First Timer so thankful for all your advice

ariel85

Earning My Ears
HI everyone

I am planning a vacation for my family next February and I learn so much from this board. I was interested in Bunnyfoo's comment that he/she is using Air Miles.

After a decade of collecting the darn things, I thought I should finally use them. I was wondering how it has gone for you...smoothly? Any restrictions I should expect? Any info would be great.

thanks

:D

Welcome to the board Ariel. :)
I have used Airmiles to book airfare (never to Florida). I would book your tickets as soon as posible. There is only a limited number of tickets per airflight set asided for for comped purposes. I have always been given my seat selections when I book.

Thanks CdnDisneyNut

In checking the Air Miles Website, tickets purchased must be used no more than 331 days after issue, so I have to wait until March/April to book. Luckily, I am fairly flexible in timing of my trip, which brings me to my next question

Can someone confirm for me that late January, Early February is a good time to go, not too hot, not too cold, relatively short line-ups etc? Any down side to this...early closures etc

Thanks again

Hi ariel85! Welcome to the boards :p I've used Air Miles to book airplane tickets to Orlando and Chicago and have not experienced any problems. I agree with CdnDisneyNut, book your tickets as soon as you know your dates. Last year, I tried getting seats for May in March and was told that there were no seats available... So this year, I booked in January and got my tickets. :p I spoke to one of the ticket agents at Air Miles who told me there are only 7-8 seats on the Orlando flight (from Toronto). He mentioned that if you're going during off-peak season, you won't have to book as early.

I've also redeemed for merchandise with no problems :) Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Ariel,

I haven't used Airmiles, 'cause I'm in the same boat as you. Collecting for 10 years and almost made it for FLA flights!LOL

Going in January/February can be iffy!LOL We were down January 23 - 26 prior to our cruise and I think it was warmer here in TO! As far as the crowds, pactically non-existant!

The only line we encountered was the Pooh ride! For "It's A Small World", yes I've been singing it all week thanks to the other post!LOL, we walked right on!

Yes the hours are shorter but there is so much to do whether onsite or off!

Just remember, the weather can go either way!

Have fun planning, and we will all help in anyway we can!

Scratch
:smooth:

Hi Ariel...We used air miles last year to fly to Tampa in Feb. No problem at all...we booked the August before. Just remember that you have to pay all the fees, surcharges, taxes. etc, etc!!! For three tickets it was $475.00 and 5850 miles. Probably saved us $1000.00. So see what you can get airfare for...you may be better off buying your tickets and using your miles for merchandise. Just a thought. Good Luck!

Hi again

Thanks everyone for your input.

I know everyone is telling me how cold it was in Florida this January, so what are the odds that would happen two years in a row ;) (I can hope right) But really, I am a canuck, a little cold won't bother me nearly as much as line ups. :sunny:

I used my airmiles to buy a Nintendo Game Cube at Christmas and it was amazing, ordered online, had it shipped, no taxes or anything. Let's hope the flight issue goes as well.

My next question is how far in advance to book the resort. I think(although my mind keeps changing) I would like to book the Coronado Springs and I have every intention of using the discount codes. So if I book now, do I have to call back at the end of the year, when the new codes come out? Is that ok? Or do I have to wait to book hotel?

thanks again

We used airmiles for flights-no problems but you do have to book way in advance!
We also used them for a rental car while in Orlando-rental was from Alamo,most horrible experience in my life,they tried to say that they didn't have info from airmiles and my rental and tried to make me pay almost 500.00 USD! We almost missed our flight coming home, I had to stand outside on the payphone for nearly an hour with airmiles trying to staighten everything out,they finally faxed Alamo all the info and they let us go but they were initially adamant they didn't do business with airmiles! Followed up when I got home but no real reponse from either company-needless to say I won't rent cars with Airmiles again!

Grover in Winnipeg!
:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter