Fish Extender gift ideas -- for the not-so-crafty cruiser

I just did the same thing for our 4 night wonder this past week. Really wish I had seen yours before I ordered mine. I love how you put the ports and dates on the back side.

Wow Very nice . you have a lucky group:thumbsup2

We just got back from our cruise and I had a chance to pull out all of our great FE and thought this might help some looking for ideas. These are the great gifts we received. Some were crafty like the fabulous scrapbook & magnets. Our slippers were fantastic too, I don't know how Embasams got the stamp on them but we also received many FE that were not crafty.

DSC03700.jpg

DSC03701.jpg

DSC03702.jpg

We got things like pirate necklaces, glow sticks for pirate night, rubber ducky for bath time that DD enjoyed during her bath time since we did not pack any bath toys for her. Diving sticks, sand molds, loads of silly bands, playing cards and games such as gold fish. A brain bender puzzle that my DS has played with all day, word searches. Mini flashlights for reading books on the car ride home. Mini cruise survival kits with wipes, hand sanitizer, tissues, and mini magnet clip which we put on the inside of our door for notes (for DH for when he woke from his naps) :rolleyes1. And of course the fabulous CD :cool1:

Pens, bubbles (which we did not blow on the ship, but DD can't wait to use tomorrow), sand molds, bracelets for the kids and loads of candies and tattoos and stickers.

We gave out postcards for the adults and a magnet, both I had printed with Vista Print. For the boys we gave out cars beach balls, and the girls received princess beach balls that I picked up at the Dollar Store.

We had so much fun with the FE and can't wait to do it again, we loved everything we got.

Yesterday at Costco I found a package of 60 mini-decks of Disney themed playing cards for $7.99. All kinds of games -- Old Maid, War, Rummy, Go Fish, Memory Match.

They were in the trick-or-treating/candy section.

Yesterday at Costco I found a package of 60 mini-decks of Disney themed playing cards for $7.99. All kinds of games -- Old Maid, War, Rummy, Go Fish, Memory Match.

They were in the trick-or-treating/candy section.

I looked for those at BJ's a couple weeks ago and didn't find them.

Speaking of kicking yourself.... my Target had the Toy Story dry erase boards w/ marker. I bought one for us.... but then thought it would be a great FE gift. So I went back to Target, but now they only have the "Dora the Explorer" version. Shucks!!!

Ginny

Ou Target has Phineas and Ferb ones out right now for $1.00. Too big and bulky for me to bring accross country, but could be great for a local.

On our recent cruise, we gave printed can coozies to all the adults, along with an alcohol mini and a few laminated cards of DCL drink recipes (see below). For the kids, I had totes printed, and included some small trinket items that I got after Christmas last year of Disney characters (girls gift pictured below). I used a design from the magnet thread and had them printed.

Some of the best stuff we received...
candy for the show
candy or prepackaged food items from home states/countries
bubbles
pirate goodies for pirate night
glow sticks
card games (Uno, Crazy 8's)
DD got a coloring book with crayons
CD of some great Disney music

The important thing is to have fun!

I made 175 of these. They actually went pretty quickly, but I was covered in glitter by the time I was done ;) They are magnetic bookmarks.

DSC_0949.jpg

I also gave everyone a postcard,
PostcardFront.jpg

postcardBack.jpg

and magnet,
BusinessCardMagnet.jpg

I had a few girly party favors leftover that were given to the girls, along with some Halloween pencils, stickers, and tattoos.

The last thing in my baggie was a small Halloween hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works, probably superfluous, since we had the "cleanest hands in the world" with handi-wipes at every meal.

We got some great stuff. Handmade bookmarks, coasters, a hand painted towel. An incredible handmade bag with our last name embroidered on one side and a Disney ship on the other. Candy, candy, candy (it was Halloween!), card games, tattoos, stickers, pencils, pens, crayons, and on and on!

I made 175 of these. They actually went pretty quickly, but I was covered in glitter by the time I was done ;) They are magnetic bookmarks.

DSC_0949.jpg

I also gave everyone a postcard,
PostcardFront.jpg

postcardBack.jpg

and magnet,
BusinessCardMagnet.jpg

I had a few girly party favors leftover that were given to the girls, along with some Halloween pencils, stickers, and tattoos.

The last thing in my baggie was a small Halloween hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works, probably superfluous, since we had the "cleanest hands in the world" with handi-wipes at every meal.

We got some great stuff. Handmade bookmarks, coasters, a hand painted towel. An incredible handmade bag with our last name embroidered on one side and a Disney ship on the other. Candy, candy, candy (it was Halloween!), card games, tattoos, stickers, pencils, pens, crayons, and on and on!

Hi Jennifer - I loved your stuff. The bookmarks were very cool - something I never would have thought of. I agree we got a lot of really great stuff - it was so much fun coming back to the room to see what new surprises were waiting.

I have a question as to what you would prefer to receive as a gift. I am desperately trying to come up with ideas. I think I am going to try and make some pendents for the women/teen girls. What would you prefer to have on a pendent you receive? A picture of the ship, DCL logo, or Disney general like a Mikey profile/picture/silhouette? I want to make something someone would want to wear off the ship, at home as well.

Thanks for your input.

Your stuff was adorable. And by the way, the hand sanitizer? Not superfluous at all. I took it with us when we went off the ship and made my kids use it after picking up and petting the sea turtles at the Sea Turtle farm in Grand Cayman!

Hi Jennifer - I loved your stuff. The bookmarks were very cool - something I never would have thought of. I agree we got a lot of really great stuff - it was so much fun coming back to the room to see what new surprises were waiting.

Thanks, they really were easy to make. The most tedious part was peeling the backing off the adhesive magnets.

Morgan LOVES her little red purse! She brought it with us to Key West. Unfortunately, her Mickey pendant came apart :(

Your stuff was adorable. And by the way, the hand sanitizer? Not superfluous at all. I took it with us when we went off the ship and made my kids use it after picking up and petting the sea turtles at the Sea Turtle farm in Grand Cayman!

Oh good, I'm so glad it was useful!

Thanks everyone who played in our group. I had such a fun time getting stuff together and making things!

I have a question as to what you would prefer to receive as a gift. I am desperately trying to come up with ideas. I think I am going to try and make some pendents for the women/teen girls. What would you prefer to have on a pendent you receive? A picture of the ship, DCL logo, or Disney general like a Mikey profile/picture/silhouette? I want to make something someone would want to wear off the ship, at home as well.

Thanks for your input.

Speaking for myself, any of those would be great! A little reminder of the cruise as opposed to a "general" Disney thing I think would be wonderful. Have fun!

I was at our local COSTCO this week (CT) and saw Princess and Cars playdo packs. I believe there were 16 in each for 14.99.

Another Idea for those who need one.

I purchased these pens (personalized with what I wanted) from Discount Mugs (online). Typically bulk orders require a 250 minimum...these pens required only a 100 minimum order and were super inexpensive. At the time I ordered, we had around 85-90 folks in our exchange. Thankfully Discount Mugs sent about 120 pens so I had enough to give out to the later comers to our exchange!

IMG_2906.jpg

I purchased these pens (personalized with what I wanted) from Discount Mugs (online). Typically bulk orders require a 250 minimum...these pens required only a 100 minimum order and were super inexpensive. At the time I ordered, we had around 85-90 folks in our exchange. Thankfully Discount Mugs sent about 120 pens so I had enough to give out to the later comers to our exchange!

In another post, my Photobucket pictures were not showing up for everyone. Not sure if that is the case here also, so reposting the picture from Shutterfly. Hope this works!

ry%3D400

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest