Flight of Passage + People of Size = Disappointing

My DH is 6'4" and a size 12 shoe (220lbs) and fit with no issues. I, on the other hand, had a hard time getting the back restraint to click, but I'm 280lb, 5'8". It did close, but was a very tight and somewhat uncomfortable fit.
My dh is 6'5", 205-210# and wears size 16 shoes and fit. Not sure if he had to do anything special to make it work.
So i am 6’10 weigh about a biscuit short of 400 and i was able to ride... my shoes are 14wwww too
thanks! this makes me feel better!

Wear flip flops and athletic shorts and PRACTICE on the one outside. Don’t just see if you fit. Practice.
my DH doesn't wear flip flops or athletic type shorts. he'll be in gym shoes and jeans/cargo shorts. But I definitely will pass along the advice to practice!

thanks! this makes me feel better!

my DH doesn't wear flip flops or athletic type shorts. he'll be in gym shoes and jeans/cargo shorts. But I definitely will pass along the advice to practice!
I would strongly suggest bringing some sort of short you can slide inside of, even if he changes in and out right before and after. The seat is designed to be impossible to scootch on, and it will improve his odds of fitting greatly if he can scootch forward after initially sitting. That will only be accomplished by shorts that are slippery on the inside and flexible all over.

It’s a sticky material; I don't really have anything I can compare it to because I’ve never encountered another material like it. I have no idea why they designed it that way.
Okay, thanks. I tried to ride about 2 1/2 years ago, no luck.

Sometimes you just have to contort your body to a very unnatural position. I was afraid but fit.

Honestly as a plus size person myself, I feel like sometimes you just have to pick and choose your battles. You have experienced it once so I wouldn't stress myself out again waiting in an hour long line to find out I didn't cut the mustard this time around. There are still tons and tons of wonderful things to do for everyone without stressing yourself out and sucking the fun out of things over this one ride. I suspect in the future they will probably change it to make it more plus size friendly.

I am 6’2 and around 300lbs. I had no problem with the leg restraints but it was a tight fit with the belly, Lol. all did latch though and the ride was a blast. My problem came when the ride ended as it didn’t release. Thought i was going to have to have my 11 yr old daughter go to get a CM but thankfully it released about a minute after everyone else got released.

Wear flip flops and athletic shorts and PRACTICE on the one outside. Don’t just see if you fit. Practice.

Thank you for passing on this advice. This is *exactly* what my boyfriend has done to fit into the ride and it works. It’s amazing that you figured out this exact same strategy!

Now that we’ve seen and tested the ride vehicles, I’m kind of worried he will be devastated about not getting onto Tron......looks like an even tighter fit.

I'm really worried my DH won't fit because if his height and shoe size. He's 6'4, about 250#, and wears a 13 also. He has long legs, but they are skinny legs. Crossing my fingers.

My 18 year old son is thin but he’s 6’4 (all leg) and he has no problems.

I spent a lot of time reading all of these threads and stressing about this.
I was just there this past week- I am 5’6, around 270 pounds, large (but squishy belly), really thick thighs, large butt And hips, average calves. I watched all the videos on getting in the seat and followed them- I walked all the way in, stomach smushed against the seat and feet all the way forward before sitting down and used my arms to pull myself forward while sitting up very straight when the restraints were about to close. I was able to fit with no help from the cm. It was such a relief and the ride was the most amazing thing I’ve ever been on. Feel free to ask me questions

I was so glad to have scored the FP for FOP. I have just read this thread and I am a bit worried now. Big thunder Mountain worried me as I remember the bar down at the height of my thigh and my 10 yrs old beside me at her thigh height.. And the gap between both.

Should I be worried about FOP too? I am small on the calf, but large in the chest.

Any other rides at AK or MK I should think about avoiding?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I spent a lot of time reading all of these threads and stressing about this.
I was just there this past week- I am 5’6, around 270 pounds, large (but squishy belly), really thick thighs, large butt And hips, average calves. I watched all the videos on getting in the seat and followed them- I walked all the way in, stomach smushed against the seat and feet all the way forward before sitting down and used my arms to pull myself forward while sitting up very straight when the restraints were about to close. I was able to fit with no help from the cm. It was such a relief and the ride was the most amazing thing I’ve ever been on. Feel free to ask me questions
Would it be ok to ask you what size pants you are? I was there last year, was a size 50, but now I have put on weight and am a size 52-54. Would I still fit?

Hi all - I was a long time lurker of this forum and have jus returned from WDW. I was fortunate enough to secure a fast pass on FoP and then stressed about it for 60 days.

I know WDW is currently closed, but while it’s fresh in my mind I wanted to share my experience.

I am 5’5” and weigh 260 pounds. My calves are 19.5 inches around. I can report that I had absolutely no issues riding - didn’t even need a Cast member to push on bars.

All the tips and tricks have been said before but I would reiterate - sit up straight, go all the way in before sitting, wear clothes you can move around it, and get those feet forward and on your toes.

On my ride one person wasn’t able to ride but he was at least a foot taller than me and I suspect those legs would have been a major issue. His whole party were being issued fast passes as I left the ride.

Hope this helps!

I should have had my brother read this thread before trying :-) He is 6'3" with large calves - we tried to tell him to scootch forward- he didn't get it; so it didn't lock. We benefited from the side effect though - we had waited 2 hours to ride. 6 of us were successful. CM gave all 7 of us Anytime FP+ (with usual restrictions) good for two days at any park.

Thank you for passing on this advice. This is *exactly* what my boyfriend has done to fit into the ride and it works. It’s amazing that you figured out this exact same strategy!

Now that we’ve seen and tested the ride vehicles, I’m kind of worried he will be devastated about not getting onto Tron......looks like an even tighter fit.
Tron is not at all the same. I rode it in Shanghai. I fit on FOP (tight, but I fit). My calves did not fit on Tron. The locking mechanism only locks if the calf clamp works, so I had to ride in a regular (sit-up) car similar to BTMR vehicle. My husband is a skinny and he fit. Said the ride was completely different feeling because of his forward "crotch-rocket" position.

I was so glad to have scored the FP for FOP. I have just read this thread and I am a bit worried now. Big thunder Mountain worried me as I remember the bar down at the height of my thigh and my 10 yrs old beside me at her thigh height.. And the gap between both.

Should I be worried about FOP too? I am small on the calf, but large in the chest.

Any other rides at AK or MK I should think about avoiding?

Thanks!
The FOP ride vehicle doesn't hit your chest at all. I have a large bosom and I fit. Even my size of Montana hinny fits, but it make for a tight fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter