Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me about 40 minutes to get through and then I got an agent. I am all booked for 11/15 - 11/28, AS Music, FREE DINING (nothing like it). Good luck to everyone else waiting!!!

yahoo! got free dining November 15-25 at Pop Century! Only took me 45 minutes of busy signals and then an hour on hold! Actually more like and hour and 15 minutes. I had 2 phones going....I had been on hold for about 15 minutes when someone lovely person on here suggested choosing "new reservation" instead of modify reservation, so I used my dd's cell phone and called, I got through right away and was put on hold. a CM picked up after 59 minutes on that line, but my phone was still on hold after 75 minutes..so thank you to the poster who said it would be quicker to just choose the new reservation option! I am tired...I'm in Canada, I woke up just before 4 am and started calling. Its now 6:00am. thank goodness I don't have to work! But it was worth it... I LOVE DISNEY!!!!pixiedust: I hope everyone gets exactly what they want!

Thanks for the info, but I am not taking anything away from anybody. I have a non discounted room that I booked at the beginning of the year so I could book ADRs, then I booked a FD room today. Like I said, I couldn't even get through on the phone lines to just alter my reservation, and didn't want to risk not getting the FD. I also stated I would be calling later to release the non discounted room. So, I guess technically you are right. I am taking away a non discounted value room from someone that may call and want it before I can cancel when the lines die down hopefully this afternoon.

Sorry I misread your post but the op has booked 2 FD packages online today, one at POP and one at AS and that is taking away from the FD.

Excitedly waiting to hear back from my TA - I hope she was successful!! :banana:

Congratulations :thumbsup2 to everyone who has booked and Good Luck to those of us still waiting!! pixiedust:

I just want to clarify that the package that I cancelled was booked since August 2013 and didn't have free dining. I didn't have 2 free dining packages.

My DH and I already have a reservation for Oct. 19th-26th. We want to change it for free dining. If we book a new reservation through the website since I have been trying since 7:03 this morning to get through the phone lines and can't....what happens to the $200 deposit we already put down for the previous reservation since we would have to pay another $200 to book a new one?

After you cancel they will refund it to your booking payment type. It will take a day or two. Or that's what the CM told me anyway. :)

I did put in modify reservation and have been on hold for 2 :03, wondering if I should hang up and try back

I selected modify too and my call was dropped right when I reached the 2 hour mark of holding. So...I'm calling back needless to say.

Congrats!!! What number did you call I've been on hold since 7am on the dot, no busy signal and this hold seems like its going to last forever.
yes I would like to know the number too :). Been on hold over two hours and I'm starting to wonder if anyone will pick up

I did put in modify reservation and have been on hold for 2 :03, wondering if I should hang up and try back
Two hours? Eesh.
It's been busy, busy, busy and I finally got through {got through at 7am this morning but then was disconnected}...anyway, I'm on hold now but have to leave in 1/2 an hour for the kids "moo to you" field trip....

BOOKED! I was able to convince the website to work for me long enough to get our trip booked. I'll try calling tomorrow to upgrade our dining plan, hopefully I'll have better luck getting through.

SOOOOOO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Two hours? Eesh. It's been busy, busy, busy and I finally got through {got through at 7am this morning but then was disconnected}...anyway, I'm on hold now but have to leave in 1/2 an hour for the kids "moo to you" field trip....

Doesnt the school release field trips cut into disney planning!! Where are their priorities! Lol

Btw - When I look at my booking on My Disney Experience, I see the following:

"Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort-Standard View MYW Pkg + FREE Dining
2014 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2014 Table Service Meals - Child, 2014 Quick Service Meals"

My children are both 10+, so does anyone know what the "2014 Table Serivice Meals- Child" would refer to? Aren't 10yr old children considered adults as far as the DDP goes?

Also - I don't see the Park Hopper option here that I pre-booked...

I got through after about an hour and 15 minutes. AOA wasn't available, which was my first choice. Got CBR with an upgrade to deluxe dining.

The CM was super nice. He said that it's been crazy today, needless to say. I love talking to those awesome CM's. I often think I'd love that job-being the person to get the magic started for families.

I just want to clarify that the package that I cancelled was booked since August 2013 and didn't have free dining. I didn't have 2 free dining packages.

After you cancel they will refund it to your booking payment type. It will take a day or two. Or that's what the CM told me anyway. :)

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter