Getting Palos

cgdmom

Mouseketeer
THings seem to have changed a bit since the last time we were on the magic. I keep hearing about people getting up at 3 AM to book their ressies for Palos. As a mom that has successfully gotten breakfast at cindy's at least once for each of our 8 trips to wdw you can see that I will do WHATEVER it takes to give Disney magic to my family. Soooooo---is it REALLY necessary to get up at 3am----is this a call in thing or a online thing? If we are traveling with category 3 people ( and have linked ressies) Can we book everything early through them? Are there any tips for getting what we need? are there any fabulous shore excursions that we have to book asap/ thanks so much! Jill

Yes, you really do need to get up at 3am if this IS your first DCL cruise. I found that by 3:10 everything was booked - in fact almost everything was already booked long before I could book.

Since this is not your first cruise with the mouse you may be able to be a little more slack on the whole thing but I would do it anyways or do it immediately upon rising that next morning. It is an on-line reservation system that opens at exactly 3 am on the date that is either 90 days or 75 days out depending on your status (and much further out for suites).

The people cruising in the Cat 3 rooms can book Palo for a grouping of 3-4 people to include you in their table, but they will not be able to book a separate table for you.

I found that all shore excursions were open when I booked at 75 days out at 3am but shortly thereafter many did sell out.

The Spa was also pretty skimpy at 3am on the 75th day out.

(P.S. - you may get more responses if you change your title to "Getting Palo")

You know, I am not so sure... My first cruise, I booked about 65-70 days out and got a 7pm Palo ressie wtih no problem. There were tons of days to choose from.
This cruise, I got up at 3am on day 90 mainly for Flounders. We decided not to do Palo this time. I just checked a few days ago (our cruise is May 4th) and there were plenty of ressies still available for Palo. I noticed the spa was pretty much gone.

Maybe it depends on when your cruise is. Both of our cruises are considered in the "slow" season (I think) so maybe that is why there is still plenty of times available. :confused3

It depends on what you want. If you want brunch or High Tea, get up at 3am.

But as many have read my sorrowful tale, you still may not be able to get it.
I tried for 2 straight hours and then off and on until 9 and I could not get a brunch.

If you want Palo dinner, I don't see a problem. Even 4 days after our 90 day mark, there are still ressies available.

From what I've learned
-do not use Mozilla Firefox for your browser.
-make sure your balance is zero
-make sure that you are marked as a CC member

The last 2-call the day ahead and verify this in a conversation with a CM. There is no one to talk to on a Sun. morning until 9am and that may be too late.

Does anyone know if they open up additional ressies at 75 days out for the 1st time cruisers????

I find this interesting and a bit sad. When we went on our first cruise - because we were 'in the know' :disrocks: we just showed up at Wavebands at the appropriate time and were able to get our Palo brunch and dinner no problem.

Now the online ressie rush is VERY reminiscent of the CRT ressie scramble. It will be interesting if they next start asking for a credit card and charging a cancellation fee. I would imagine there are a number of ressies that either get cancelled, or people just don't show up.

For me it is too bad - a good idea, but with holes now being experienced by us.

DCL does hold back some space for MOST things so that each time slot has some availability. A certain percentage of the Palo ressies, shore excursions, etc. is opened at 90 days, more at 75 days, and some is held until the cruise itself. Its still a good idea to book as early as possible.

I was unable to reserve High Tea online, but had no trouble reserving it when we got on board. At least, that was my experience in Sept. 05.

If you just don't show up at Palo, your room will be charged for the $10 fee per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter