickey's menu was not used on the Wonder last July. I missed which cruise and ship you are going on. The Villians Tonight menu also was not on the Wonder in July. The menu reviews will be different depending on who you ask. My family actually likes the Pirate night menu. I enjoy the seafood pasta and DD likes the Jack Sparrow ribs so much that when the head server came by on our three night cruise and asked if she could get us anything else, DD told her that she really wanted some of the good ribs. The next night the HS delivered them to our table herself. :)

I'm wondering if the back and forth use of the Golden Mickeys Menu might have to do food supplies (availability and their costs) necessary to do it?

Sorry - Sailing Wonder 12/9 EBPC. 14 nights! I know they'll be a few we skip the dining room. Trying to be strategic. ;)

I've never met a menu I don't like:rotfl:! The original Pirate Night menu was very "meat heavy" and I don't like a lot of meat. I've noticed that there are a few more other options on that one now, so it's fine. We usually schedule our Palo night for Pirate Night. We just aren't that much into Pirates, I suppose!

We've really never had a menu that didn't have something for each of us to enjoy. Our problem is that there are usually too many things that we enjoy and it's hard to choose, and if you don't choose, you're likely to get everything on the menu! My poor DH only did that once, and he did manage to eat just about everything!

Beth

Is there a place where we can see all the menus listed above? I had never heard of the dinners being named and want to see them all just to sort of prepare for possible things to order (kinda picky eater).

Thanks!

Is the Pirate night buffet after the fireworks only on the 7 night cruises? Did not have it on the Dream last month 5 night DD?

TIA Linda

Is the Pirate night buffet after the fireworks only on the 7 night cruises? Did not have it on the Dream last month 5 night DD?

TIA Linda

Odd. We had it on the 5 nt DD end of March.

We didn't think it was that great (finally tried a turkey leg) - nothing really special for desserts (making crepes - but they didn't look that great).

TIA Linda

Sorry, I'm confused. There's a buffet AND your usual dining room as options? Sorry, but when we did the Dream last year we had Palo on pirate night so just don't know how that works, nor if we should do Palo again this time on pirate night. DW is a vegetarian, so the pirate might menu doesn't excite her as much as Palo!

We do not care for the Pirate night dinner. With the festivities my kids always want to go. I live near excellent BBQ so that has a lot to do with it.

Jill

Sorry, I'm confused. There's a buffet AND your usual dining room as options? Sorry, but when we did the Dream last year we had Palo on pirate night so just don't know how that works, nor if we should do Palo again this time on pirate night. DW is a vegetarian, so the pirate might menu doesn't excite her as much as Palo!

Yes, the buffet is after the show and fireworks. You can eat dinner and then have the buffet later, if you wish.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter