For Those Who Have Traveled On The Wish

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
Which deck was your stateroom on? Were you midship/forward or aft? Were you happy/pleased with your deck choice? If so, why? If you were not happy/pleased...why not?

Deck 9 near the forward elevators. We liked our stateroom & it's location and have the exact same one booked for the DVC Member Cruise in Sep 2023.
Was being near elevators an issue? Noise? We're DVC too but not booked on Member Cruise.

Was being near elevators an issue? Noise? We're DVC too but not booked on Member Cruise.
No noise. Our stateroom (9030) was on the stairwell side of where the stairs and elevators are and about 5 doors down the hallway. Being near the forward elevator was convenient for heading up to the quick service food locations and soda machines on deck 11 (by the pool).

1660679886603.png

No noise. Our stateroom (9030) was on the stairwell side of where the stairs and elevators are and about 5 doors down the hallway. Being near the forward elevator was convenient for heading up to the quick service food locations and soda machines on deck 11 (by the pool).

View attachment 694535
That does sound convenient. We're considering a cruise on the Wish but can't decide on a deck. Daughter wants to be on Deck 11 to be close to food and pools. But concerned about motion being Forward and if there will be a lot of traffic/noise due to its location. Was told not to be on Deck 10 because the pools are right above and you can hear everything. I'd like Deck 9 Midship because of less motion...hopefully.

We were in 8560. It was quite close to the Forward elevators, which was nice. I have seen other people say that much of the "stuff" on the ship is aft, which I agree with and it was a long walk. I missed having midship elevators.

We were close to the laundry but heard absolutely nothing. It was totally quiet.

I stayed in 6534 on the Wish. It was forward of the forward elevators but not near the end of the hallway. I really liked it. Even though it was over the gym, I didn't hear anything. I loved that I could just jaunt down the stairs real quick to get to the theaters, triton's lounge, luna, etc. Or jaunt up the stairs AFTER a show lets out.

If I did have a gripe, it was that it felt like my verandah was right over the outside promenade deck. Not a huge deal. I liked that the forward elevators let you out right at the Festival of Foods too. That was my go-to chow spot!

Hi, I have never cruised before, and dis boards folks have been great answering all my questions! I've been told several times deck 9 mid ship is good. Not having any experience, I went with their suggestions and just booked today on deck 9 mid ship (sorry I forget the # room).

We were on the Wish in Cabins 9666 and 9668. Ocean View 8B which was pretty far aft. I didn't mind the location but the only issue we had was we had a group member in a wheelchair and it was a long walk pushing the wheelchair on a new carpet. Other than that the location was fine. Would not have minded the walk at all if we were not pushing the chair. The room theme in 9666 was Tiana and in 9668 was Sleeping Beauty. The cabins connected.

cabin 9666 deck plan.jpg

We were Deck 6, midship. 6584 to be exact. No complaints, no noise, hardly any movement felt at all. For us it worked because it put us close to Edge on Deck 5 which made it easy for our 11 year old to get back and forth.

We were deck 9, Aft, 9624. Close enough to the aft elevators but not too close to hear the noise. We chose deck 9 since it is sandwiched between 2 decks with staterooms. Did not want to be over or under any clubs, lounges, pools, etc... due to potential noise factor.

We were on the Wish in Cabins 9666 and 9668. Ocean View 8B which was pretty far aft. I didn't mind the location but the only issue we had was we had a group member in a wheelchair and it was a long walk pushing the wheelchair on a new carpet. Other than that the location was fine. Would not have minded the walk at all if we were not pushing the chair. The room theme in 9666 was Tiana and in 9668 was Sleeping Beauty. The cabins connected.

View attachment 694606
We are in 9660 next week so it's nice to hear from someone who has been in a room nearby. Did you feel like it was a long walk to elevators, etc? I feel like it's far enough away to avoid noise but not so far that it's a hike.

We were deck 9, Aft, 9624. Close enough to the aft elevators but not too close to hear the noise. We chose deck 9 since it is sandwiched between 2 decks with staterooms. Did not want to be over or under any clubs, lounges, pools, etc... due to potential noise factor.

We were also in 9624 and loved the location! And the bumpout verandah! ❤️

View attachment 694535
We are in 9034, just 2 doors away when we cruise next September. Sounds like a good location.

We were on 10062 which was nearly equidistant to both forward & aft elevator banks. We were pleasantly surprised that the room was so quiet - sometimes on deck 10 there can be noise from the to-ing and fro-ing up on the pool deck. We didn't really notice the lack of a midships elevator, as our stateroom provided easy access both forward and aft.

Our room was a bump out and the (somewhat) larger veranda was nice, but it's not like we were going to play racquetball out there. There's enough room to stretch our legs, but not a lot more.

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise

We were 8 forward and it was great. There was rarely a wait for elevators and while we didn’t use the laundry (it is exceptionally nice though) we also never heard anything from it. It is a bit of a hike to the restaurants but it’s just an excuse for a second helping of bacon in the mornings.

We stayed in 9062 and loved it. It was at one of the bump outs so we really liked the extra room in the room and the 3 extra feet on the verandah. We had absolutely zero issue with noise. We we directly across from the staff access for elevators and luggage and heard nothing! We liked that it was a short walk up and down for deck 11. Only took the elevator when coming up from 3 or 4.C5F05571-019F-4D91-9BDF-2E5D7904D627.jpeg46A0EE1E-62B7-44BD-B6F9-91D1664A26B8.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter