Flight of Passage + People of Size = Disappointing

Since I'm not worried about wasting a fast pass on it and the test ride seat is available, I'm hoping I'll fit and be able to ride in May.

I spent a lot of time reading all of these threads and stressing about this.
I was just there this past week- I am 5’6, around 270 pounds, large (but squishy belly), really thick thighs, large butt And hips, average calves. I watched all the videos on getting in the seat and followed them- I walked all the way in, stomach smushed against the seat and feet all the way forward before sitting down and used my arms to pull myself forward while sitting up very straight when the restraints were about to close. I was able to fit with no help from the cm. It was such a relief and the ride was the most amazing thing I’ve ever been on. Feel free to ask me questions

may I ask the size of your calves in inches please?

I'm hopeful to fit on our next visit, but I think if I feel that it's gonna be too close I will skip it. There are many other great rides and I'm not gonna spend the time stressing and feeling bad over one ride

DH has had difficulty fitting in the past but said he felt he had more room on our recent trips (November & December 2020, March & June 2021). I had the same feeling. Maybe they’ve changed the parameters a little.

Last trip in 2019 i was unable to ride FOP for the 1st time due to my size. Also couldn't ride a a few things at Universal in 2020. It is embarrassing but that's my fault and not the park's. I'm down 25 lbs and 3 points of bmi since the Universal trip last year so hoping I did enough to get on next week.
Don't be embarrassed. It's no different than someone being to short to ride. It happens and the limitations of the ride are not something you should be embarrassed about.

A friend of my daughters who has a fairly large frame had an issue when we took them to Cedar Point a few years ago. There were several rides she couldn't fit on, and the poor thing was so embarrassed and upset by midday that we just left. I think Disney in general is so much more accommodating than most other parks when it comes to larger body types, but my heart still breaks to think that it happens there as well.

Im super tall and cant ride some stuff. Unfortunately there is no to tall height restrictions on most rides, but i dont fit, so i can't ride. It sucks, but there is nothing i can do about it. Life goes on, ride another ride. I atually took a trip years ago like 3 states over to a six flags to only ride a superman coster, booked hotel and all. When all was said and done i was not able to ride it. So out of my controll, I was disappointed sure, but life goes on people. Make the most of what you can do. Have fun with what you can do and go on.

At the end of a long day it is very likely ones legs could swell enough where they didn't fit into the restraints even though they fit in it earlier in the day. No different than a kid being turned away at Space Mountain at the end of the day for not being tall enough.

Yup. My legs blow up in heat and I’m petite. Lol.

Resurrecting an old thread but it's topical - any recent reports on this? Any chance Disney has found some kind of workaround for those of us who are plentiful in the calves? I carry most of my weight from the waist to my calves and I'd really love to try this ride, so I'm hopeful someone would have good news.

Resurrecting an old thread but it's topical - any recent reports on this? Any chance Disney has found some kind of workaround for those of us who are plentiful in the calves? I carry most of my weight from the waist to my calves and I'd really love to try this ride, so I'm hopeful someone would have good news.
There are like a million workarounds Disney could have done, like bench seats or theater seats or spots for strap down wheelchairs or something. But nope.

It does look like Tron will have accessible seats in some configurations, which is good news.

There are like a million workarounds Disney could have done, like bench seats or theater seats or spots for strap down wheelchairs or something. But nope.

It does look like Tron will have accessible seats in some configurations, which is good news.
That's disappointing. I read somewhere (maybe in this thread?) that the calf restraints don't even really seem necessary as long as the back restraint is engaged, which makes it even more unfortunate. We were going to rope drop FoP on our AK day and I wish I didn't have to burn time trying the test one. It's especially irritating because it's so nebulous what could be the 'kiss of death' for one person versus another, there's no way to even make a pretty sure guess.

And FP is no more, so if you can't ride the ride, is there any chance of getting something similar for your time?

My wife was nervous about fit before we rode, but a really nice castmember (college program) talked her through the fit and helped her try the test seat out front before we went through the line. A test seat fit isn't a guarantee to fit in the actual seat, but it turned out to be a pretty good indicator. Have to pass in both the calves and the back restraint, which seems to have given her more trouble than the calves did, hitting her pretty close to a previous injury / sensitive spot.

If she ended up not being able to ride they would have helped refund our ILL. I still do agree it's ridiculous that Disney of all places would design a ride (with a long wait) that filters out a double digit percentage of their guests, when the ride movement doesn't exactly necessitate it (to that degree). Should be easy to add a bigger seat or two to each theater?

I still do agree it's ridiculous that Disney of all places would design a ride (with a long wait) that filters out a double digit percentage of their guests, when the ride movement doesn't exactly necessitate it (to that degree). Should be easy to add a bigger seat or two to each theater?
It filters out a ton of wheelchair bound people, even ones who could transfer to something like a bench or theater seat. Or heck, just park a wheelchair in front of some glass. Seems like that would be even cheaper to run.

It's even worse because this ride is so new, and the whole movie is about being disabled.

It filters out a ton of wheelchair bound people, even ones who could transfer to something like a bench or theater seat. Or heck, just park a wheelchair in front of some glass. Seems like that would be even cheaper to run.

It's even worse because this ride is so new, and the whole movie is about being disabled.
I didn't even think about that... you're so right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter