More animal photos, and guess what? They aren't all animal butts.

1664324767593.png
1664324804312.png

1664324827292.png

It looks like they were all having breakfast too.

A few more photos of the beautiful lobby as we made our way to the bus stop.

1664324902015.png

1664324926101.png

Kidani really is such a beautiful resort.

I took this lovely photo of Michelle while we were waiting for the bus. Can you guess who she is bounding? Don't you just love the mask?
1664325015619.png

Michelle carried the most stuff, so of course she set off the metal detector. She was checked every time we went through security.
1664325067676.png

I do have to say, I really love the park entrance now that they don't check every bag. We now have it down pat, hold your phone, umbrella, battery charger and metal cases out in front as you go through the metal detector.

Don't worry, Michelle did not carry that bag all day. We put it in a locker. This was our change of clothes for later in day once we were tired of stinking.

Once our extras were put away, we made a beeline for Frozen Ever After. Michelle had never ridden this ride.

1664325308916.png
1664325335585.png

1664325386568.png

These pictures were all taken before 10:45 am, so we were let in early. I remember this being one of the measure they were doing to prevent crowds forming.

I'm going to stop here. Next up will be our one and only ride of the day.

Last edited:
Hoping everyone stays safe your side of the Atlantic. Glad Danielle is well informed about what to do and is able to be organized just in case they are hit hard by the storm.
Organisation clearly runs in your family what with Michelle bringing the changes of clothes for you all. I am rubbish at guessing disney bounds but my first thought was figment because of the purple top so I’ll go with that 😂
We had lots (& lots) of Epcot time on our summer trip and it was noticeably busier on the weekends.
It is my favourite park though so I’m always happy to just wander about and take in the atmosphere.

I'm so glad that your daughter has some hurricane experience under her belt, so she is well prepared for Ian. I'm hoping and praying for everyone to be safe wherever they are in this storm's path.

So exciting that she will be able to come home in a few weeks, too!!

So nice that Danielle will be coming home for a visit! I'm sure you all miss her and she misses home.

My son and his fiancee were home this past weekend, and we had all these plans to visit wedding venues, and I got stupid Covid! After 2 1/2 years of evading, it finally caught up to me - there's never a good time, but I was so bummed to miss all the fun. I had a mild case, so that's something to be thankful for!!

It's so interesting to go back to the time period when things were so different - short park hours, limited food offerings, masking... It seems a long time ago now. Kidani is a beautiful resort and you got some great photos!

Oh, and my guess for Michelle's bounding is Esmerelda (Hunchback), based on the earrings and flowy skirt...

A few weeks later it was announced that AOA would not open in time so we were offered another move. Since this was our second move we were upgraded to Kidani and given a $100 gift card!!!
I'd take that trade any time!
I know I started this report with the sad story of Danielle's abrupt ending to her DCP when Covid shut the parks and world down. I wanted to make sure everyone knew we did have a happy ending.
That's great to know!

Also... Jimmy's mask! HA!
I mean, I'm glad that we don't have to wear masks any more... but that mask is awesome!
This is what a socially distanced Pirates of the Carribbean line looks like
I kind of wish we could go back to that. I like my personal space. :rotfl2:
JP says he'll ride it again when he's 18. It was a bit much for him.
Hey, gotta give the kid credit for going for it and giving it a shot!

he only bathroom was out of the restaurant and across the lobby and JP decided he needed to go back and forth. By the 3rd time she said she'd take him alone... I go check on them and she's cleaning him because he had puked in his mask from the heat exhaustion.
Oh, no... Poor guy. I'm glad it was handled so well by both.
I thought it was cute but it has taken me a few rides to really appreciate it. I still miss the Great Movie Ride.
I'm excited to see all the changes that have happened since my last trip, this among them. I have always had a love/hate with GMR. It scared the crap out of me as a kid. We were there I think 1 or 2 years after MGM opened so I wasn't very old, but I remember I didn't sleep well and was having nightmares for the last few nights of our vacation because of that ride. The aliens and the gangster scared me more than any other ride ever has. But over time I came to appreciate it for what it was and the representation of Hollywood that that park was. I kind of miss that. I'm excited about Star Wars and the Railway, but I miss old MGM Studios too.
Danielle officially graduated from the Hospitality Program on June 9th.
Congratulations Danielle!
We were soon seeing this. This was our first fall trip so we were all excited to see the decorations.
I love the fall decorations. At least the pictures of them. Not sure I'll ever get to see them in person.
Lots of jokes about how flighty she is was made while we waited for her and once she got back in line. We had lots of great interaction with the CMs and the other guests for as long as we were dressed.
Way to commit to the character, Danielle!
We let Danielle do the honors of checking us in. She also checked to see if anyone she knew was working.
That's really fantastic. I'm glad she got to go back to CRT and was able to see at least a couple of old friends. I'm sure at the time it was probably a bit of closure after the way she had to abruptly leave.
She spends her days off doing adulting, cleaning, grocery shopping and washing clothes.
And she thought working at Disney World would be all fun and games. Welcome to being a responsible adult.
She and 3 friends R, S, and T are all going to Disneyland! I'm jealous but also very happy for her. We have never been so this is a big deal. They are staying with T's family who live nearby. R's family will be there too. They are coming for D23 Expo too. They plan on doing the parks and a few things in the area.
Oh, that is a fantastic opportunity!!
He wants Blue Milk and doesn't want to ride Slinky Dog. He still has memories from their Labor Day weekend trip from 2020.
:lmao::rotfl2:
Danielle will be finishing up her DL vacation and heading back to Orlando tomorrow.
That really looks like a fun trip! Great pictures! I love Disneyland. It's so much like Disney World, yet so different. I'm glad she was able to experience that!
We now had to make a choice. We could try and grab some food at Pecos Bills or ride BTMRR. We had just enough time to jump in the line for BTMRR before close, so of course we chose to forgo the food for a night time ride on The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness.
You made the correct choice. Always pick BTMRR. Especially for a night ride!
When we returned to Kidani we stopped in the store to get some food from the grab and go. I had a turkey sandwich, chips and a water. Michelle had yogurt and fruit and Danielle had a frozen spaghetti dinner. I did use my AP discount so we at least saved some money. Not the best meal but it filled our tummies. I think this was my biggest complaint for this trip, the lack of food choices and what was available closed so early.
It's edible. It fits the bill. Definitely worth the sacrifice in food quality for another ride.
Danielle and her fellow CMs are all preparing for Ian.
I hope she stays safe! It looks like she is very well prepared for it.
Don't worry, Michelle did not carry that bad all day. We put it in a locker
Honestly, my first thought when I saw that picture was that I hope she doesn't have to carry that around the park. That would be brutal!

Hoping everyone stays safe your side of the Atlantic. Glad Danielle is well informed about what to do and is able to be organized just in case they are hit hard by the storm.

We've texting and calling on and off today. The wind are just starting to pick up. I'm praying they all stay safe too. It will be a long day, night and day for them. The storm waiting is usually long.

Organisation clearly runs in your family what with Michelle bringing the changes of clothes for you all. I am rubbish at guessing disney bounds but my first thought was figment because of the purple top so I’ll go with that 😂

We do do organization well in this family. That's a good guess on her bound but she was going for Ariel. I think I have better pictures later.

We had lots (& lots) of Epcot time on our summer trip and it was noticeably busier on the weekends.
It is my favourite park though so I’m always happy to just wander about and take in the atmosphere.

We love Epcot too but when you come from being isolated and distancing to people being everywhere it was jarring. Now that we have moved forward it doesn't bother us.

I'm so glad that your daughter has some hurricane experience under her belt, so she is well prepared for Ian. I'm hoping and praying for everyone to be safe wherever they are in this storm's path.
Thank you for your prayer. The whole state of Florida is at risk so they all need it.

So exciting that she will be able to come home in a few weeks, too!!
We are all so excited! Making lots of good food plans. She wants some charbroiled oysters, jumbo and Mississippi Mud Pie.

So nice that Danielle will be coming home for a visit! I'm sure you all miss her and she misses home.

We're thrilled. I know she wants to visit but really likes where she is now.

My son and his fiancee were home this past weekend, and we had all these plans to visit wedding venues, and I got stupid Covid! After 2 1/2 years of evading, it finally caught up to me - there's never a good time, but I was so bummed to miss all the fun. I had a mild case, so that's something to be thankful for!!

Oh noo! I haven't had it yet that I know of. Danielle just texted us to let us know she has Covid. She just did an at home test. Her proprietor had it last week. This is her second go at it. She is just complaining of a bad sore throat. She says she doesn't feel near as bad as she did last go around.

It's so interesting to go back to the time period when things were so different - short park hours, limited food offerings, masking... It seems a long time ago now. Kidani is a beautiful resort and you got some great photos!

It really is so very different. Seems more like a dream.

Oh, and my guess for Michelle's bounding is Esmerelda (Hunchback), based on the earrings and flowy skirt...

Very good guess, but she was going for Ariel. The flowy skirts are her fins.

I'd take that trade any time!
:welcome:Andy! I'm so happy you're back on the boards. When are you going back? I need details.

And yes, we were thrilled with the trade up in rooms.

I mean, I'm glad that we don't have to wear masks any more... but that mask is awesome!

It really was a great mask and he wore it well.

I kind of wish we could go back to that. I like my personal space. :rotfl2:

I miss the extra space and less crowds too.

I'm excited to see all the changes that have happened since my last trip, this among them. I have always had a love/hate with GMR. It scared the crap out of me as a kid. We were there I think 1 or 2 years after MGM opened so I wasn't very old, but I remember I didn't sleep well and was having nightmares for the last few nights of our vacation because of that ride. The aliens and the gangster scared me more than any other ride ever has. But over time I came to appreciate it for what it was and the representation of Hollywood that that park was. I kind of miss that. I'm excited about Star Wars and the Railway, but I miss old MGM Studios too.

You have so much new to see and do. Michelle and Danielle were both scared on GMR but came to love it too.
I miss the vibe MGM Studios use to give too.

Congratulations Danielle!

Thank you!

I love the fall decorations. At least the pictures of them. Not sure I'll ever get to see them in person.

This was our first visit. I really miss seeing them this year. Someday you'll make it there in the fall.

Way to commit to the character, Danielle!

She really played her well.

That's really fantastic. I'm glad she got to go back to CRT and was able to see at least a couple of old friends. I'm sure at the time it was probably a bit of closure after the way she had to abruptly leave.

She really enjoyed her visit with her old CMs.

And she thought working at Disney World would be all fun and games. Welcome to being a responsible adult.

She hates adulting. It was a hard choice for her to continue with the leadership program and not just be a part time employee.

That really looks like a fun trip! Great pictures! I love Disneyland. It's so much like Disney World, yet so different. I'm glad she was able to experience that!

She loved it! It was good for her to be a newbie and a guest. She needed to experience that again after being a Magic Maker for over a year.

You made the correct choice. Always pick BTMRR. Especially for a night ride!

I thought so too!

It's edible. It fits the bill. Definitely worth the sacrifice in food quality for another ride.

Exactly!

Honestly, my first thought when I saw that picture was that I hope she doesn't have to carry that around the park. That would be brutal!

I'm sure you've done your share of carrying the heavy bags.

:welcome:Andy! I'm so happy you're back on the boards. When are you going back? I need details.
Thanks... it truly is good to be back and see some familiar faces once again. It has been hard for me to come here the past few years. Partly because I've become more busy with some new responsibilities at work and packed schedules with the kids. But I kind of also lost a little bit of excitement about Disney due to some of the many changes that seem to be less guest friendly and the fact that we didn't have a trip planned or really any time on the horizon.

Fast forward to this summer... DS is in Jr High now and is involved in 4-H and FFA. We've been doing the local county fair for a few years, but we spent a week this summer at a National cattle show. He's all in on working with his cattle now and wants to do more next year. We have that, DD's horses and both of them involved in sports at all times of year. But DW and I just wanted to still find a way to have a family vacation because we really didn't get to do anything this year. We were supposed to go to WDW in 2021 with my parents and siblings, but shifted it to a cabin in Gatlinburg with just my parents instead due to the fact that we didn't all want to spend the money for a big, blow out type trip when not everything was necessarily open and rules/procedures were changing all the time. My parents ended up going to WDW with one of my sisters and her family last December. It was kind of last minute and we were invited and briefly considered joining, but declined for a number of reasons. It just happened last week that DW and I were looking at our schedule for next summer trying to figure out what/when/where we might be able to fit in a vacation with our work schedules, the kids' sports schedules and still make time to go to Wisconsin for a cattle show. She mentioned spring break and 2 days later, we booked a WDW trip. A day later my Mom and Dad booked a trip to join us and my youngest sister and her husband booked one too. Hopefully my other sister and her family can join, but she isn't too optimistic after they went last December and will be going to Hawaii this December. No real long term planning has gone into any of this. I feel like I know nothing so I'm trying to scope TRs and information on the boards to figure out what I'm doing! But it has reignited my excitement about Disney so I'm having fun with it. I'm here to enjoy the TR, but I'm looking to steal any tips and tricks that I can! :rotfl2:

Fast forward to this summer... DS is in Jr High now and is involved in 4-H and FFA. We've been doing the local county fair for a few years, but we spent a week this summer at a National cattle show. He's all in on working with his cattle now and wants to do more next year.
Sorry to bust into this trip report as a long time lurker, but I just wanted to say "hi" to another 4-H parent. Cattle shows (and their care in the off season) has cut into our vacation time as well. What breeds are you involved in? We have Angus beef cattle and Holstein and Brown Swiss dairy cattle.

Hello from a lurker to everyone else. I love your family centric trip reports.

Last edited:
How great that Danielle gets to come home in October! I'm sure you're counting down the days until she gets there.

Uh-oh, sounds like Epcot took a toll on you all this day. It happens to the best of us. And seeing as you were contending with masks and social distancing and new rules, I'm sure it wasn't easy navigating the park!

You gotta get those big metal objects in front of you, otherwise you'll get dinged for bag check every time. Learned that the hard way. :rotfl:

Thanks... it truly is good to be back and see some familiar faces once again. It has been hard for me to come here the past few years. Partly because I've become more busy with some new responsibilities at work and packed schedules with the kids. But I kind of also lost a little bit of excitement about Disney due to some of the many changes that seem to be less guest friendly and the fact that we didn't have a trip planned or really any time on the horizon.

I can really understand this. There have been lots of times when we had no trip on the horizon so it made it hard to be on the boards. Kids schedules rule the world when they are young. Someday you'll be like me and have more freedom. My kids are spaced apart. My oldest (son) is almost 5 years older than Michelle, and Michelle is 9 years and 2 days older than Danielle. It took a LONG time before my schedule was freed up some.

Fast forward to this summer... DS is in Jr High now and is involved in 4-H and FFA. We've been doing the local county fair for a few years, but we spent a week this summer at a National cattle show. He's all in on working with his cattle now and wants to do more next year. We have that, DD's horses and both of them involved in sports at all times of year. But DW and I just wanted to still find a way to have a family vacation because we really didn't get to do anything this year.

There it is, the busy kids schedule. Good for you trying to find time for a family vacation.

We were supposed to go to WDW in 2021 with my parents and siblings, but shifted it to a cabin in Gatlinburg with just my parents instead due to the fact that we didn't all want to spend the money for a big, blow out type trip when not everything was necessarily open and rules/procedures were changing all the time. My parents ended up going to WDW with one of my sisters and her family last December. It was kind of last minute and we were invited and briefly considered joining, but declined for a number of reasons.

A cabin in Gatlinburg sound fabulous. Dennis want to do a trip there for just the two of us.

It just happened last week that DW and I were looking at our schedule for next summer trying to figure out what/when/where we might be able to fit in a vacation with our work schedules, the kids' sports schedules and still make time to go to Wisconsin for a cattle show. She mentioned spring break and 2 days later, we booked a WDW trip. A day later my Mom and Dad booked a trip to join us and my youngest sister and her husband booked one too. Hopefully my other sister and her family can join, but she isn't too optimistic after they went last December and will be going to Hawaii this December. No real long term planning has gone into any of this. I feel like I know nothing so I'm trying to scope TRs and information on the boards to figure out what I'm doing! But it has reignited my excitement about Disney so I'm having fun with it. I'm

Perfect! I'm so excited for your big family trip.

I'm here to enjoy the TR, but I'm looking to steal any tips and tricks that I can! :rotfl2:

It's what we all do. I wish this trip was more recent for better tips but it will have some fun.

Sorry to bust into this trip report as a long time lurker, but I just wanted to say "hi" to another 4-H mom. Cattle shows (and their care in the off season) has cut into our vacation time as well. What breeds are you involved in? We have Angus beef cattle and Holstein and Brown Swiss dairy cattle.

:welcome:I'm so happy you're getting involved. Andy has lots of knowledge in the farm department. When he starts his report be sure and sign on.

Hello from a lurker to everyone else. I love your family centric trip reports.

Hello again! I'm thrilled you're enjoying our crazy family.

How great that Danielle gets to come home in October! I'm sure you're counting down the days until she gets there.

Yes we are!!

Uh-oh, sounds like Epcot took a toll on you all this day. It happens to the best of us. And seeing as you were contending with masks and social distancing and new rules, I'm sure it wasn't easy navigating the park!

Why is it always Epcot that does this.

You gotta get those big metal objects in front of you, otherwise you'll get dinged for bag check every time. Learned that the hard way. :rotfl:

We learned the hard way too. I can just breeze through now, but Dennis still has issues sometimes with stuff in his pockets.

Sorry to bust into this trip report as a long time lurker, but I just wanted to say "hi" to another 4-H mom.
:wave2: But I'm actually a 4-H dad. :rolleyes1 We like the red cattle. Herefords. He showed last summer in Louisville at the Hereford Jr National show and now he's all in on going back. DD has never had any interest in getting into the cattle, but after going to that show, I think she kind of wants to get involved now.
My kids are spaced apart. My oldest (son) is almost 5 years older than Michelle, and Michelle is 9 years and 2 days older than Danielle. It took a LONG time before my schedule was freed up some.
You know, there's some good and bad to that. Maybe not as much time when all 3 are busy and in need of rides, etc. But that's a long time to drag it out!
A cabin in Gatlinburg sound fabulous. Dennis want to do a trip there for just the two of us.
::yes:: Honestly, that has kind of become our go to when we just need a vacation. We did it in 2020 since we felt a cabin in the mountains was a "safe" trip to make. DD actually complained that she would rather go back there than go to Disney World. If you aren't going out and hitting up all the commercialized stuff and just need a getaway, it is a heck of a lot more relaxing and budget friendly!

::yes:: Honestly, that has kind of become our go to when we just need a vacation. We did it in 2020 since we felt a cabin in the mountains was a "safe" trip to make. DD actually complained that she would rather go back there than go to Disney World. If you aren't going out and hitting up all the commercialized stuff and just need a getaway, it is a heck of a lot more relaxing and budget friendly!
He really wants to see the sites and do hiking. I want to cross over into North Carolina and see the Biltmore.

He had a bed and breakfast picked out in Townsend, but it was sold to someone for a private residence.

Since I do the Disney planning this is his vacation to plan.

I’m catching up!
Wow Hurricane Ian has caused a lot of trouble! It sounds like tons of rain and wind in the Disney area.
I saw Disney is doing a phase opening today. Good day to go if you are there, crowds will be very low.
I love the new security system at Disney now, wow what a time saver.
It sounds like Epcot was not the best on this particular day.
I love AKL and Kidani, it really does feel like a whole different world and a way to separate parks and resort time!
I think your daughter is bounding as Esmeralda from Hunchback?
Really cute outfit and mask!

:wave2: But I'm actually a 4-H dad. :rolleyes1
Yes sorry, caught that after I went back and reread the post. I blame eye drain from too much computer. When my eyes are making mistakes, my brain tends to "fill in the blanks" and often incorrectly. That is usually how I know it is time to take a break. Sorry again, I corrected the original post. I am safer being a lurker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter