Getting sick of Amazon and delivery mess-ups

We've had little trouble with packages, but we have noticed that a lot of the shipping has switched over to Prime logistics. I don't usually order stuff that I actually need in the next day or two.

We did recently have one issue where it said the package had made it to our house but could not be left. What the heck? It was maybe $20 worth of stuff---not perishable nor dangerous (some part for a watch spring or something like that). We got an email that they weren't comfortable leaving it at our house? When, in reality, they just never came with the package because if they had rung our doorbell like for us to sign for a package, we would have known from our security system.

I also had one a few years ago, this was through USPS, where it told me the package was delivered, but I didn't have the package. I almost reported the seller and asked for a refund, but it turns out that the package came the next day. I think USPS was doing a lot of marking the packages delivered a day before they actually were.

I'm sure this is one of those things that vary from location to location. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that the Amazon delivery trucks are actually independent contractors. That's how FedEx is. Those white FedEx trucks making local deliveries to your house are probably owned by a private company, such as "John Smith Courier Service". They can be hit or miss.

For us Amazon is just about always, if not completely always, spot on with delivery.
Honestly, Amazon logistics can't be worse than FedEx has been for us. We are familiar with our USPS worker and UPS people in our neighborhood...generally good (with the exception of USPS marking things delivered a day early).
FedEx has just always been the worst. They literally once left $500 worth of limited edition lithographs in an empty trashcan and a post-it note that fell off the door (to alert us). They always leave the packages in the worst place or they won't deliver at all if you are not there and they don't reschedule, they just make you drive 20 miles to their center.

Our delivery is o.k. and the free shipping to our grand kids across the country is very convenient. However, our account keeps getting hacked. Yes, we have protection, but we have to keep shutting down the account, and it's getting to be more trouble than its worth.
We had a huge issue getting hacked, a $500 GSC was stolen and I was locked out. It took 4 months and about 24 hours in phone calls to get it resolved. Amazon will allow a not valid email to be attached to an account, and they don’t assign a case number to account issues, you have to start at the beginning of the story, the agent doesn’t see a history.

Only problem I have with amazon if I am suppose to get a package on a Sunday. The mailman will lie and say you wasn’t home and didn’t want to leave the package on the steps. Which is a lie they are just too lazy to come. Amazon deliveries when they use anything else has been excellent.

It turns out that Amazon Logistics it not really Amazon. Each truck is independently owned and as a result while some may get great service, some may get horrible service.

From https://logistics.amazon.com/

Yep, you never know what company is making the delivery which is a problem living in a gated community. I log onto our gate security and enter the name of the company making a delivery and date. With this Amazon Logistics crap I never know who it is and as they do not have "Amazon" on the truck like FedEx trucks do and they get turned away at the gate.

I ordered clarinet reeds and had them sent to school instead of home. When I checked the delivery details it said the package was out for delivery at 9:20 am. At 3:40 that afternoon I received an email that stated "business was closed so package was not deliverable." Many of us are there before 7 and our school day doesn't end until 4:10. Needless to say I was a bit cranky. I let them know that I was cranky and that if the delivery person was going to lie then he or she probably wasn't the right fit for the position. The reeds were delivered the next day.

I can do better than that. I manage a hotel. You know- front door always unlocked, desk staffed 24/7. I can't tell you how many times my delivery has been delayed because "the business was closed"

They left my chainsaw roadside, literally the edges of the box sitting on the asphalt of the road in the retail packaging, clear as day what it was. I thought good thing I came home early.
Earlier this week we ordered an exercise bike, they left it in my dads front yard, easily 30 feet from any structure, glad it didn’t rain.
It often takes 3 days instead of the advertised two but I can live with that as it’s so convenient.

I also had one a few years ago, this was through USPS, where it told me the package was delivered, but I didn't have the package. I almost reported the seller and asked for a refund, but it turns out that the package came the next day. I think USPS was doing a lot of marking the packages delivered a day before they actually were.

They do that here all the time. When Amazon ships FedEx to me, it gets processed at the end through USPS, and it says delivered and shows up the next day. Pisses me off. I get the "couldn't deliver" notification too. I've tried to catch them on it, but they are sneaky and "deliver" when I'm not home.

My area also just got Amazon local delivery a few months ago. The delivery issues have been excessive since. I had an order of puppy pads that I needed pretty desperately (if you know what I mean) that showed as delivered and they were not. When I called Amazon, a young man very apologetically told me that they were delivered a few streets away (there must be GPS on the vans). He said that the drivers are all independent contractors and it takes a bit to weed out the ones who won’t work out. But ultimately we will get same day delivery on some items so I’ll put up with a few mistakes :) And now I just order my puppy pads a few days in advance.

My area also just got Amazon local delivery a few months ago. The delivery issues have been excessive since. I had an order of puppy pads that I needed pretty desperately (if you know what I mean) that showed as delivered and they were not. When I called Amazon, a young man very apologetically told me that they were delivered a few streets away (there must be GPS on the vans). He said that the drivers are all independent contractors and it takes a bit to weed out the ones who won’t work out. But ultimately we will get same day delivery on some items so I’ll put up with a few mistakes :) And now I just order my puppy pads a few days in advance.
Amazon is just telling you what they thought you wanted to hear to get you off the phone.

I have found with my many complaints about Amazon Logistics that there is very little truth being told by Amazon or Amazon Logistics in the beginning.

One Amazon chat representative told me there was a form they could fill out that would opt me out of Amazon Logistics deliveries. Another Amazon chat representative told me that was in no way based in truth. That you cannot specify a preferred delivery partner.

One Amazon representative told me the same thing about weeding out drivers. Another told me that once a company gets an Amazon Logistics route there is virtually nothing they can do to lose that route. Amazon has no control over what drivers are hired, fired, or continue to work. That is all up to the individual Amazon Logistics company.

Basically UPS has spoiled us to what should a great logistics company and Amazon Logistics is way below that bar.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do we know whether our order is an "Amazon Logistics" order and is there any way to choose another delivery option?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do we know whether our order is an "Amazon Logistics" order and is there any way to choose another delivery option?
There is no way to choose.

Amazon Logistics tracking numbers start with TBA.

It seems a lot of complaints about Amazon center around delivery issues. Once they have shipped the item, it's on FedEx/UPS/USPS to handle the delivery. Any complaints about packages being left where they shouldn't, unless delivered by Amazon Logisitics, should be a complaint against the delivery company, not Amazon.

Now, we have had plenty of issues with Amazon itself. Things like:

-Place something in the cart on Monday, says 'delivery Wednesday', order item. Email says 'delivery Wednesday'. Item shipped on Tuesday, delivery now says 'Thursday' (both website and new email). Complain to Amazon, they say it's 2 day delivery from shipping date, not from date ordered; complain that it shouldn't say delivery Wednesday if ordered by xx time (which it was). Get free month of Prime. Rinse, repeat the next month. Ended up with over a year of free Prime.

-Ordered something as brand new, shipped by Amazon. Received used item, missing pieces. Contact Amazon, spend 4 hours arguing for a replacment only to be told it was a used item (not what the website or order email said), got partial refund and replaced parts missing.

-Ordered an item, stated it was a 'case'. received item, it was 1 bundle (printer paper). Contacted Amazon, they said I was correct, shipped out new item. Another bundle, not a case. /sigh Got refund, no more ordering case items on Amazon.

-Ordered an item, stated it was a 'case'. received item, it was 1 bundle (printer paper). Contacted Amazon, they said I was correct, shipped out new item. Another bundle, not a case. /sigh Got refund, no more ordering case items on Amazon.
I ordered what was supposed to be a 12 pack of something and only got 1. I returned the item and reordered. I received 1 again. It took a phone call to get the replacement order refunded at which time they told me to keep the one, gave me my money back, and took the item off the site until it could be corrected.

Amazon customer service is great for correcting mistakes like this.

They are horrible at taking responsibility for the delivery problems they have created by starting home deliveries via Amazon Logistics.

My Amazon orders are always delivered by USPS. My mom's in the next town over are usually by Amazon Logistics. Her stuff is always delivered by 9 am on the delivery date with a pic in pristine condition. Mine is usually a day or three late, always in the evening, put in weird places, and sometimes damaged.

USPS has somehow managed to bend a cardboard mailer (the 2" thick box kind that are about 9"W x 12"L) with books inside to fit inside my mailbox (the feat of strength with that one was actually impressive), of course bending up the books. I've had packages tossed under my vehicle parked in the driveway, without anyone bothering to knock on the door. I've had a case of a dozen 1.5 liter, thick plastic bottles of water show up with the box torn open and water logged, with one bottle missing and another with a giant gash and still leaking water everywhere. The worst was when I had a large box with an $80 baby bouncer dropped off late one night after I had set the trash cans out for the next morning. It was placed right next to the full trash cans out by the road. Thankfully, the trash men saw that it was an unopened box and pounded on my door at 7am to ask if that was really supposed to be out with the trash.

Whenever I've complained to USPS, they deny the accusation. Amazon just says that they can't help what the carrier does when they receive the product from them. I'm hoping delivery will be better once I move next month...

Question for anyone with a long, narrow, wooded driveway- do the trucks actually drive down your driveway to deliver large packages on your doorstep or just leave a card in your mailbox?

Amazon and the USPS must learn to deliver DIRECTLY ON THE FRONT PORCH. Where I live we have a communal mail box (which I new when we bought the house) but I still have a right to have mail delivered ON THE FRONT PORCH. I do not want to walk past the neighbors house every day to get the mail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!