For Those of You Waiting to Buy….

Different calculus for me on 2042 resorts because we are in are our late 50s with no kids. So, I had no problem paying $134 resale for BWV. I'm just hoping my own contract doesn't expire before my BWV contract does.
I think your own contract will be much longer term!

Different calculus for me on 2042 resorts because we are in are our late 50s with no kids. So, I had no problem paying $134 resale for BWV. I'm just hoping my own contract doesn't expire before my BWV contract does.
I’d say anything below $150 for the 2042s is still a good deal. Your break even is probably 8-12 years out depending on the resort. I keep thinking Disney needs to come out with a plan for 2042s but at $230/pt for direct prices they can just continue to kick the can down the road.

I’d say anything below $150 for the 2042s is still a good deal. Your break even is probably 8-12 years out depending on the resort. I keep thinking Disney needs to come out with a plan for 2042s but at $230/pt for direct prices they can just continue to kick the can down the road.
i venture we don’t hear anything until they decide what and how it’s coming back as a new resort.

Everything goes back to them anyway.

Standard BWV also is takes fewer points than most resorts so you can get further with points. I bet Disney can’t wait to update those point charts in 2042 or later if they rebuild.
Would there be any demand for it if they upped the point chart?

BWV point chart seems about right for what it is and where it is. It would be hard to justify making it more like Bay Lake Tower.

Would there be any demand for it if they upped the point chart?

BWV point chart seems about right for what it is and where it is. It would be hard to justify making it more like Bay Lake Tower.
I think there would be. IMO, the ability to walk to two parks is huge. This is especially true for me, because the MK is my least favorite of the four major parks.

We just bought BWV. We are in our mid 40's so some would say it wasn't wise... however, we absolutely love the Boardwalk and with the improvements going in there with restaurants and (hopefully) room makeovers, we know we're going to want to be there... So, even if we have to walk away with nothing after 20 years, I think we'll still be happy that we were able to get 20 years out of it! We plan to go 2-3 times a year so I think it'll be perfect for us. That said, I'm still hopeful that Disney will offer some renewal or extension incentives for existing owners when the time comes... but not holding my breath.

ETA - we also got a GREAT price on the contract and were not willing to go higher if it was ROFR'd. If it had been taken we were going VGF.
I've seen a lot of people say that they don't think they'll do any kind of extension because of the debacle with Old Key West.

However, with Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Boulder Ridge all expiring at the same time... I think they will offer extensions on at least one of those three.

Unless they plan to start reselling all of those resorts at the same time in the mid 2040's, which seems like it would be less than ideal, I don't see how they have much of another choice.

Even if it's just a 5 year extension, I bet a lot of people would bite as their contracts are about to expire. And for those that don't bite, they can try to rent as many rooms out on the cash side for a few years.

Sadly I sold my BWV contact to help fund VGF but definitely will book at BWV in future if I can. Probably no more standards will be available but with the extra points we bought we can pay for garden/pool view. Nothing better than being able to walk to two parks and not having to fold up our twin stroller.

I've seen a lot of people say that they don't think they'll do any kind of extension because of the debacle with Old Key West.

However, with Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Boulder Ridge all expiring at the same time... I think they will offer extensions on at least one of those three.

Unless they plan to start reselling all of those resorts at the same time in the mid 2040's, which seems like it would be less than ideal, I don't see how they have much of another choice.

Even if it's just a 5 year extension, I bet a lot of people would bite as their contracts are about to expire. And for those that don't bite, they can try to rent as many rooms out on the cash side for a few years.

The problem is that when the POS is amended to extend the ground lease, from my understanding it pretty much extends it for everyone who owns, even if they don’t pay.

So, it’s the reason it may end up backfiring on what they did for OKW as some owners get 15 more years without paying a dime except MFs.

It is why any original owner can’t sell without the quit claim deed giving it to DVD in 2042. If there is no QCD and no payment for extension to 2057, those owners are in a good position to simply still use those extra years.

There are many ways to deal with it. Turn part of both BC abs BWI into DVC, like they did for VGF and BPK…start sales on those and the. Declare the current villas into the new association in 2042.

I can see them making BRV a new phase of CCV and sell with that but extension? Just don’t see that aspect of it.

As stated, there are legal issues that limit offering extensions.

Also, if you really are associated with GT, I would expect a little more effort on the math side..

OKW = 531 Villas / 761 Max. Available

SSR = 888 Villas / 1320 Max. Available

AKV = 458 Villas / 708 Max. Available

compared to

BWV = 383 Villas / 532 Max. Available

BRV = 136 Villas / 181 Max. Available

BCV = 208 Villas / 282 Max. Available

BWV + BRV + BCV = 727 Villas / 995 Max. Available

It's "three whole resorts" but two are really really small - with the combination of all three still being smaller than SSR and only a little larger than OKW and AKV - and with arguably better locations.

The real question is what Disney is going to do when SSR expires in 2054 with the other giant resorts OKW and AKV set to expire in 2057. Now that is "less than ideal..."

I was waiting for Disneyland DVC but now thinking about it, will only be at disneyland 2-3 nights so wouldn't need that many points. Staying for a week at disneyworld is more common and now I am thinking I should get Grand Floridian while its still for sale.

What to do, what to do

How many points do you have at VGF and how many you thinking for DL? Im thinking 200 VGF and 100 DL

I have 58 SSR resale, 50 AUL resale, 150 GFV direct
Disneyland will depend on points chart and incentives

I have 58 SSR resale, 50 AUL resale, 150 GFV direct
Disneyland will depend on points chart and incentives
Hello,

I am interested in AUL for July of 2023. How many nights can I stay in a standard room for 50 points? THX

I would say recession proof, but heavily recession resistant. We all thought prices were going to fall with COVID and that didn’t happen. Agree, that a recession will have a big impact but there still seems to be a lot of folks spending on DVC. Planes are packed with $600 flights. To me, the next slow down will impact different groups differently. It does seem like the hockey stick of pricing has to slow….
Actually, there was a price drop attributable to COVID.
I picked up 2 add-on contracts in 2020 (AKV @ $125 & BCV @ $140)
I'm hoping for another dip, to buy more BCV.
After staying there just once, we are in love with the location & amenities.

Prices are starting to ease and sellers are starting to pay the dues at closing… the market isn’t soft yet but it’s showing the first signs of weakening.

When we start getting to the middle of the year, we do see sellers begin to pick up dues since those are based on calendar year and not points per se. So, I am not surprised to see sellers offering that at this point. By the time it closes, the year is half over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!