Geyser Point at VWL

My wife and I took a break from the MK and went over to Geyser Point for lunch in March. We enjoyed it. While the food was just ok the beer was cold...............

It was a nice break and sitting by the lake was really nice. I can't think of a better spot to relax for a break from the parks.

My mom, sister and I grabbed a late dinner here last May and the food was decent but what made it great was the view of the lake and the serene atmosphere. And a great view of the water pageant!!

I can't wait to eat here again!

When GP first opened, they had a few excellent choices, such as the salmon BLT, fried oysters, and for breakfast, two different eggs benedict. Within a few months, the salmon BLT and oysters went away, and the menu was reduced even from that. Soon after, they shrank their breakfast menu, as well. And, just a couple of months ago, they did away with breakfast altogether almost--they now say something like "check with the restaurant each morning to see what options they offer." Actually, I'm not even sure they do that anymore. So, yes, I agree with the others above that the food is unremarkable--not bad, not great, just not memorable (though I will say the waffle fries were excellent last time I had them). The view and ambiance of the place is lovely, though. If you're headed that way, stop by. However, I'd not make a special trip there just to sample their fare and libations.

We really like it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. If you are staying there or want to visit the lodge one day, yes, definitely give it a try!

Food is meh, but the view is gorgeous. It was beautiful sitting there during our March stay, but personally (and based on a conversation with a CM), I wouldn't want to sit there during the heat and humidity of summer.

It’s more of a happy hour spot in my opinion, or to go option if you’re staying at the resort. We had drinks and apps from the lounge menu before heading to MK and it was wonderful. Shrimp in a wire, edamame, and the brisket dip which was killer. I do recommend it for this application.

We also did QS for dinner one night and everyone enjoyed their burgers. I wouldn’t go out of your way to visit and eat off the QS menu. It’s all solid but not worth a special trip since WL is somewhat out of the way.

It’s more of a happy hour spot in my opinion, or to go option if you’re staying at the resort. We had drinks and apps from the lounge menu before heading to MK and it was wonderful. Shrimp in a wire, edamame, and the brisket dip which was killer. I do recommend it for this application.

We also did QS for dinner one night and everyone enjoyed their burgers. I wouldn’t go out of your way to visit and eat off the QS menu. It’s all solid but not worth a special trip since WL is somewhat out of the way.

So is it part table service and part quick service?

So is it part table service and part quick service?
Yes to a degree. The lounge menu is only snacks, not a full service TS restaurant menu. They also don’t take reservations. The lounge is the open air part with a large bar and tables all around. When we sat down we were presented with lounge menus only, I didn’t ask if the QS menu was available inside.

There’s a QS counter just outside the entrance where you can order sandwiches and salads but again not sure if you can take that food into Geyser Point.

They just dropped a new menu, as well, and apparently have added a roast salmon (not sure about why you'd ever want to roast salmon), and I see that the fried oysters are still (have returned?) to the menu. Not saying the food will be better, but they do seem to have at least changed it a bit.

Our favorite "use" of GP is to sit at the Bar and watch a Game on one of the TVs.

The atmosphere and view are at least in the Top 5 of any Bar on property.:)

They just dropped a new menu, as well, and apparently have added a roast salmon (not sure about why you'd ever want to roast salmon), and I see that the fried oysters are still (have returned?) to the menu. Not saying the food will be better, but they do seem to have at least changed it a bit.
Nice that they have some more substantial options now.

We ate there in December and agree the food was o.k. but we wouldn't go out of our way to eat there. We actually went over to WL just to grab lunch there. We weren't seated on the water side so our view was the bar on one side and the villas on the other, not very exciting. I guess we could have asked to be seated where we could see the lake but frankly it was so windy that I was chilly as it was and figured the wind coming off that lake would make it worse. The service was decent, again not the best I've had but not the worst. The bar did a good job.

We like it, we've gone several times. If you are ordering QS, you order at the counter and pay, they give you a number for your table, they will bring your food to your table. You fill your own drinks. They bring the food out with silverware, it seems like a bit of a step up from regular QS to me, but YMMV.

The bar/lounge has a drinks and appetizer menu as well as bartenders who will provide service.

It is a nice view of the lake and surroundings.

It's a pretty view, decent service, low-key atmosphere. The food/drinks aren't worth the price in my opinion, but I would return. It's a pleasant break from the MK.

It's a pretty view, decent service, low-key atmosphere. The food/drinks aren't worth the price in my opinion, but I would return. It's a pleasant break from the MK.

The prices are the same as any other Disney location. If they aren’t worth it here they aren’t worth it anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter