** Getting to know you ** please post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great to see so many people contributing to this thread again!

Hello my name is Angela I am 19 years old and i come from Switzerland. Near the city Zurich. My English isn't as good as yours (of course not) but I hope you understand what I mean. And I also hope that you could see over my grammatical mistakes. (there must be hundret in this short paragraph)

Ok first of all i would say, this forum is great. I am reading here since 1 month or longer and today I am decided that i would be a part of it.

I grow up with the classical Disney movies. Cinderella, Snow withe and the seven Drawfs, little mermaid, Aladdin and so on. I love this films as I was a child and today I love them more than ever. My first trip to DLRP was in 1994 3 Days with my mother. In those days I wasn't interested at the details of this park. I loved the Barbies in the shops. But in 2001 changed my opinion about the Disney park. I was in Orlando and for one day in the magical park...Walt Disney World. Then I knew, I would see Paris as soon as I can. One year later I was there with a girlfriend and it was great. Since there I must be one time at the year in the park, better twice :)

Nice day Angela

Welcome to the DLP board Angela. Your English is excellent!! As you know we are all DLP and Disney fanatics and, like you, start planning the next trip as soon as we get home!! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Hello diberry thank you for your welcome. I read a lot of your reports and postings. I know this question is not for this tread but I don't know were I should ask this: ok I would like a ticker factory as you have, because my next trip is soon. If you could help me that would be great, thanks! :sunny:

Angela

Hi Angela, Welcome to the boards!! I think we have already met .........getting our tickers! ;)

Look forward to hearing all about your next trip!

Kaye

Hello Angela - welcome to the DIS, and the DLP board!! :wave2: BTW your English is wonderful!! :)

Welcome to the Dis Angela!

Your command of English is superb!

Hi Everybody,

I hate talking about myself - so have up till now resisted posting here - but have really enjoyed reading all about you all and am starting to feel a little left out.........so here goes.

My names Kaye I'm 37 and married to Davie[45] and we have five wonderful children [yes I know, all parents think that!]. We stay in the tiny village of Scalloway [I think my ticker looks like it!], you may have seen it on TV last week - we had an oil spill, it was all over Grampian but possibly this was only local. I woke up last Monday morning to see my husband staring back at me from the TV - which believe you me is not the best way to start the week!!!

I am a registered childminder and am currently setting up a daycare centre, Davie represents the Shetland Salmon farmer's Association and tolerates with some amusement my Disney obsession :love: .

Its funny you know, my background is in physics of all things [I can be a bit dry - according to some of my nearest and dearsest, they blame it on my very analytical approach] and I first went to DLRP for the kids - I honestly didn't think I would enjoy it at all. I wanted to cry, firstly when I arrived and then when I left - and now all I want is to go back again and again!!!

Anyway, I seem to have rattled on and all I can say is thank goodness for this board - because otherwise I would have no where to quell my Disney obsession and that would never do! plus everyone here is just so.......well disney which I think should be a recognised condition!!!

Sorry for going on

kaye :goodvibes

Hello I'm new around here (just registered), I found the address in the "Brits' Guide to Disneyland Resort Paris".

I'm Martin and live in the north-east of England. I'm 19 and currently at University training to be a teacher.

I've visited Walt Disney World twice and didn't discover how great DLRP was until 2004! I stepped into Disneyland Park and realised it was the best Magic Kingdom in the World. I'm trying to organise another trip soon and travel by Air rather than an 18 bus journey!

That's all I can really think of to say :rolleyes: .

Martin

bonhoga said:
Everyone here is just so.......well disney which I think should be a recognised condition!!!

Sorry for going on

kaye :goodvibes
Loved hearing all about you Kaye. It's quite unusual to "talk" to someone who lives as far north as you do - and who has 5 children!!! How old are they? Sorry if that seems nosy but I'm always very interested to find out about people's lives.
Just wanted to say that being described as "disney" is a wonderful compliment so thank you from me and everyone else I imagine!!

Martin said:
Hello I'm new around here
Welcome!!!!! :grouphug:
I'm 19 and currently at University training to be a teacher.
Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I spent 33 years as a teacher so I know what I'm talking about!!!)

I didn't discover how great DLRP was until 2004! I stepped into Disneyland Park and realised it was the best Magic Kingdom in the World.
You have excellent taste!!!
I'm trying to organise another trip soon and travel by Air rather than an 18 bus journey!
Good luck with that. You'll soon discover that that's all most of us ever do - go to DLP and as soon as we're back, start saving for and planning the next one!!

Kaye - I have Disneyitis too!! Nice to hear all about you :cheer2:

Martin - welcome to the Disboards :) Nice to hear from you - hope to see you posting more :)

Di - I have to ask - why??????

I have always wanted to be a teacher you see, and my long term aim is to re-train as one.

Thanks for the welcome! :wave2:

I've thoroughly enjoyed all of my teaching practice so far and have had huge enjoyment and satisfaction from teaching lessons. Maybe after 33 years I'd feel differently, but I really don't feel that way now lol.

Martin

:wave2: A big birthday boy welcome :goodvibes
Great to see a few more new faces to the boards.

Reid

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter