Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got CSR with FD standard room was hoping for preferred. But since POR Riverside is out we switched. Not sure if it the right decision or not to move to CBR instead. Any ideas?

CBR only has full size beds, so I think you made the right choice !

Ok so my TA couldn't get FD at the beach club :( but at boardwalk. Not sure how to feel. Plus, I'm afraid of clowns!

Booked Pop for 10/26-10/30 standard online with no issues. Best advice is if it crashes when you go to select a dining plan, just click on your cart and you can check out with the QS plan already added.

After 1 hour 20 min hold finally able to get thru. Had a wonderful CM Damon able to convert existing reservations for CSR 9/7/2014 - 9/14/2014 Preferred King to include the free dining. Best of a luck to all still on hold!

Just booked at All Star Music for Sept 17-Oct 1. Have to call later to get dining upgraded because that part was not working. Glad to have the reservation out of the way though :) Hope everyone has the best luck getting what they want. Goodnight all :)

Finally got through after 90 minutes of busy circuits and only 20 minutes of holding. What a nice CM! I cannot imagine having to work today with all the calls and requests! We were going regardless of free dining so already had a room picked out, and luckily nothing had to be changed. We are a family of 7 going to Old Key West in a 2-bedroom villa with free dining! FD definitely saves us money! Yeayyyy!!!!!:cool1:

Got CSR with FD standard room was hoping for preferred. But since POR Riverside is out we switched. Not sure if it the right decision or not to move to CBR instead. Any ideas?

Pay same price for both but you get Queen beds instead of Double at CSR... also CSR is just beautiful and the pool area is amazing for the kids....Be sure to check out the Maya Grill with that FD. CONGRATS!!!

Was able to book for a friend who had to be at work this morning. I got them in at Art of Animation, Cars Suite, September 7-12.

They are staying with the counter service meal plan.

My nerves are FRIED!

Is it okay to have 2 reservations? I didn't know that and booked Sports to begin with because that was my only option.

we had the cabins booked already, and just made a new one this morning, will cancel the other one shortly, not today no problem at all

Okay, I now have 2 packages booked. One at Sports for October 3-11 and one at POP for October 2-11. Here's to hoping that when I call later I can easily cancel the Sports reservation and knock the first day off of the POP reservation. :worried:

Finally got through after 90 minutes of busy circuits and only 20 minutes of holding. What a nice CM! I cannot imagine having to work today with all the calls and requests! We were going regardless of free dining so already had a room picked out, and luckily nothing had to be changed. We are a family of 7 going to Old Key West in a 2-bedroom villa with free dining! FD definitely saves us money! Yeayyyy!!!!!:cool1:

Congrats!!!

What number did you call I've been on hold since 7am on the dot, no busy signal and this hold seems like its going to last forever.

Is it okay to have 2 reservations? I didn't know that and booked Sports to begin with because that was my only option.

I don't know, but that is what I have right now. No way I am risking losing the free dining while waiting to get through on the phone. I gave up hitting that redial button. I did the same thing last year, and then just called when the phone lines calmed down.

on hold for 1 hour and 48 minutes, and i'm pretty sure I wont be able to add on the free dining to my reservation because the room I booked is completely sold out. :(

Pay same price for both but you get Queen beds instead of Double at CSR... also CSR is just beautiful and the pool area is amazing for the kids....Be sure to check out the Maya Grill with that FD. CONGRATS!!!

Thanks, after all my research my nerves got the best of me and forgot about the bigger beds!!

I don't know, but that is what I have right now. No way I am risking losing the free dining while waiting to get through on the phone. I gave up hitting that redial button. I did the same thing last year, and then just called when the phone lines calmed down.

You do realize by doing this you are taking away from someone else. Its one thing to have booked prior to FD being released as that room would not be included in the block but its another to have 2 FD reservations.

I'm not saying this to start anything just letting you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter