French Quarter show pics here

It's you. LOL.

There are hidden Mickeys on the new bedspreads, curtains and even carpet. Happy hunting! (there are some clues in the main POFQ FAQ thread by the way). Photos-wise though, you'll need to check out some detailed photos with better colour balance than the one above.

Andre

:goodvibes Thank you! Looking forward to finding them! :)

Question: I was moved from POR to POFQ to accomodate my room needs. It is our first trip and DH booked it for me as a surprise. Will he like FQ's? He loves the Disney feel, we usually stay Pop Century. It appears to me in pictures that FQ's is a bit more Disney?? Is this true?

POFQ is much smaller than POR. POFQ is more romantic, I think.

The themes, of course, are different, and which you'd prefer depends on what you like. But you can walk between the two resorts (or take the boat), so you can always check out POR easily, or go there to eat or use the pool there.

Question: I was moved from POR to POFQ to accomodate my room needs. It is our first trip and DH booked it for me as a surprise. Will he like FQ's? He loves the Disney feel, we usually stay Pop Century. It appears to me in pictures that FQ's is a bit more Disney?? Is this true?

I would say that POFQ definitely has the Disney feel -- but in a more mature way than Pop Century. It is not as "loud" in terms of colors and decor except in the food court. The rest of the resort has a very peaceful feel to it, romantic as the pp said. I haven't been to any other resorts except POFQ but from looking at the pics of the value resorts, I would say that those resorts' atmospheres encourages "hurry up and go" while POFQ says "slow down and relax." If this is a trip for just you and your dh, I think you will absolutely love POFQ.

View from our room
36794_655791486630_18906191_37868322_2623923_n.jpg

Our daughter just LOVED to play with the curtain
40341_655791661280_18906191_37868337_5133851_n.jpg

Mousekeeping left us a surprise
39844_655791531540_18906191_37868326_657221_n.jpg

Buildings 5 and 6 walking back from Riverside
40485_655791776050_18906191_37868343_7801321_n.jpg

Looking towards Riverside
40065_655791506590_18906191_37868324_6463403_n.jpg

Love your view!! what builing did you stay in? BTW your daughter is soo precious!

View from our room
36794_655791486630_18906191_37868322_2623923_n.jpg

It's photos like this that make me smile when people pontificate that there's no point in having a water-view room at Port Orleans because you can't see it from the room anyway. Well that view certainly works for me!

Andre

Amazing photos guys!! I am sooooooooooooo excited!!!! So glad we ended up choosing POFQ now! How long does it take to walk to the food court at Riverside? We loved that when we were there in 2007.

mo x

Amazing photos guys!! I am sooooooooooooo excited!!!! So glad we ended up choosing POFQ now! How long does it take to walk to the food court at Riverside? We loved that when we were there in 2007.

Only 10-15 minutes, depending on where at POFQ your room is located of course - much quicker from building 7 than from 3.

Andre

We booked here for Aug. We were going to stay at riverside but sometimes i think we should switch back. Well my kids like the pool. They well be 15&14 at the time.

Love it. We book this hotel for our 1st WDW trip!! Soooooo excited!!!!!! A quick (maybe odd) question. Our flight arrives at 8:30pm and we are using magical express. So how long does it take to get to the hotel from the airport? How soon can we expect out checked luggage? Is it too cold to go swimming in October? I'm aware the pools are heated, but not looking to a massive hot to cold ratio. What are the pool hours?

Okay, so that was more than one question. I'm sure there is someone out there who would love to go on and on about this hotel.:thumbsup2 TIA

Love it. We book this hotel for our 1st WDW trip!! Soooooo excited!!!!!! A quick (maybe odd) question. Our flight arrives at 8:30pm and we are using magical express. So how long does it take to get to the hotel from the airport? How soon can we expect out checked luggage? Is it too cold to go swimming in October? I'm aware the pools are heated, but not looking to a massive hot to cold ratio. What are the pool hours?

Okay, so that was more than one question. I'm sure there is someone out there who would love to go on and on about this hotel.:thumbsup2 TIA

It takes about 30-45 minutes to get to your hotel depending on if you are the first stop or not. Your luggage can arrive anytime after you arrive. I believe they have up to 4 hours to deliver it. Arriving that late I might suggest getting it yourself. We arrived at 9pm before and didn't get our luggage until 1am.
As far as the pool hours... I am not positive. I believe midnight is the closing time. Not sure though. But no, it won't (or shouldn't) be too cold to swim in October. That is a great time to go.

It takes about 30-45 minutes to get to your hotel depending on if you are the first stop or not. Your luggage can arrive anytime after you arrive. I believe they have up to 4 hours to deliver it. Arriving that late I might suggest getting it yourself. We arrived at 9pm before and didn't get our luggage until 1am.
As far as the pool hours... I am not positive. I believe midnight is the closing time. Not sure though. But no, it won't (or shouldn't) be too cold to swim in October. That is a great time to go.

Thanks so much for the info. I suspected that October wouldn't be blistering hot, but still comfortable. Thanks for conferming:thumbsup2

Thank you to all of you who sent in the pics!! I changed from pop to POFQ and now I'm so excited to get there in May.

Thank you to all of you who sent in the pics!! I changed from pop to POFQ and now I'm so excited to get there in May.

i did the same exact thing for our july trip!
we are looking forward to a nice new room, a small resort, and hopefully good transportation!

okay, i need to see more pictures!!! this resort doesn't seem to wow me but we booked it based on it's small size and new rooms, now get me excited!

Really looking forward to our stay here in July, we've never stayed in a moderate before.

Thanks so much for the info. I suspected that October wouldn't be blistering hot, but still comfortable. Thanks for conferming:thumbsup2

If it was anything like the end of Oct. 2010, it was blistering hot and the pools were a necessity.;)

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest