Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on hold for almost 2 hours!!!!! Wow! I can't believe I would wait for this. Hopefully there will still be something left when they pick up.

Had time to get my boys up for school, get their breakfast ready, get them to school and came back home. After getting home I have fed the baby and he is watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I also made myself an omelet and cleaned up the kitchen!:lmao:

It is amazing the things you can do in a 2 hour time frame.

Congrats!!!

What number did you call I've been on hold since 7am on the dot, no busy signal and this hold seems like its going to last forever.

407-939-7639 I had to press redial over and over, took 90 minutes. Once I was on the line though, it only took 20 for a CM! I wish you luck!

Excellent question. My Verizon bill will end up looking like my student loans.

My guess is you told them you wanted to modify an existing reservation. Saying that puts you in a "non priority" line to talk with a CM.

Even if you want to modify an existing account tell them you want to make a new reservation, and when you actually get to a human then do what you need to do, modify your existing account.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to the Disboards! Thanks to the info here, this was my second year booking within the first few minutes that the September FD was open to the public. I checked online every hour on the hour from midnight on, and finally at 7:05am Central Time, I booked our two rooms at All-Star Music with FD for September (6 nights, 7 days)! We have a group of 7 people this time, our biggest ever, and knowing about the FD dates really helped make it happen for us :)
Good luck to everyone else on hold and online still trying to book their trips. pixiedust:

Curious about this too :confused3
THe NJEA convention is Nov 6-7 so look at the FD exclusion date and you'll be able to figure it out. Some parents take out the whole week... Since many schools close for Election Day (that's where the polling takes places in schools) some will take the few days after.

sweet baby jesus!! i finally got on HOLD!!!! haha :thumbsup2

and thanks again to Black!! you are the best!!! :goodvibes

The week of 11/3 - 11/7. Most schools are closed 11/5,6 and 7th for teachers convention, but our School District is closed now the entire week. Don't know if that is the new trend, but we'll see.

our school district has 11/5 half a day and off 6 and 7th.

You do realize by doing this you are taking away from someone else. Its one thing to have booked prior to FD being released as that room would not be included in the block but its another to have 2 FD reservations.

I'm not saying this to start anything just letting you know.

Thanks for the info, but I am not taking anything away from anybody. I have a non discounted room that I booked at the beginning of the year so I could book ADRs, then I booked a FD room today. Like I said, I couldn't even get through on the phone lines to just alter my reservation, and didn't want to risk not getting the FD. I also stated I would be calling later to release the non discounted room. So, I guess technically you are right. I am taking away a non discounted value room from someone that may call and want it before I can cancel when the lines die down hopefully this afternoon.

I did put in modify reservation and have been on hold for 2 :03, wondering if I should hang up and try back

Yeah, I forgot:

Thank you Black!!! I don't know if you're still reading this thread or not, but I for one am very grateful to you for all you've done. Because of you, I was able to be *on* it this morning. I had backup plans for my backup plans. LOL :lmao:

I do hope you're still around.:lovestruc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter