First look at Heath Ledger as Joker

Gurgi

DIS Veteran
joker-first-dark-knight-01.jpg

I'm gonna say that I'm not sure if I like how he looks. I still like the animated/classic looking Joker...guess we'll have to see how it plays out into the next Batman movie.

ETA: If pic doesn't come up, you can see it here:
http://www.popoholic.com/2007/05/21/first-official-joker-picture/

Is it just me, or is the picture not loading? I'm not even getting a link...could be me.

^ I get a message that says I don't have permission to view that link on this server. Which is weird, because I'm at home.

Nope not loading....I'm not sure it's legit yet either do to the factthe site does not have any link to warnerbros yet.

Give me a sec and I'll post it for you.

I for one like it the more I look at it....it's all about the realness of the "Joker' hideing his deformity/scars.

the more I think about it Nolan did nothign but goodthings with Bats Begins..so I trust him with DKR.

Did I mention I also and the biggest Heath Ledger geek there is....I must have put like 20 e-mails into the site the the joker hacked to see this picture.

HeathJoker_t.jpg

There ya go!

He looks interesting. Definitely more dark and sinister than previous versions. Unfortunately for Health Ledger, his performance is going to be compared to Jack Nicholson who was great in the first movie.

I'm looking forward to this movie, I thought Christian Bale was the best Batman, and Batman Begins was the best of the series.

He looks interesting. Definitely more dark and sinister than previous versions. Unfortunately for Health Ledger, his performance is going to be compared to Jack Nicholson who was great in the first movie.

I'm looking forward to this movie, I thought Christian Bale was the best Batman, and Batman Begins was the best of the series.

Very true, but I think Chris nolan will set the tone early one and in interviews(as he already has been) that this joker will be NOTHING like what Jack played...he is going to be more sinister, and more real. FAR less clowny. I've been reading that his wardrobe is not the classic "purple suit and tie" but more looking like a man who just broke out from prision trying to put an outfit together from what he can find...rumor still says it will purple though.(much darker purple)

Also if anyone can distance themselves form Jack's portrail it will be Ledger who is one of the most underrated actors in hollywood still. (even with brokeback's success..by far not his best acting either)

I agree that it was the best Batman movie to date, but I dont consider it part of the series.

What a shocker, DH (The Horned King) found this thread.

I'm a huge Joker fan (Harley Quinn, my namesake, is his girlfriend) and I'm also a big Heath fan (not as big as DH tho), so I'm really up for anything. Now if they would just add Harley in the movie, I'd be on cloud 9. Not gonna happen, but a girl can dream.

I like Heath too, but that Joker image is very disturbing. Still, I'll see the movie for Heath.

I agree, Christian Bale is the best! I'm glad they have gone back to a darker, creepier feel than the prior cartoonish versions. Not that the original wasn't entertaining, I just like this style better. Heath Ledger looks like he was attacked by "The Carver" (Nip/Tuck)! :thumbsup2

What a shocker, DH (The Horned King) found this thread.

I'm a huge Joker fan (Harley Quinn, my namesake, is his girlfriend) and I'm also a big Heath fan (not as big as DH tho), so I'm really up for anything. Now if they would just add Harley in the movie, I'd be on cloud 9. Not gonna happen, but a girl can dream.

I ADORE Harley Quinn. I used to own one of Bruce Timm's original drawings of her, but after I left my ex I was forced to sell it to have money to live off of :( :( :( :(

I ADORE Harley Quinn. I used to own one of Bruce Timm's original drawings of her, but after I left my ex I was forced to sell it to have money to live off of :( :( :( :(

How horrible!!!

It's nice to meet a fellow fan. I own every comic she's ever been in and alll of the DVDs of the old animated series. Paul Dini just did an episode of The Batman that she was in that was GREAT! And if Birds of Prey ever comes out on DVD, I'll get that too.

BTW I love Gurgi too!! Did you notice DH's screen name?? The Horned King?? He posted the pic on the thread for you? :teeth:

I think the pic is really creepy, but I hope they keep doing things like this on the net.

For those of you who don't know: if you went to thedarkknight.com and clicked on the pciture, it took you to ilikeharveydent.com or some such site. Last night joker drew all over Harvey's face and then they slowly released pixels of the picture that THK posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter