Food & Wine Festival Question

CoachBeard

Mouseketeer
As I sit here with some down time at work budgeting food and drink potential costs for my trip, I just found out that Food & Wine menus have been released. This will be my first time going there during F&W.

What are the approximate costs for food items and alcoholic beverages at the various carts? I understand each one will be different but I’m budgeting a ballpark. I know the food is served in typically smaller portions so do they range from say $8 to $12? Or??? How much is a beer there compared to elsewhere? What does a specialty cocktail cost say, like the salty dog cocktail at the fry basket booth?

Thanks so much! Just looking for maybe a median or average over all the kiosks per item.

It ranges but on the low end, around $5-6 and on the high end, $12. Most are $7-10 for food. Desserts could be $4-5 for many things. Cocktails are a bit more. We figure 2-3 small plates per person (shared, but the math works roughly that way) if you intend for F&W to be an entire meal. You will see prices on the first day to make it easier to guestimate what you will spend. Also, some items are a better value/bigger portion than others. Last year, for example, the poutine was a meal by itself.

75% of my non-breakfast meals usually come from the booths. I don't eat large portions so they are perfect for me. For budgeting purposes, they sell gift cards that are on wrist bands, you can pre-load those. Each time you use it, the amount left is on your receipt. You can also use them anywhere else that is Disney owned like gift shops and restaurants.

Little off topic but I read a suggestion by someone on the boards before my last trip (March so Flower and Garden had just begun) about an app called "WDW Food&Wine". I have an iPhone so I know it's available there. It's pretty cool to have as it will list the menu's for each of the booths and you can mark some as favorites ahead of time and then once at Epcot sort by that list for your "must try's". Eventually it will update with the prices once they are known so not really a budgeting tip like you're looking for but something I thought was useful. It also has a pretty cool map feature to show you where all the booths are.

My wife and I are the same and always try to plan ahead what we think we'll spend on food and buy gift cards ahead of time for the extra points and to try and stick to that amount. Have fun and enjoy your upcoming trip!

Little off topic but I read a suggestion by someone on the boards before my last trip (March so Flower and Garden had just begun) about an app called "WDW Food&Wine". I have an iPhone so I know it's available there. It's pretty cool to have as it will list the menu's for each of the booths and you can mark some as favorites ahead of time and then once at Epcot sort by that list for your "must try's"
I have that app loaded on my iPhone as well. I did a check of the google play store and it's also available for Android devices.

For budgeting purposes, they sell gift cards that are on wrist bands, you can pre-load those. Each time you use it, the amount left is on your receipt. You can also use them anywhere else that is Disney owned like gift shops and restaurants.

I second the GC on the bands, we usually get them to help having to avoid constant card swiping and it's just easier to keep it around your wrist. We will usually burn through it pretty fast but we prefer having two (or three...oops) transactions on our statement than 25 for one or two days of eating.

Little off topic but I read a suggestion by someone on the boards before my last trip (March so Flower and Garden had just begun) about an app called "WDW Food&Wine". I have an iPhone so I know it's available there. It's pretty cool to have as it will list the menu's for each of the booths and you can mark some as favorites ahead of time and then once at Epcot sort by that list for your "must try's". Eventually it will update with the prices once they are known so not really a budgeting tip like you're looking for but something I thought was useful. It also has a pretty cool map feature to show you where all the booths are.

My wife and I are the same and always try to plan ahead what we think we'll spend on food and buy gift cards ahead of time for the extra points and to try and stick to that amount. Have fun and enjoy your upcoming trip!
Just downloaded it and it will help me a lot! Thanks!

I second the GC on the bands, we usually get them to help having to avoid constant card swiping and it's just easier to keep it around your wrist. We will usually burn through it pretty fast but we prefer having two (or three...oops) transactions on our statement than 25 for one or two days of eating.
This is my major reason for buying them, don't like those small charges on my cc and it is easier to just hold up my arm instead of digging for a card or cash.

I have that app loaded on my iPhone as well. I did a check of the google play store and it's also available for Android devices.
I've used that app on an android for several years. It updates as menus are released for each festival. Really easy to use.

Magic bands take gift cards now? I don't think I ever knew this. Do you load them on mde?

Magic bands take gift cards now? I don't think I ever knew this. Do you load them on mde?
No poor choice of words on my part, there are small plastic festival gift cards that are connected to a wristlet/plastic band that you wear and can load money on and redeem at festival booths. Did not mean magic bands.

No poor choice of words on my part, there are small plastic festival gift cards that are connected to a wristlet/plastic band that you wear and can load money on and redeem at festival booths. Did not mean magic bands.
Aahh. Thanks. Where do you buy them? It would be great for my kids.

Little off topic but I read a suggestion by someone on the boards before my last trip (March so Flower and Garden had just begun) about an app called "WDW Food&Wine".
I love this app! I've used it for 3 different festivals now and *finger crossed* will be using it again in October.

I will be traveling with my two youngest sons ages 17 and 13. They will both have a magic band. I believe I set it up so that they can charge things with their magic band. I think they just need to know the 4 digit pin. Does that sound right? I'm assuming that they can use their magic band at the food and wine booths as well? At least that's what I'm hoping because I want us to be able to split up and stand in separate lines.

I will be traveling with my two youngest sons ages 17 and 13. They will both have a magic band. I believe I set it up so that they can charge things with their magic band. I think they just need to know the 4 digit pin. Does that sound right? I'm assuming that they can use their magic band at the food and wine booths as well? At least that's what I'm hoping because I want us to be able to split up and stand in separate lines.
Yes, they can have their own pin. This will charge back to your resort room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter