Flying Fish?

autumnpalm

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of making ADRs for the Flying Fish Cafe for our spring trip because we're getting the DxDDP however I have not heard much about it, review wise.

Any thoughts?

We ate there a couple of weeks ago. By far the best of our "signature" restaurants this time. My main was herb crusted Mahi Mahi with a red wine sauce which I was a bit sceptical about on the menu but was superb. I could have drunk a pint of the sauce on its own it was that good and it complimented the fish perfectly.

Atmosphere and service were great and the place was very bustling. In fact it was the only signature we went to in our two weeks that fas fully busy. It is without a doubt on our return list for next visit......................unlike Jiko.:scared1:

Went their for the first time during our last trip in 07 and LOVED IT. Well worth the 2TS credits. If you like fish and they still have it, I'd recommend the snapper wrapped in red potatoes. Mmmm.

We dined there twice in October and both meals were wonderful. The potato wrapped snapper is the signature dish and it's great. The cheese plate is excellent.

They offer a number of wine flights. I love the champagne flight.

Every time we've dined there, service has been great.

My DH and I just ate their for a special night out (Grandparents watched the DD) when we were at WDW 2 weeks ago. It was fantastic! We didn't have an ADR and just chanced it and attempted to sit at the bar. Their was no room at the bar, but they did have 2 seats at the chef's counter where you watch them cook some of the food. My DH got to see them cook his salmon right in front of us. The food was the best that I had on property all week and the best fish I've had in a long, long time. I had the potato wrapped snapper and made my DH switch plates with me half way through because I tasted his salmon and it was just so delicious.

We are staying at BWV next May and are planning to return to FF and take our DD with us this time. We'll be planning a much earlier meal for her, but my DH and I didn't want to miss out on such great food.

This is one of our favorite signatures. We love fish so I can't speak to the non fish entrees, but every fish dish we have had here has been excellent. I also love the cheese tray here.

This place is fairly crowded and somewhat noisy due to the open kitchen and close placement of tables, not a very relaxing meal. To me, the atmosphere is similar to Ca Grill but the food is better.

A great restaurant. Lots of good reviews out there, if the search function is working.....

Wow, we must have hit them on a bad night. We ate there a couple weeks ago, & it was a huge disappointment after the fabulous meal we had at HBD the night before. We used to love it, but it will be awhile before we return.

Except for CRT's dinner (HORRID), FF was, sadly, our least favorite signature meal in September. We chose it as our anniversary date meal and everything except the lovely cheese plate was so so. It was a bummer because we expected to love it.

The snapper wrapped with potato is awesome. :) So is the calamari. DH has tried several other dishes, but I always get the snapper. Food is wonderful, pricey but wonderful.

I'm afraid I have to echo the bad reviews - We were at FF for one of our dinners on our honeymoon 2 weeks ago and it was so bad it became the running joke of the trip. The waiter was incompetent, the food was cooked poorly and we were practically RUNNING out the door by the end trying to get out. The waiter didn't allow you to have your own opinion, his was always right. I watched him use his hands to rearrange food on the plate of a guest at the table next to us. He got multiple things wrong including our dessert order and my husband's steak, and every time he cleared plates from the table he would pile everything up in the middle of the table before picking the whole stack up which is just tacky in a restaurant as nice as this is supposed to be. We ordered my husband's steak medium to med. well and it came out RAW and covered in a thick gravy. Now I am a girl who likes her steak very rare but this was basically black on the outside and raw on the inside, even the crazy waiter who thought my hubby was nuts for eating anything more than medium rare thought it was disgustingly raw. I had the signature potato wrapped snapper and it was overcooked, dry and bland but I was afraid to complain because we didn't want to be there any longer than we had to at that point!! The waiter messed up the check twice and then took 15-20 minutes to get back to our table with my card when we were just ready to leave. Definitely not someplace we would go again...we ate at signature restaurants almost every night (for the honeymoon we splurged and got the Deluxe Dining Plan) and this was by far our worst experience of the whole trip. I hope my experience was an anomaly though, it certainly seemed like a pretty place. I think we might have enjoyed ourselves more if we just followed our gut instinct and sat at the bar to eat.

We ate there in October. It was partially to celebrate DHs b-day. I had called ahead for a cake. They had printed a menu with a message just for him on it. Great touches.

We got there when they opened so the hosts were kind of falling over each other. But once we sat, it was great.

You need Joey as your waiter. He was great. We had our allergy person with us and everyone was very accomodating.

There were even some, we're guessing, DVC regulars that were waiting for a table in another server's spot. They clearly knew him and said they were waiting for him--of course the DVC member walked through the middle of the restaurant and basically had this convo over our heads, but I'm the only one who notices stuff like that. I'm nosy.

Anyway, 3 of the 4 had the famous snapper. It was good. MIL had scallops. DD had the Mickey pasta, which caused me to shop for Mickey pastas before leaving, because they were so cute.

It was so good.

It was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!