Ft. Wilderness Cabins becoming DVC?

I'm definitely excited. I don't care if the rooms cost more, boarding our dogs is crazy expensive and we'd be able to take longer vacations.

Why does the article say that this "seemingly solidifies there’s no chance Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge will be built at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground."? I would think the opposite -- that Disney is still interested in developing a DVC resort at the Fort.
As I have noted before, Reflections as proposed in 2019 is all the way dead. Not that something won’t go there eventually (I’m sure something will), and maybe they’ll even call it Reflections (I hope not) but that project is dead.
Is this being DVC's 17th resort a hint that Poly towers will be same association as Poly1? Or do we expect the cabins to open up before Poly2 since this is 2024 and Poly2 is "late" 2024?
Yes. It’s clear as day. Also it never made any sense for a single building with a small number of rooms to be it’s own resort.
From the artwork, it looks as if they'll be about the same size as the existing cabins. It wouldn't surprise me if they're just placed on the existing foundation. They're just mobile/prefab structures.
That’s basically the only possibility given the timeline.

So they’re really going to be selling Aulani, Riviera, VDH, Poly, FWV, and possibly even VGF all at once? Why???

My thumbs up on this post explicitly excludes the last line, FYI (Go Buckeyes)
Finally! OH!

And, I agree... this was totally out of the blue... Was not expecting this at all... Seems so strange wtih Poly coming on next year, too. Totally different experiences but so much DVC inventory....

I think the biggest question is what dog themed movie the new DVC rooms will have in them. I’m sure DVC has gotten a lot of emails about allowing dogs, so this might be an easy way to make money right now.

Nope, that would have been the dog allowed Yacht Club rooms turning DVC

Is this being DVC's 17th resort a hint that Poly towers will be same association as Poly1? Or do we expect the cabins to open up before Poly2 since this is 2024 and Poly2 is "late" 2024?
It will open before Poly.

I think the biggest question is what dog themed movie the new DVC rooms will have in them. I’m sure DVC has gotten a lot of emails about allowing dogs, so this might be an easy way to make money right now.
Pluto ! And yeah I would do 50% pet friendly that will be the selling point with the outrageous fees in the NE for kennels

I don't its the beginning of DVC moderate. They will be billed as cabins so will have high point cost of at least a two bedroom and can hold 5-6 people + your pet. Look how much a cabin at CCV and the bungalow are ridiculously priced. They will probably add some fancy outdoor amenities to FW to tie it all together.
Not sure about that, points have loosely correlated to cash values and the cabins were definitely going for a good bit less than most DVC 2-bedrooms. Heck, they were going for less that 1 bedrooms...

I expect it to be between 1/2 Bedroom range...

So they’re really going to be selling Aulani, Riviera, VDH, Poly, FWV, and possibly even VGF all at once? Why???
The obvious retort is "why not?"

Disney rents out unsold villas for cash. It's not like they are sitting empty and losing money. Especially when it's a zero sum game like this; overall, this doesn't represent any growth in accommodations at Walt Disney World. They're simply being...reclassified.

Just today I was reading some social media posts from people anxiously wondering when they can make cash reservations at Riviera for 2024. In many cases, the odd criticisms and biases against certain destinations that exist here really don't extend out into the wild. If Disney is putting people in those unsold rooms, it's no-harm, no-foul. Where's the harm in Riviera taking 6+ years to sell out if they're still getting hundreds of $$ per night for the excess?

Plus it gives salespeople more restricted resorts to hype. We're probably a year away from getting confirmation of whether Poly2 and Cabins will be limited to direct buyers. But there's nothing stopping DVC salespeople from verbally implying that will be the case.

Nope, that would have been the dog allowed Yacht Club rooms turning DVC
Our last stay at YC (last stay before DVC) we were "upgraded" to a water view which put us in the dog wing. Never again. The people below us left their dog in their room all day and all we heard was barking and yapping the entire day.

Last edited:
Not sure about that, points have loosely correlated to cash values and the cabins were definitely going for a good bit less than most DVC 2-bedrooms. Heck, they were going for less that 1 bedrooms...

I expect it to be between 1/2 Bedroom range...
These however will be shiny new DVC cabins, not the old brown ones there currently.

The obvious retort is "why not?"

Disney rents out unsold villas for cash. It's not like they are sitting empty and losing money. Especially when it's a zero sum game like this; overall, this doesn't represent any growth in accommodations at Walt Disney World. They're simply being...reclassified.

Just today I was reading some social media posts from people anxiously wondering when they can make cash reservations at Riviera for 2024. In many cases, the odd criticisms and biases against certain destinations that exist here really don't extend out into the wild. If Disney is putting people in those unsold rooms, it's no-harm, no-foul. Where's the harm in Riviera taking 6+ years to sell out if they're still getting hundreds of $$ per night for the excess?

Plus it gives salespeople more restricted resorts to hype. We're probably a year away from getting confirmation of whether Poly2 and Cabins will be limited to direct buyers. But there's nothing stopping DVC salespeople from verbally implying that will be the case.
Aulani is the same - who cares if it never sells out. There is also a rumor that CC never sold out

Our last stay at YC (last stay before DVC) we were "upgraded" to a water view which put us in the dog wing. Never again. The people below us left their dog in their room all day and all heard was barking and yapping the entire day.
Oof - I will never stay there if there are dogs. The barking would drive me crazy.

It will be interesting to see what this means for ROFR trends going forward. Impossible to tell, but it does seem like a Disney will have a lot of inventory on hand.

I'm of the belief that Disney is perfectly happy with Aulani NEVER selling out. They make serious bank off cash reservations, and if you ever look at occupancy, the cash rooms sell out almost as fast as the declared rooms.

As I have noted before, Reflections as proposed in 2019 is all the way dead. Not that something won’t go there eventually (I’m sure something will), and maybe they’ll even call it Reflections (I hope not) but that project is dead.

Yes. It’s clear as day. Also it never made any sense for a single building with a small number of rooms to be it’s own resort.

That’s basically the only possibility given the timeline.

If Poly 2 is part of the existing association, will resale Poly1 contracts be able to book there? That is the million dollar question.

facebook twitter