GC Incentive if Housekeeping Declined? Update July 14 - Testing Concluded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like housekeeping coming in at any hotel. We take the trash out daily and exchange the dirty towels for new ones with a mousekeeper when we see one out. I would love a gift card in August!

IMO I think this incentive has some staying power.

But I don't think $20/night will stick around long.

I also don't think we'll see a blatant housekeeping charge any time soon. It'll just be buried in the continued pricing increases.

I dump the garbage from our room daily in the bigger can in the hallway or breezeway. There's usually one of those within 50 feet of our room.

Ditto.

We stay at Pop and walk to the end of any walkway or "balcony" and drop our small amount of trash in the can there.

Hopefully if more people decline housekeeping, arrival day rooms will be ready earlier in the day. :)

Why would you think that. If rooms aren't cleaned daily, they could be total mess come check-out day, meaning a longer cleaning is necessary before the room is turned over. Therefore, the less likely more rooms will be available for early check-in.

Man, I love me some housekeeping. Nothing better than coming back to a sparkling room (that I didn't clean) after a long, hot day at the parks....

But, hmmm...$20/day wouldn't be bad, either. That's 2 beers!!!

Hey all, here's another update for ya. I had to go to the front desk at Movies for another issue this morning but was able to sneak a peek at a chart they had for the no housekeeping incentive:

2 nights - $20
3 nights - $40
4 nights - $60
5 nights - $80
6 nights - $100
7 nights - $120
8 nights - $140
9 nights - $160
10 nights - $180
11 nights - $200
12 nights - $220
13 nights - $240
14 nights - $260

I didn't see anything beyond 14 nights.

As stated in a previous post, we received a $100 gift card for our 6 night stay which started last night. This wasn't offered for our Sports stay (6/21-6/27) so I wonder if this promo started in the past few days.

Hope this helps!

Hey all, here's another update for ya. I had to go to the front desk at Movies for another issue this morning but was able to sneak a peek at a chart they had for the no housekeeping incentive:

2 nights - $20
3 nights - $40
4 nights - $60
5 nights - $80
6 nights - $100
7 nights - $120
8 nights - $140
9 nights - $160
10 nights - $180
11 nights - $200
12 nights - $220
13 nights - $240
14 nights - $260

As stated in a previous post, we received a $100 gift card for our 6 night stay which started last night. This wasn't offered for our Sports stay (6/21-6/27) so I wonder if this promo started in the past few days.

Hope this helps!
Hmmm. So this is if housekeeping doesn't come into your room at all during your stay?

Why would you think that. If rooms aren't cleaned daily, they could be total mess come check-out day, meaning a longer cleaning is necessary before the room is turned over. Therefore, the less likely more rooms will be available for early check-in.

Exactly this - up to 14 days of junk to clean off the floors, sinks, bathrooms, trash sitting around? It will definitely take longer to clean than a room that was cleaned the day before.

2 nights - $20
3 nights - $40
4 nights - $60
5 nights - $80
6 nights - $100
7 nights - $120
8 nights - $140
9 nights - $160
10 nights - $180
11 nights - $200
12 nights - $220
13 nights - $240
14 nights - $260

Hope this helps!

Great sleuthing!
I will update the first post to reflect this info.
Thanks!

It's my guess that they are tracking behaviors statistically and will know the net increase in time to clean a room where there's been no housekeeping vs. the norm. It's also my guess that personality types may "dictate" that those who don't ask for housekeeping may keep a room "cleaner" or rather "more tidy" than those that don't... I'm sure the sociologists will have a field day.

Hmmm. So this is if housekeeping doesn't come into your room at all during your stay?
Yes, housekeeping will not come into your room but the front desk told me you can get fresh towels, toiletries etc. Not sure if this means you have to hunt down the housekeeping cart (which I usually do) or if they will leave a bag of towels on your door.

Not sure what we would be doing in our room that would require any extra cleaning. Like others have said, we barely make any trash, reuse our towels and exchange if needed. I don't think they change the sheets daily anymore in any case. We don't spend much time in our room and it shouldn't require any extra cleaning.

I'm tempted to switch my solo August trip from CSR to Movies for an extra $20 a night, in addition to the $130 or so it would save me. Sports would be even cheaper if it extends to there, since Movies only had a preferred room available. I have until July 14 to book the summer discount so I will keep my eye on this.

Last edited:
It's my guess that they are tracking behaviors statistically and will know the net increase in time to clean a room where there's been no housekeeping vs. the norm. It's also my guess that personality types may "dictate" that those who don't ask for housekeeping may keep a room "cleaner" or rather "more tidy" than those that don't... I'm sure the sociologists will have a field day.

I agree with this, we don't use housekeeping and when we leave our room needs a light cleaning. No different than if they did it daily. We pick up any trash, put all the empty bottles and such in the trash, etc. I straighten the room every day myself, I don't make the beds or anything like that but do pick up every day. I just don't like sitting around in a mess so even when I have housekeeping if I forget to put the DND sign out, all they have to do is make the bed and clean the bathrooms.

I hate to change posts that people have quoted already because then their posts are confusing. Hey, I'm just poking fun here, lol.
When I have done it, I just add a comment at the end of the post with the letters ETA = "edited to add" like this:

ETA: blah blah blah

Gross. I don't want to stay in a room after 14 days of no housekeeping! What if they spilled (or worse) something gross on the carpet and didn't call? And food left in garbage cans? Sure, most won't do that, but...

Sorry. People can be pigs.

I just don't get it. For me, having to hang around a room waiting for towels and toiletries to be delivered or hunting them down is way more effort than I am willing to put forth on my vacation when I am spending literally thousands of dollars and way more time consuming than having the room taken care of while we are out. We have three trips booked right now for two people that total over $17,000 in resort room only charges (we have AP's) and there is nothing that would convince me that money is anywhere close to worth it if I have to worry about ANY housekeeping issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter