Food stuck in wisdom teeth holes

Thanks for all the advice!
I think I"m going to end up using all of the ideas. Anything I eat, it ends up back in my holes, and it drives me crazy. Its also painful

Bleek about the infection, now I really need to make sure and clean it out.

Ohhhh you have my total empathy!
I went through this a couple of months back after an extraction...yes, they should have given you a curved tip syringe to gently rinse the site out after eating. I tried some home methods and ended up flushing the blood clot out and then gave myself dry socket which was agony!!!
Go to the Oral Surgeon and get the food removed and then ask for a syringe. Remember, gentle the clot needs to stay in the bottom for the site to heal!

Ohhhh you have my total empathy!
I went through this a couple of months back after an extraction...yes, they should have given you a curved tip syringe to gently rinse the site out after eating. I tried some home methods and ended up flushing the blood clot out and then gave myself dry socket which was agony!!!
Go to the Oral Surgeon and get the food removed and then ask for a syringe. Remember, gentle the clot needs to stay in the bottom for the site to heal!

I'm thinking that after 2.5 weeks it shouldn't be a worry about the blood clot? Mostly I'm beginning to see the food isn't exactly stuck in the hole, but on the outside of the whole between the wall and the mouth. NOt sure how to describe it lol.

But I did go to the pharmacy and get a smaller baster thing today. It's working pretty well. I look like a fool, but anything to get food out. :headache:

Ever since I had my wisdom teeth removed, on one side of my mouth there is a hole in the back where my tooth was and the dentist gives me an Oral-B End-Tufted brush to keep the hole clean. I use this everyday. Hope this helps.

Ever since I had my wisdom teeth removed, on one side of my mouth there is a hole in the back where my tooth was and the dentist gives me an Oral-B End-Tufted brush to keep the hole clean. I use this everyday. Hope this helps.

Well I do have a normal dentist appointment coming up so I'll ask about that!
It is a big hole?

My dentist has told me that it is quite deep and every time that I go for my regular appointment they always check the depth. I clean it everyday and my dentist has told me that I'm doing a good job of keeping it clean. The hole has never bothered me and it's not like I feel food in there (no more than between your teeth) all the time. I just clean the hole when I'm flossing.

I just had my wisdom teeth removed last week and know exactly what you are going through. They did give me a syringe thing to fill with water and blast out any food that is in my mouth. I try and clean it 4 times in each tooth hole after eating to make sure nothing gets stuck perminently. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter